It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:49 pm

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BRIMSTONE
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:16 am 

i was wondering if anyone has ever been there? there web site makes it sound like it wood be a good place to ride but no one has ever said anything about it. it does say railbuggys welcome. http://www.brimstonerecreation.com/index.php

Post subject: Re: BRIMSTONE
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:24 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

looks like a cool place and with over 19000 acres you should be able to have some fun.when i first went to the site it said alaskan adventures i thought well no need to read this but then checked it out and seen it was in tenn.thats alot closer to home.lol.i have rode with a guy they call dog fom ky but thought his real name was ed haney,is this you and ive been thinking your name was something else.lol.ever been riding in wv.chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:40 pm 
WB Videographer

Does the Ed you know camp in a converted school bus?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wGMaUMXUQ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:06 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Maddog wrote:
Does the Ed you know camp in a converted school bus?

i dont know he came up driving a truck and his buggy trailer was made out of alum.i thought he was khaneys brother but i have been wrong before.lol.just dont want to be bragging on the wrong guy.he's got a plain black buggy that is one helluva sleeper buggy.wicked little machine.heres a few vids of him climbing and the vid does no justice for what this hill is.chad :mrgreen: ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:04 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

gasman wrote:
looks like a cool place and with over 19000 acres you should be able to have some fun.when i first went to the site it said alaskan adventures i thought well no need to read this but then checked it out and seen it was in tenn.thats alot closer to home.lol.i have rode with a guy they call dog fom ky but thought his real name was ed haney,is this you and ive been thinking your name was something else.lol.ever been riding in wv.chad :mrgreen:

gustograber (Kenny) is founding member of the D.O.G.s club , Stands for Drunk Old Guys. LOL :mrgreen: They got stickers on their buggies and everything :lol: :lol: Funniest bunch of dudes in the woods!!LOL Ride with them , you might not see a whole bunch of the park, but you will have a helluva good time n yer face will hurt from laughing all day! Got me started into buggies pretty much.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:27 am 

kybuggy1 wrote:
gasman wrote:
not me, but i think i no ed. is he the one that his wife builds all his motors?
gustograber (Kenny) is founding member of the D.O.G.s club , Stands for Drunk Old Guys. LOL :mrgreen: They got stickers on their buggies and everything :lol: :lol: Funniest bunch of dudes in the woods!!LOL Ride with them , you might not see a whole bunch of the park, but you will have a helluva good time n yer face will hurt from laughing all day! Got me started into buggies pretty much.
thanks larry. ive been working on a way to mount a bigger cooler with a jamen cd player and lawn chair built in :twisted: i dont guess anyone has been to brimstone and i dont understand why, its not far from the ky. & tenn. line got cabins , rv hook ups and camping with showers. there must be something bad about this place, i`ll have to give it a try and find out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:41 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

check it out and let us know,i would not mind a road trip to ride with a group of D.O.G's.thats a cool group name right there.maybe get a big ride setup if its a good place.chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:54 am 
WB Videographer

gustograber wrote:
kybuggy1 wrote:
gasman wrote:
That's the Ed I know, fun bunch to ride with, rode with him and his whole family at harland.
thanks larry. ive been working on a way to mount a bigger cooler with a jamen cd player and lawn chair built in :twisted: i dont guess anyone has been to brimstone and i dont understand why, its not far from the ky. & tenn. line got cabins , rv hook ups and camping with showers. there must be something bad about this place, i`ll have to give it a try and find out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wGMaUMXUQ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:58 pm 

Brimstone is a pretty good place to ride,lots of trails, some are extreme especially in wet weather.The main trail # 1 is VERY muddy and rutted !!!! as logging trucks use parts of it. Directions are: from I-75 south take Huntsville -Oneida exit @ end of ramp turn Right ( Hwy 63 ) go about 16 miles to Huntsville. Brimstone office is on left, Permits are $15.00 a day per person, The town of Huntsviile is very small, take what you need with you.Oneida is about 18 miles away and has a few parts stores and resturants.A good motel about 11 miles away, Grand Vista 1-888-854-6300 about $80.00 a night with breakast.Sorry can't help much with info on camping,we have a camper set up on private property in the area. All in all its worth trying out 1 time anyway, it is BUGGY FRENDILY !!
Lady bug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 am 

Brimstone Recreation is a great family oriented place to ride, it is more or less my back yard. There is a lot of riding to do, but not alot of big drinking or big parties goes on. As far as i know all types of vehicles are permitted, but one of the partners is part owner in the local yamaha shop "Thompsons yamaha", and the other owns the honda shop in laffollet tennessee, "Love Motorsports", so it is very 4 wheeler oriented. they have two main events the "white knuckle" for memorial day and the "side by side roundup for labor day". Last year for the "White knuckle" only 4-wheelers or side-by-sides were allowed up the main trail, buggyies and 4x4 had to come in the back way, they have mud bogs and sled pulls and several events, but buggies aren't allowed to enter, we have asked several times but not allowed yet anyways, yamaha or the "side-by-side" group hosts these events so 4 wheelers and side-by-sides are the main event, and they had a concert with darrel singltary. I have not personaly had this experience, but the salesman were i bought my side-by-side in athens, tennessee said he asked them about cutting a few things out of the road if his intenatinal scout was to wide, and they told him no, so he never gave it a try. Having said all that, they are "buggy" and "4x4" friendly, a few of us around here ride buggies alot and several guys have 4x4's, lady-bug and her group come up and ride a couple times a year with some of the guys from the county, and they did alow buggies up the main trail for the labor day event, but again we werent allowed to enter, so what buggies they are usually take 4 wheelers or just go riding instead. They still have 19,000 acres i think, but that is half of what they used to have, and the part they lost was where we did most of our buggy riding and were what few hills we had were, to get on that land you need a tennessee hunting and fishing license and a small game stamp i believe, the fine is pretty hevty if you get cought without it, and we figure they will take our buggies away if TWRA catches us climbing :mrgreen: . Not trying to give a good or bad report just a honest one, it is a great place to ride it's about the only place i ride, i've been to D&K one time, and we do have some private land around. They said last fall they were goning to cut out some new trails just for 4X4's and buggies and maybe let us make some hills, but no word yet. any how just my 2 cents.

John 3:16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:02 am 

thanks cambo. sounds like there not ready for the buggy world and the great people that go along with it, o well there loss. may still try a overnighter this spring.

Board index » General » Places to ride