It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm 

The new offroad area will be located in Trimble County, KY and will be called Dirty Turtle Offroad. The property is formerly known as Buck's Run MX Park. The members of this new offroad area are not part of any club or previous parks.

The trail system is being developed as we speak to accomodate 4x4's and anything offroad. As many of you know Buck's Run MX Park was only open to Motocross and ATV's. The property boasts some really amazing rock creeks and climbs along with very steep climbs in areas but will also accomodate new riders and stock rigs.

The grand opening will be April 10th. Our website will be up within two weeks as our time right now is being spent blazing trails and creating several trails that some rigs may never succeed at.

The best place to wheel in the state of KY is of course Black Mountain! DTOR is being created to offer locals a great place to wheel close to home when heading to Eastern KY is not an option!

We know that Trimble County doesn't have any zoning and the MX park was ATV trails were pretty nice.

While there will be a few mud holes for people that enjoy that, the focus will be having a full day of riding without overlapping any trails.

Dirty Turtle is made up of several friends who wanted a place to wheel their rigs. We welcome anyone who is looking for a place to ride. The more the merrier.

The info was from a forum trying to get the word out. The old park was just over 270 acres.
I emailed about buggys but have not got anything back yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:23 pm 

Harlen is probably the best place to wheel a truck or 4x4,but when it comes to buggys it just has not had enough buggy riders coming in every weekend to cut out new trails and hills,plus they are starting to crack down on guys for cutting new hills,not just buggys but 4x4's too.Harlen is a beautiful place to ride if it was'nt 6hrs. away from me,how far is this new park from D&K?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:52 pm 

I received a notice from them the other day here is what they say. NO BUGGIES OR TANKS. They can KISS MY GRITS.

Dirty Turtle Offroad Area

Bedford, KY

DirtyTurtleOffroad.com

Grand Opening Sat. April 10, 2010

Trails open from 9:00am-6:00pm

$15.00 per ORV/ATV

$5.00 per passenger over 12 yrs.

Must have TRAIL PASS $5.00 for one year

(Pass is a Park Decal)

2010 will be a great year for local off road enthusiasts. Over the last few years great off road riding areas have been closed. Livingston, KY OutBack Adventure Park, Most of Slade, Buck’s Run MX Park, and Hills and Hollers were all great riding places and each had something different to offer. We have wheeled throughout the US and must say the best place to Offroad is right here in Good Ole Kentucky. With the help of some fellow friends, it was decided it was time that folks within 1.5 hours of Lexington, Louisville, and Cincinnati have a great place to enjoy their off road toys.

Dirty Turtle OffRoad (DTOR) trail system accommodates full size vehicles and anything 4x4. The trail system offers a full day of riding regardless of your experience. We have trails for those in stock vehicles and for those who have just starting riding or driving their ORV’s. Trail system also has trails that will test the rig of rigs. Some no one will accomplish….. J

Park currently has riding open for 4x4’s, ATV’s, MX Bikes, 6X6’s, and side by sides. Park does not allow rail buggies or tanks.

DTOR is located on what used to be Buck’s Run MX park. DTOR will have 270 acres of prime offroading and trail enjoyment. Once the trail system is completed, DTOR will focus its efforts to repair the existing MX tracks.

From January until the grand opening April 10th, DTOR will be laying out the trail system. DTOR will be reaching out to various clubs to come in and help and exchange for various incentives plus be some of the first to be part of the preview party!!!

Our commitment is to make Dirty Turtle Offroad the perfect getaway for all of you.

We look forward to wheeling with you this year!

HAPPY NEW TRAILS 2010

TEAM DTOR

Our exact address is 93 Bucks Run Road, Bedford, Ky 40006. We are 45 minutes from Louisville, 1 hour from Cincinnati and 2.5 hours from Indianapolis. From I-71, take Campbellsburg/Bedford exit #34. Coming from Ohio, take right off ramp. Coming from Louisville, take left. Stay on US 421 into Bedford. Turn right at traffic light on to US 42. As you come to "Y" (at Marathon station), veer right. Follow US 42 approximately 4.2 miles out of Bedford. Turn left on Bells Ridge Road (Hwy 3176). Drive about 2.2 miles and turn left at our sign onto Bucks Run Road. Stop at the small log cabin to sign in.

