It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:31 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:33 am 

On my torsion are some Travel stops are these from the Factory? I dont remember seeing these on other torsions.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 am 

Typically a strap like that is a spring plate retainer that keeps the plate from bending out and slipping past the factory stop. The stop that you have appears to not be factory on the torsion but also looks like it would work just fine as long as your CV's aren't exceeding their max angle.

Last edited by fortydegnorth on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:48 am 

Fourty is right . U can cut them off and run limit straps if u wish for more travel if u run longer arms just make sure your cv's don't bind.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:46 am 

Thanks Guys!! Im Sure Ill put Limit Straps on it when I get the fox shocks mounted. Ill get this Stuff Figured out one day!

I do I have an Issue on my driverside rear arm! It sags on that side like the torsion is soft. Is there a way I can tighten it or do I just need to get new tosion bars? I really wont need them if IM going to the fox shocks do I?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:42 am 

If you go to a shock that will support the buggy, like an airshock or coil over, you can eliminate the torsion bars and get a torsion eliminator kit for your spring plate pivot. If you keep the torsion, you can stiffen them up. They are splined on both ends of the torsion bar. You can re-index the bar and spring plate to get it where you want it. They are different splines, end for end, so you may need to do a combination to get it right. For example you may move the inner spline on clockwise and the outer one counter-clockwise. It's been a while since I messed with a torsion but there are ways to calculate what move you need to make.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:22 pm 
BOTM Winner

Someone may have already cut the factory stops off and installed the bracket to replace them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 pm 
Master fabricator

If you go much more that it is now you might need to notch the spring plate to clear the lower rear bolts. If not you will shear them off.

G
A

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis