It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

Board index » Blogs » Instigators Place

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:11 pm 

Started home wanted to get to indiana. they have a nice rest stop there good place to pool over.Made it to the east side of louisville had a blow out on the left front. no big deal i got a spare. Fight with getting that done for a hour and im on my way again. stop at the rest stop in indiana sleep to 7:00am and im on my way again. Coming into St. Louis i can see the arch. thats my home state. go past the arch onto i-70 every thing is looking good. exit 220 blow the right rear tire now.im screwed i already used my spare. Dont know anyone in st. louis. Called in Kansas City to get a number of a guy that i sand drag with that lives around St. Louis Dan Weish get a hold of Dan and he said he was one the way.Dan and his dad show up in there church clothes. now i feel bad. they check it out. Said they needed to get there truck and they would be right back. Dan shows back up in his truck and his dad pulls up with his car. Dan has some wheels and tires in back his truck. that may fit. there 8 lug but there for a newer Ford metic 8 lug. Damn the bad luck. Well maybe we can take tires tires off his and use them on mine. no luck his are 16" mine are 16.5". well lets go to wAl-mart and get some. they dont sell 16.5 tires. no tire shops are open easter sunday.We go looking no luck. Dan says we may have something at are shop lets go look. Where hitting the bottom of the barrel now. Get to the shop and find 2 that will work. i take 2 because i dont trust the other 2 tires now. every thing looking better. we get back to the truck and Dans mom and dad are there with sandwitches. talk about some nice people took me on a tire easter egg hunt for 3 hours. They wont take any money from me said to pay it forward. On my way again.Clicking off the miles every thing is looking good get to my exit off i-70 40 miles to go and i'm home. i hear that sound like a tire going flat. Now what. get out and look no flat tires but i can still hear it pop the hood on the truck. Fan belt are coming a part. its 6:30 sunday night theres no auto parts open now. i just have to make it a little more. on the road again. get home with it pull in the drive lock the doors and forget about it.

I'm ready for Rushville now. with 4 new tires and belts what else can go wrong?
'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:25 pm 
WB Videographer and BOTM winner

Wow that sucks. Glad you made it home in one piece. Good meetin ya!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:42 pm 

Your buggy does cool wheelies though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:53 pm 

you guys should of said something i would of gave rides it does it just a easy with 2 people. it was fun going between the trees. never had to do that before.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:33 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Jesus!! What terrible luck! What brand of tires? I'll make sure to never buy them. :shock:

Very glad you made the long trip. Thanks for bringing the adapters, too. It was great to meet you and hang out a while. Wish there would have been time for some trail riding, I wanted a ride in that buggy. Looks very cool with that blower sittin up there!
It would definately be a good one to teach a person how to drive with their cutters with their front end in the air. :wink:
Hope you can come back this way soon!

Larry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:52 pm 
WB Contributor

Your last name isn't Smith is it? :lol: I've had that kind of luck my whole life..... :roll:

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
Thomas Jefferson

Darlene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:13 am 
WB Videographer

What an adventure!
Glad you made the trip, great to meet you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:00 am 
Global moderator

Hey Instigator,,,glad we met in person,,after a year of talking on the phone I would know your voice anywhere. Hate your trip home was so troublesome . I look forward to riding with you again. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:08 am 
we have about the same luck.

On my way up I looked back and smoke was every where. I pulled over and the bearings had went out of 1 of my buggy trailers, and messed up the spindle. So I had to call a wrecker. (And thanks to them they got me to D&K) We went to a shop and worked on it till 12am, till we said screw it. And some great guys that were there said take my trailer. And we did. As we got back on the road I looked up and Blue lights were behind me, so I pulled over. The Tennessee State trooper said “I need you Drivers license, insurance card, and Registration. Well I have never been asked to see my registration and did not know you need to have it in your truck. So this State trooper kindly told me to get out mf my truck and go ahead and put my things that were on the back of my truck in side my truck because I was going to Jail, and they were going to tow my truck and buggys. Well Angela decided to call "the wrecker service again" and He cam to rescue us again. The state trooper got another call of a very bad wreck with a D.O.A. and they needed his help ASAP. He then talked to his supervisor on the radio and he told him to go ahead and wrap it up and let me go, since I had no record. Then we proceeded to go to the wrecker drivers shop, and fix the violations that were on the trailer. "Lights, and safety chains". At 1:30am we left and headed for D&K for the 3rd time and we made it!!!! At 4:05am. So a 3 hour trip took us 10.5 hours to get there.

This is the short version of this. Also David hill had the same problems going home.

It was all worth it to get to climb in the event, and to take home such a nice trophy. It looks good sitting on my desk!!!!!!

Also Thanks to the wrecker driver and his dad for helping us.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:56 pm 

Hey Instigator, give me a yell next time you are in or going through St. Louis. I am about 30 miles from downtown at the Arch.

Glad you made it home.

If you can't buy it....Make it

You know, water and electricity dont mix (from a nurse at a hospital)

Two turtles don't make a rabbit

Board index » Blogs » Instigators Place