It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:44 am

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Summertown is opening
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:33 pm 
Global moderator

One of our favorites is re-opening soon...lets help them celebrate with a big Woodsbuggy.com crowd...

http://www.wheelininthecountry.com/boar ... 24.new#new

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:11 pm 
BOTM Winner

:D Whoo Hoo !!! New place to ride. I wanna go . Let us know when. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:45 pm 
Global moderator

Well,,,,do you like big crowds..New Years is a huge event there,,,But that is a ways off,,,just keep it in mind. I would like to go soon,,, HOw about the first weekend of October? ,,,,,any suggestions? I live about an hour and a half so I can just about make anytime as long as there isn't another event scheduled. Look at the website it has a calender. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:41 pm 
WB Videographer

they usually have a big haloween ride there,lots of buggies there,ive been going there since they have been open and all ive heard out of them guys is thebuggies are messin everything up,we dig holes and rut all the hills out,and a rumor was going around he was talking about not leting buggies in there but this was last year havent been since last haloween,CURT by the way u would not like that place not big enough hills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:57 pm 
Global moderator

This is directly from their site, I got the invite personally. Curt,,,you will find a hill or two to make the crowds cheer

We sincerely hope you enjoy your visit and plan to come back soon!

-Before you come and visit us, print out our Liability Release Form, read it, sign it, and bring it with you!

-Want to stay all weekend? Need a place to stay? Check out our Lodging Options!

So bring your Atv's, buggies, dirt bikes, trucks, jeeps and hybrids! (Sorry no 3 wheelers allowed)

Helmets required on all atv and dirt bike riders!!

you can find this message by going back to the first post on this topic,,,go to the site,, then click on the heading

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:01 pm 

we all always go the end of oct .. i think the dates are fri 31 thru sun 2 we went last year and i think that is when firebug rolled his buggy ... wow it has been a year already time flyes when u are haveing fun.... their will be about 10 or so buggys go with us and we have a blast....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:28 pm 
Global moderator

I just got off the phone with Carrie of Wheelininthecountry. She was telling me about how they have had to close a few of the hills down. 7 hills at Pigpen is closed as well as a few others. The rules have changed some and probably are a little stricter. These folks have always tried hard to give us our moneys worth everytime we rode there. I for one will go back,,,maybe halloween if not sooner. I love a good challenging trail and this place is eat up with them. As far as hills it aint no D&K but I can't make it up most of them anyway. This park has done as much for buggys around here as any I can think of and they have had a long dry spell. I encourage everyone that can to plan up a ride there to help them get back on track. They will be closed the weekend of the Wilborns hill climb and I invited them to come down and ride with us then. I've always said that all places are worth at least one ride and Summertown is no exception. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:59 pm 
WB Videographer

its not but like 900 plus acres u can ride it in 2 hrs,the pigpen is where u turned over firebug,wasnt it? i would probaly go halloween its not but 1.1/2 hrs for me,o yea ask bobby about gettin kicked out of that place,he was going down a trail the wrong,go figure,they have oneway trails in the woods

Board index » General » Places to ride