It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Front end rebuild
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:53 pm 

Just ordered my Fox Air shocks. Got a good deal through one of the sponsors 4 wheel parts. I looked and looked and everyone seemed to be getting $230 and up for the 10" travel 2.0 Air Shocks. They started out there and I asked him if that's the best they could do and he put me on hold for a min and came back and told me $199 shipped to my door. Couldn't pass that up. I have a nice set of combo spindles and 2.5x1 arms that Ody hooked me up with. Now for a long travel beam and rack and pinion set up. Then no more beating me to death on the trail! Can't wait. After this upgrade, the front of my buggy will go a little better with all the goodies on the back. It's no fun having the power to hit scooby in 2nd but getting beat to death doing it! Any recommendations for anything else on the front will be great. I am thinking about a +6 front beam with the 10" towers and thru rods. Then I am thinking a heavy duty rack with hiem joints. I know someone will say power steering... not quite there yet. Any other input from your trial and error would be great.

Post subject: Re: Front end rebuild
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:15 pm 
BOTM Winner

Sounds like you on the right track. Buy a good Rack and not the cheapo HD rack that latest rage offers. Wellsville is hard on even the best racks like Howe and Saco. I have a 6" over beam set up with 10" reinforced towers and rack mount I will let go under the you buy a lot of stuff from me plan. :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:
Give me a call.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis