It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:53 am

Board index » General » Pictures and Videos

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Raillboy toy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:06 pm 

just a couple picsImage

Last edited by Railboy on Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:29 pm 

Can't see the pic?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:38 pm 

sorry the pick is so big... these damn computers.. so what ya think :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:08 pm 
Hill Climber

Congrats on figuring out the pic posting. The buggy looks nice. Its short I bet it gets thru the woods real good.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:25 pm 

actually my buggy has about an 8 foot wheelbase. It does go like hell in the woods just a little to stiff in the rear right now. [guess I'll just have to jump it a little more often to soften it up quicker.] I 've noticed ya'll are bogger fans all the way, but I've have great luck with sx swampers so far. I am in need of some front grippers just have not figured out what yet. where did you get ya's at :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:25 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Looks nice! 8' wheelbase is kinda short. 96" will stand right up when you get that big motor and some bite on the ass end! If you dont already have them, some extended rear arms would be getting you closer to ideal at 99". Seems like 101-104 works well for a nice trade off between drivability and weight transfer. It matters how far forward the driver's area is in the buggy too., and how heavy, and on and on and on....

As far as front tires, you can get three rib front tires at Tractor Supply for about $45 each. They work pretty well. Dont know where to get front traction or ag type tires for the front. Bought mine from Bruce1!
When you get into some really rough or rocky terrain those front wheels may cause the steering wheel to be rough on ya. They are sharp looking, though. Save 'em for a street rail and put you some stock Beetle wheels on the front, you are just gonna beat the hell out of 'em anyways!! :twisted:

Larry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:28 am 

In responce to kybuggy.. Yes my buggy is a little jumpy up front with that fresh 1835. What I ran into was with my rear cage last year during my teardown I put a 3 rib in bolted motor down and all. then seen my trimill wouldn't fit [to close.] DAMN.. DAMN... DAMN.. two days before a planned trip so I drank alot of beer and shoved my bullet proff car tranny back in. So after this season I am going to build a big two seater with a bench in the back for my son to go. Then we will go with bigger arms and a 5-6 rib. This will be hard for ya'll to swallow but my buddy put the 3 rib in his ride an with a 1641 he has to bonzi hills in 2nd. to make them. Me I can just crawl up in first an when time is right STAB THE THROTTLE. and slam 2nd if need be.[url]Image[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:30 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Its easy to believe your buddy has to bonzai hills in second with a 1641 3-rib, the momentum is all thats getting him up the hills, especially if he's in a two seater or his buggy's very heavy at all.
Been there done that for two seasons while I was building my 2387 and Weddle 6-rib. When you are ready for those rear arms, DMarks makes a nice set. I make my own , too, but his are much lighter and he guarantees them for life !!

Larry

Board index » General » Pictures and Videos