It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:30 am 

Anyone ever bought/installed this kit?

#3 The $1395.99 one.
http://www.dansperformanceparts.com/buggy/susp/buggyreararms.htm

Is it a bunch of Chinese made junk? Is the camber off and stuff?

Got a little extra money. Wanna go 3x3's. Whats the best way to buy everything? In a kit? Piece it all together from various places?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:39 am 
Master fabricator

No too much description on the parts. Race axles don't mean squat to me, SAW does. 930 cv's could be junk china crap instead of GNK/Lobro. I think I would stay away from it with out more detail.

G
A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:42 am 

OK cool. I know blind chicken is supposed to make nice 3x3's if not a little slow. Then I guess I need to spend a lot of time trying to piece together the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:44 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Are those just shocks or the nitrogen air shocks?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:47 am 

Man, I don't know. They don't really get too descriptive do they.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:50 am 
Master fabricator

Standard emulsion shock. Not even remote rezzy. I know I could do better piecing the set out from different sources. Take your time, KNOW what your getting and ask questions. Remember to a salesmen everything he sells is the best. Ask us here WE know what really works.

G
A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:43 am 
WB Contributor

i just bought 3x3 kit with chromoly everything for 750.00 , bus cv's, saved a couple hundred from 930's so i bought alot of other stuff with that :mrgreen: http://www.appletreeauto.com/product.ph ... =16&page=1, got the cv's upgraded to chromoly :wink: there having a big sale thru tomorrow on certain things! i spent to much :roll: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:08 am 
BOTM Winner

MadMike wrote:
No too much description on the parts. Race axles don't mean squat to me, SAW does. 930 cv's could be junk china crap instead of GNK/Lobro. I think I would stay away from it with out more detail.

X2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:23 pm 

Thanks Mike I have noticed the guys on here tend to be a bit more knowledgeable.

OK got a few more questions.

Dave that looks like a hell of a deal too bad I have a three rib (002). Do you think the individual parts are quality pieces? Dave have you had a chance to begin your install? Also Dave are you going to box those tube arms in? I have heard that big rocks can bend the bottom tubs or at least flatten them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:55 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

You can also call Dan.. He will tell you what he thinks.. His son is HUGE into racing and beats the crap out of parts. In the past, Dan has told me when to stay away from parts and what is good. I feel that I can trust Dan to steer us straight..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:21 pm 
WB Contributor

well i've seen these kits several times ,
depending on your driving habits & funds as to what you want , but those are not lobro's or gnk's its an economy kit compared to individual name brand componants , call weddle engineering in cali. as well as who dan said and get a few opoinions , i havent heard a lot of good on empi joints from people in ky. & al. who abuse thier rides on a regular basis !!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 pm 
Master fabricator

Call Avery Aircooled, I have been dealing with Todd for years. He makes 930 stub axles and drive flanges out of stock German parts. In case you don't know the German steel and heat treating are second to none. His stub axles and drive flanges are $50 each, not counting core charges, you won't find a better deal anywhere.
They also sell a bad ass set of trailing arms made for desert racing, that are well suited for what we do, worth checking out.

G
A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:44 pm 
BOTM Winner

Plumberbill and I run the Avery arms and IMHO well worth the money. They are chromoly tube style and handle the Odyknuck effect so that should tell ya something! Check them out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:57 pm 

Do yall have a link to the avery arms? I'm not finding them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:57 pm 
WB Contributor

Odyknuck wrote:
Plumberbill and I run the Avery arms and IMHO well worth the money. They are chromoly tube style and handle the Odyknuck effect so that should tell ya something! Check them out.

does he also make 2x3's or just 3x3's and do you have an idea of how much they weigh!!!b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:09 pm 
Master fabricator

http://www.averres.com/

G
A

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:22 pm 
WB Contributor

MadMike wrote:

by god mike ,
you on top of it aint you , thanks alot cause i could'nt pull it up either , man they look strong with that bracing , i've seen some look -a-likes from appletree but they wasn't braced with webs like those & only 19lbs. too , not bad !! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 pm 

MadMike wrote:

Thanks man. Thought that was it, but wasn't sure.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:43 pm 
WB Contributor

manther wrote:
Thanks Mike I have noticed the guys on here tend to be a bit more knowledgeable.

Dave that looks like a hell of a deal too bad I have a three rib (002). Do you think the individual parts are quality pieces? Dave have you had a chance to begin your install? Also Dave are you going to box those tube arms in? I have heard that big rocks can bend the bottom tubs or at least flatten them.

this kit is for a 3 ribtrans and can converted to a 6 rib,they are empi parts but there all chromoly so i hope they'll hold up, we'll find out. i just ordered em so i havent got them yet, ill start a thread when i get all my parts and show upgrades tho.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:30 pm 

diamonddav wrote:
manther wrote:

this kit is for a 3 ribtrans and can converted to a 6 rib,they are empi parts but there all chromoly so i hope they'll hold up, we'll find out. i just ordered em so i havent got them yet, ill start a thread when i get all my parts and show upgrades tho.

Take your time and polish and clock the cv . Center the trans and limite wheele travel.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:03 pm 

iv ran almost the same setup dave with a 2500 and six rib and i run the shit out of my buggy hav'nt broke nothing at least not yet :) i think you will be fine them cv is good till 21% they hold up real well you have seen how i treat my buggy :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:24 pm 

darrell wrote:
iv ran almost the same setup dave with a 2500 and six rib and i run the shit out of my buggy hav'nt broke nothing at least not yet :) i think you will be fine them cv is good till 21% they hold up real well you have seen how i treat my buggy :evil:

Darrell you talking about the dan's performance kit? The appletreeauto kit? Or the avery aircoolers trailing arms?

Also DiamonDave I see what you mean now about how its meant for a 002 but can be modified for an 091.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:54 pm 

OK finally got to talk to someone at Avery's aircoolers. They are going to price me out an entire kit, and email it back to me. If it gets to be too much I'll pick and choose what I want to buy from them. and what I want to buy locally. For instance maybe I just buy the arms, stubs, carrier, and berrings from them. But then buy the CV's, axles, and boots locally. He wanted me to stay away from empi cv's. He said empi axles aren't great but they last longer than empi cv's.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:23 pm 
WB Contributor

let us know the prices ! im curious! i plan on beefing up the arms a bit and polishing my cvs so i think i will be fine. can someone find me the picture on how to brace the carrier and the arms? i know i ve seen it on here before but cant find it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:12 pm 
WB Contributor

DIAMOND DAVE i figured out what was wrong with your carb---i didnt have your sock full enough and your lil foot was too light! this year im bringin a spare 5 seater....me you lori gina AND THE COOLER!

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis