PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:28 pm 
BOTM Winner

Ha Ha chris i have a nice 7.3 but i do like that sticker lol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:31 pm 
WB Contributor

ridenrace6 wrote:
bmoore wrote:
JeffClay wrote:
Nice chad! Those duramaxs are faaassstttt for sure you will like it. (That's tough to say for a Cummins guy!!!)

if it wasnt for those new emisions laws you'd all still be chaseing the strokin 7.3 :twisted: sorry chad i had to :wink:

id rather be cummin than strokin :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

yea but the women like the strokers!!! 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:31 pm 
BOTM Winner

I'd rather......uummmm, I don't have anything to go by with a Duramax....lol I believe the truck market will be cornered if Ford was smart if they put a 3rd Generation cummins in a Ford super duty body (99-07) with an Allison transmission :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:35 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Baddvw wrote:
I'd rather......uummmm, I don't have anything to go by with a Duramax....lol I believe the truck market will be cornered if Ford was smart if they put a 3rd Generation cummins in a Ford super duty body (99-07) with an Allison transmission :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

id be after one of them in a flash, i read diesel power monthly and they did a write up a while back on that very setup that somebody did

Chris

Last edited by ridenrace6 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:36 pm 
BOTM Winner

I saw that too, but would love to see it in mass production and then you will have the best of all 3 worlds!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:47 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

pipedope wrote:
Ha Ha chris i have a nice 7.3 but i do like that sticker lol

yeah the 7.3's were/are nice but everything since has been junk imo, i probably would have bought a ford had they still had the 7.3, but since they didnt i went with the one with the best engine imo even if the rest of the truck is a piece of shit, especially the tranny and interior/body/accessory stuff :evil:

and yeah i just couldnt resist the saying, i had a tag with the big C on it and a frame around it with the saying on it on my front bumper till it got broke :roll:

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:06 pm 

Chad that is a nice looking truck. I know this is not the right place to ask this but i know you are reading this regularly. How much of a difference is there between your old 2275 and your 2500. Did you build a complete new motor or use everythink out of your 2275? If you used all the stuff out of your old motor what all did you still have to buy or change. I have a buddy that is thinking about doing the same thing. You can put this in motor builds if you want.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:34 pm 
BOTM Winner

No problem on the question you asked, here is fine.....I re-used the case and the heads....everything else is new.....I sent the heads off to get them ported and polished with new valve springs and valves, new rods because the old crank was VW journals now this one is Chevy journals, different new cam, new lifters because the lifters stays with the cam, new rockers, new jugs and pistons. You can pretty much re-use everything except the crank and rods, you just have to get the block cut and clearanced for the 90mm crank and open your heads up a little bit, as far as the cam goes, it depends on what its got to start with, if it is a W-110, FK-43, or somewhat close to it, you can re-use it, it is all up to the owner on what he wants, there is plenty of info out there on choosing the cams you like on that particular engine, you can re-use the jugs and pistons, just re-ring the pistons and make sure they are in good shape and the jugs, you will have to space the hell out of them to make up for the longer stroke, I'd preferred to use Jaycee long barrels for the 94mm bore because it is extra long on the case end to where you can have it cut to fit your longer stroke and eliminate the use of spacers. Let me know if you need anything else and thanks for the comment on the truck 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:39 pm 

could you tell alot of difference in the power between the 2 or is it just more torque

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:12 pm 
BOTM Winner

The man wrote:
could you tell alot of difference in the power between the 2 or is it just more torque

Night and day difference, the torque is unreal and the hp is a slight improvement and it is more than it used to be, the powerband is a huge improvement and it is very wide open too!! I can lug around the woods just fine idling in first gear (3.10) and sometimes second too (2.36), the low end is just unbelievable and you can almost count the stroke from the engine to where it is lugging around, I believe the most improvement as far as hp goes is in the heads (flow) and the torque is in the crank. Remember, don't open up the heads too much or it will not work very well. I can rev the motor taking off in first gear and just almost instantly bounce off the rev limiter (7000 rpm) If you floor it and I only did this once when I got pissed off at the buggy during the Turkey Run...LOL I may or need to get a second gear tranny built because I can blow the tires out easily when climbing hills sometimes, but I am learning how to harness the power at the gas pedal and I am giving it too much sometimes. Overall.....it just revs alot quicker and alot wider powerband than it used to be and he will notice the difference and will have to upgrade the pressure plate or it will slip. As far as the powerband goes, just think of a badass 2-stroke (rev wise) combined with a torque monster===best of both worlds, I have seen a 2276 run like hell and it impressed the hell out of me and the same goes to a 2387 as well, it is all on how it is geared and built.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:03 pm 

the motor i am talking about runs like a raped ape. It has superflow heads on it. I have not personally seen a 2500 with sf heads but I had two motors with them and they run like crazy. They where both 2332.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 pm 
BOTM Winner

Cool, remember, you don't want an engine built just for rpm's, you want torque, I know you can run mild to wild heads on any strokers, I would say just keep it mild and it will do great!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:26 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
Congrats on the new truck ! 8)
Jason

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:35 am 
BOTM Winner

giveitagallon wrote:
Congrats on the new truck ! 8)
Jason

Thanks man 8)

Board index » General » Members Rides