It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:08 pm 

Dirty Turtle Grand Opening Weekend-April 10&11th
We are just over a week away from opening our gates to the public. We have been very busy getting everything ready and in place for all of you to enjoy!

Most of all, we love rail buggies and want Woodbuggy members and forum guests, to come and blaze some killer trails for you all to enjoy. Some real nice terrain and only and an hour from Lou and Cincy.

The trail system has come along nicely and offers a vast array of challenges for any type of rig or skill set. We have a very a detailed trail map for ease of access and use.

We appreciate all the words of encouragement and support and a special thank you for those who have given up weekends to come out and help us get the place ready for everyone.

From all of the e-mails and facebook posts, we are expecting a good turnout on opening weekend.

In order to enter the DTOR area, you will need to fill and complete our waiver. We will have these at checkin or to speed up your checkin process, you can visit DirtyTurtleOffroad.com and print your waiver off there.

All riders will need a trail pass to enter the trail system. This trail pass is a DTOR oval logo decal. This decal is good for the rest of the year and is only $5.00. Admission to DTOR is just $15.00 per rig and $5.00 per person for passengers over the age of 12.

We have some GREAT spots for primative camping. Camping is only $5.00 per person over the age of 12.

We will be open every weekend from 9:00am to 1/2 before dark. (Approx. 8:00pm est currently.)

We will be hosting several night rides in the coming weeks as well. We are also looking to expand to be open several more days throughout the week when the demand arises for this.

We will have black quality pre-shrunk cotton DTOR shirts for sale on opening day. The costs of these shirts will be $15.00. We will have M, L, XL, and 2XL.

We are anxious to see the looks on everyone's faces and get there responses once they see the trail system. We really tried hard to give everyone a challenge for sure!

Thank you all again for your support! It makes the Huge investment and all the hard work and time spent worthwhile for all of us at TEAM DTOR.

Hopefully we will see many of you next weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:43 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Lookin forward to it, Joe!! Sounds like its gonna b a good time! Should be about 4 buggies and a Jeep with us.
Anybody within a couple hrs of this place, please come out and give a little support if you can. Joe has fought hard for off roaders in the past and is a helluva nice guy!

Larry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 am 
Global moderator

http://www.dirtyturtleoffroad.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:43 am 

has anybody gone here to ride. was wondering how it was.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:20 pm 

Yea, Wes, Larry, Scott, Koko and some other went a few weeks back when they first opened but I never did ask him how it was. :roll: :oops: Larry will probably tell you when he sees this. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:20 pm 

I went to with Larry and them guys a few weeks back,but it was the first time out with my buggy and i did'nt get to stay long,but what time i did get to ride it was a cool place.For us railbuggy guys it had a lot of virgin hills that could turn into a good time with a little work.I will definatly be back soon and thanks to all of you at DTOR for all your hard work.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:46 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Yep, went there on the grand opening day with gustograber, stroker2332 , Buckmaster and Koko drove my ol' man and my younger boy around in his Jeep all day. Very nice park. Owner is super cool, prices are very reasonable. Plenty of grassy parking/camping (no elec hookups yet) and camping back in the woods if you want to. Got a kickass MX track and a MX track for little kids. Not real extreme as far as buggy hillclimbs, but a good place to cruise around and play a little bit. There's a couple hills already made that could be challenging for newer riders or milder buggies and a couple steeper ridges that have some potential to cut a good hill, but didnt really take time to cut anything, wanted to see more of the place since it was our first time there.

Definitely worth going back. Gonna try to get together a poker run there sometime this summer with Southern Buggies and park owner Joe sponsoring some prizes. I'm thinkin June 5th, 3 wks after Choccolocco Hillclimb and 3 wks before Wheelers.
I'll post it soon as I know more.

Board index » General » Places to ride