It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 pm

Board index » General » Members Rides

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:43 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

not to go off subject, but you got a really good deal on your truck baddvw. back on subject, i actually would prefer to have a diesel mainly because i like them, the power is unreal. I was looking very hard for a cummins, but ended up getting a damn good deal on my 2500 gasser that i couldnt pass up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:12 pm 
BOTM Winner

As far as my Ol' Lady's TDI Golf is concerned, I will gladly pay 10% more for the fuel to get the 20% better fuel economy. With the modifications I have done we are averaging 48mpg. Highway mileage is better than that. Plus it's a cool car unlike any Prius or Camry hybrid POS. Ain't no Civic going to get 54mpg on the highway either.
Trucks it's a different story. I tow a lot and need the power and economy that goes along with it. There is no gasser that can tow 15K lbs. and still get 16mpg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:25 pm 

[quote='DVS1']Today, you have hit the nail on the head, Buggyman. But when I bought my Duramax, the price of diesel was a hair cheaper than gas. Now I'm paying $3.85 a gal. for diesel. Also with all the stuff i have done with my truck, I can smoke mustangs, camaros and most high performance cars. There is nothing like the look of someone face that just got beat by a big ass crewcab diesel![/quote] I agree DVS1 theres nothing like SMOKING a mustang or camaro in a ex.cab long bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:41 pm 

Its all supply and demand, there are twice as many diesel trucks on the road today than there were 10 years ago. The oil companys know people will pay almost any price for a gallon of diesel because the working world depends on it so much. Its all a really big mess and is on my top priority list of things to do when I get voted in for president. If an oil refinery can charge us $100 plus per barrel for oil, then we should charge them the same for a buchell of corn, or wheat, or any other export crop we grow. They'll pay it or starve or get so hungry the price of fuel will come back down to a reasonable price. O.K, off the sop box I go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:03 pm 
WB Contributor

4.19 a gallon!! Ouch! Western Pa prices. This Sucks!!Good thing buggy gets 30 miles per gallon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:31 pm 

Drive Around Using Water As Fuel And Laugh At Rising Gas Costs, While Reducing Emissions And Preventing Global Warming!

http://brightviridity.com/tt/l.php?58&5 ... id=H2O4STD

Generate Free Energy By Boosting The Efficiency Of Your Poorly Designed Engine!!!

http://brightviridity.com/tt/l.php?58&5 ... id=H2O4STD
BS or not i don`t know? i seen something like this on tv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:20 pm 

Thats awsome!!!! Cant wait to get involved in making this stuff to work in my car!

That's what I'm talking about!

High speed
Low drag
Teflon coated
And ready for action!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:46 pm 

I just paid $4.19 a gallon. I had a just under a half a tank and to fill it up was $75.00. This is starting to really hurt! Most people our oblivious to this. Their vehicals run on gas. People need to remember that disel fuel is the life blood of this country. Everything we have came by disel fuel, even gasoline. It doesn't matter if it was truck or train, its disel fuel that got it there. So my question to all of you is what is the breakin point? There has to a point that we just can't fuction anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 pm 
BOTM Winner

[quote='Ridge Runner']I just paid $4.19 a gallon. I had a just under a half a tank and to fill it up was $75.00. This is starting to really hurt! Most people our oblivious to this. Their vehicals run on gas. People need to remember that disel fuel is the life blood of this country. Everything we have came by disel fuel, even gasoline. It doesn't matter if it was truck or train, its disel fuel that got it there. So my question to all of you is what is the breakin point? There has to a point th

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:58 pm 
WB Contributor

This is my Tilly...She's not only functional with a 7.3 Powerstroke, but she's awful purty, too, and she has a cattle ball with a 5th wheel conversion hitch that fits over it in her bed, so she can pull just about anything I want her to....but she's wayyyyyy expensive to feed....

Thanks Mr Cheeze.........

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
Thomas Jefferson

Darlene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:52 pm 

I'll do you one better our gas prices are not as high in michigan ($3.43) but the staions are shutting the pumps off at $50.