--
TEAM DTOR
DirtTurtleOffroad.com
Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages
ASCII (ASCII)Greek (ISO-8859-7)Greek (Windows-1253)Latin-10 (ISO-8859-16)Latin-3 (ISO-8859-3)Latin-6 (ISO-8859-10)Latin-7 (ISO-8859-13)Latin-8 (ISO-8859-14)Latin-9 (ISO-8859-15)W. European (850)W. European (CP858)W. European (HPROMAN8)W. European (MACROMAN8)W. European (Windows-1252)Armenia (ARMSCII-8)Baltic Rim (ISO-8859-4)Baltic Rim (WINDOWS-1257)Cyrillic (866)Cyrillic (ISO-8859-5)Cyrillic (KOI8-R)Cyrillic (KOI8-RU)Cyrillic (KOI8-T)Cyrillic (KOI8-U)Cyrillic (WINDOWS-1251)Latin-2 (852)Latin-2 (ISO-8859-2)Latin-2 (WINDOWS-1250)Turkish (ISO-8859-9)Turkish (WINDOWS-1254)Arabic (ISO-8859-6, ASMO-708)Arabic (WINDOWS-1256)Hebrew (856)Hebrew (862)Hebrew (WINDOWS-1255)Chinese Simplified (GB-2312-80)Chinese Simplified (GB18030)Chinese Simplified (HZ-GB-2312)Chinese Simplified (ISO-2022-CN)Chinese Simplified (WINDOWS-936)Chinese Trad.-Hong Kong (BIG5-HKSCS)Chinese Traditional (BIG5)Chinese Traditional (EUC-TW)Japanese (SHIFT_JIS)Japanese (EUC-JP)Japanese (ISO-2022-JP)Korean (ISO-2022-KR)Korean (EUC-KR)Thai (TIS-620-2533)Thai (WINDOWS-874)Vietnamese (TCVN-5712)Vietnamese (VISCII)Vietnamese (WINDOWS-1258)Unicode (UTF-7)Unicode (UTF-8)Unicode (UTF-16)Unicode (UTF-32)
| Full Headers
Reply Reply All Forward Forward

Mail Search
WelcomeInboxNewFoldersMail Options

Copyright © 1994-2010 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Guidelines
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy - About Our Ads.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:03 pm 

railridernky wrote:
I received a notice from them the other day here is what they say. NO BUGGIES OR TANKS. They can KISS MY BUTT.

That SUCKS :evil: , i dont see what it matters what we drive. we all are there to have fun doing a sport we all love and injoy doing !!

:arrow: THEY CAN KISS MY BUTT ALSO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 pm 

bluebuggy wrote:
railridernky wrote:
I received a notice from them the other day here is what they say. NO BUGGIES OR TANKS. They can KISS MY BUTT.

That SUCKS :evil: , i dont see what it matters what we drive. we all are there to have fun doing a sport we all love and injoy doing !!

:arrow: THEY CAN KISS MY BUTT ALSO

For real!!! I don't understand why they think buggys are so destructive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:20 pm 

They must think that trucks running through creeks leaking oil,fuel and gas is better than a buggy climging a hill that nobody will ever step foot on.Im going to build a 4x4 and im going to do nothing but climb untouched hills with it at every place that dont allow buggy's,just like this dirty terd place.Im going to build it to handle one hell of a roll to so i can attempt a buggy hill unless Mark will let me borrow his 4x4 :D ,now that would be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:59 pm 

I GOT EMAILED BACK BUGGYS ARE OK :D :D

"Dirty Turtle Offroad WILL ABSOLUTELY ALLOW RAIL BUGGIES! ANYTHING offroad is welcome. It appears the flyer was hi-jacked. We personally love rail buggies and they are great for developing great trails. Tell all your fellow rail buggie's come come out and see what we have to offer."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 pm 

bluebuggy wrote:
I GOT EMAILED BACK BUGGYS ARE OK :D :D

"Dirty Turtle Offroad WILL ABSOLUTELY ALLOW RAIL BUGGIES! ANYTHING offroad is welcome. It appears the flyer was hi-jacked. We personally love rail buggies and they are great for developing great trails. Tell all your fellow rail buggie's come come out and see what we have to offer."

Well now that's just weird. Why would somebody do that!! Good to hear. I guess I have to take what I said back. :D So is all the other information right on the flyer I received?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:47 pm 

Well good,i dont have to build a 4x4 now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:49 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Am i looking at the right place? North of 71 on 421? If so its only 4 hours and 200 miles from me, not terrible. Sounds small though, let us know what you think local guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:02 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

nitro_mudder wrote:
Am i looking at the right place? North of 71 on 421? If so its only 4 hours and 200 miles from me, not terrible. Sounds small though, let us know what you think local guys.

Yep, that sounds about right. Lookin forward to checkin it out. Its only about 50 minutes from me!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

cant seem to find the website or do they have one yet?

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:58 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I dont think they do yet. The first post here was (I think) a copy and pasted email and it said they should have one soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:32 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

bluebuggy wrote:
The new offroad area will be located in Trimble County, KY and will be called Dirty Turtle Offroad. The property is formerly known as Buck's Run MX Park.

The old park was just over 270 acres.
I emailed about buggys but have not got anything back yet.
is this correct,only 270 acres?this doesnt sound like a very big place.chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:06 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Chad I was thinking the exact same thing. Thats why I'm waiting for Larry to scout it out for me. Thanks Larry :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:17 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

270 acres less than an hour away dont sound all that bad to me, Koko or Yankee :wink: .
Be a good day ride spot maybe. Get some seat time between D&k rides and competition weekends! :wink:
If it turns out to be a place that wont care if we cut hills, and If they even got any hills. Could be wrong terrain for us like the last little place in the area was, wont know til April I reckon.

I might have to call 'em and see if we can just scout it out a little before then, without a real "ride" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:08 am 

[quote="kybuggy1"]270 acres less than an hour away dont sound all that bad to me, Koko or Yankee :wink: .
Be a good day ride spot maybe.

"day ride spot" Larry you got that right it closes at 6pm lol

Board index » General » Places to ride