[quote='Ridge Runner']I just paid $4.19 a gallon. I had a just under a half a tank and to fill it up was $75.00. This is starting to really hurt! Most people our oblivious to this. Their vehicals run on gas. People need to remember that disel fuel is the life blood of this country. Everything we have came by disel fuel, even gasoline. It doesn't matter if it was truck

(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:11 pm 

Its now $4.23 a gallon up the road from me. Fifty dollars wouldn't even tickle my tank. Someone else told me that they were started to cut you off at a certain amount, but I haven't ran into that yet. Where I work at we get a AAA report for a projection of coming gas prices, it look like we will almost see $5.00 a gallon for disel by Memorial Day. I hope something changes soon!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:38 pm 
BOTM Winner

nice truck. me and my wife both drive fords my f350 has a 7.4 and her h-d f250 has a 6.0 the price of fuel is killin us! she gets 14mpg and i get 19mpg we have been stayin home alot.have you noticed how in the summer when people are out doin more auto fuel is high and come winter when alot of people just stay home more house fuel go's up.thats fucked up!Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:56 pm 
WB Contributor

Beautiful trucks... 8) ..I LOVE a Ford truck.....Maybe not the most ladylike vehicle to choose from, but me down to the ground...... :lol:

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
Thomas Jefferson

Darlene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 pm 
WB Contributor

[quote='Ridge Runner']Its now $4.23 a gallon up the road from me. Fifty dollars wouldn't even tickle my tank. Someone else told me that they were started to cut you off at a certain amount, but I haven't ran into that yet. Where I work at we get a AAA report for a projection of coming gas prices, it look like we will almost see $5.00 a gallon for disel by Memorial Day. I hope something changes soon!!!!![/quote]
Its 4.39 down the road from your work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:54 am 

there were a couple newsclips dealing with fuel prices that i saw yesterday.

schools are going way over budget for fuel for busses

belmont county is parking half of their sherriffs dept. cruisers, and assigning two deputies to the ones still running

I love my country, But i fear my government

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:31 am 

I have a 3500 Dodge with a 12 valve Cummins I work for cummins so I have turned all the right screws to get the max out of it . Also has some aftermarket parts.Truck has over 350,000 miles on it .Change oil every 6,000 miles could go longer on oil change but oil is cheat compared to a engine.My truck stills get around 20 mph . It takes over $100.00 to fill it up. For anybody in there 40's or 50's i bet that you can rember when you had trouble filling up when it was 50 cents a gal. So lets all filler up and go riding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:42 pm 

I have a 05 Dodge Ram 3500 dully, if I got 20 miles to the gallon I would not complain as much. The best I get right now is around 12.5, no trailier just driving to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:52 pm 
WB Contributor

My 97 ram got 20+ mpg. The 04 ram there is no way, I cant get over 16 in the summer. So I figure it this way, Blow tons of black smoke in the face of any politicion you can find!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:30 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

my buddy has a square front dodge and i would say it gets 23 or 24 mpg if not better loaded or not

Jesus loves me, but everyone else thinks im an asshole.

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:29 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

common rail dont seem to get as good as mileage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:37 pm 

The P7100 pump (94-98 1/2) is hard to beat for mileage, power and durability the VE pump on the (square front Dodge) gets good mileage with limited power. My opinion mechanical injection cant be beat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:42 pm 
WB Contributor

[quote='vwtravis']The P7100 pump (94-98 1/2) is hard to beat for mileage, power and durability the VE pump on the (square front Dodge) gets good mileage with limited power. My opinion mechanical injection cant be beat.[/quote]
I agree with that pump choice, It cant be beat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:29 am 
BOTM Winner

Just got back from D&K, it is a very good riding place...but very muddy, but at least I had fun!! I pulled mine and pipedope's buggies in my black trailer with my 03 6.0L F-350 to Manchester and back. I averaged 14 MPG in a total of 455 miles, I don't think that is bad at all pulling close to 10klbs. I fueled my truck up and can get there and back on one tank full...I spent about $135 in fuel. The fuel price in KY is around $3.83/gal.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:23 pm 
WB Videographer and BOTM winner

Diesel at the truck stop by my house today was 4.45 a gallaon :evil:

Board index » General » Members Rides