It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:35 am

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: black mountain KY
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:25 pm 

i recently worked in Ages KY and found a place in Evart Ky called black mountain. the postmaster introduced me to the mayor (??) and he gave me a map of the park and a brochure. there is 40,000 acres of free riding, and guides that will take you out. bikes,quads buggys, rock crawlers,everything can go.there are camp areas and cabins to rent. some of you may know this place, but i havent seen it listed. if anyone does know can you give me some feed back. (is it worth it, or does it suck)

Post subject: Re: black mountain KY
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:14 pm 
WB Videographer and BOTM winner

I have rode 4-wheelers there several times but never a buggy so I can't give any opinion about buggies.

One thing I can say that the people of Evarts are super nice and the bend over backwards to make everyone feel welcome.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:12 pm 

I've been there in a Jeep and it was awsome,but as for a buggy unless you know of someone that has ridden there quite a bit,it would be a very rough ride because of the rocks.I only saw a small handful of buggys there,not saying that it would'nt be a great place for a buggy,i just did'nt see a whole lot of good trails or hills for a buggy,but you could always do like we do anywhere,cut your own trails out.But id have to say that it was one of the coolest places i ever ridden and highly recommend going there,great people and great food,just watch the law late at night at the entrance of the park,especially if you have been drinking.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:23 pm 
BOTM Winner

My family and I rode in black mountain (some people refer to it as harlan) about two years ago and we had a blast. My whole family went; my mom, dad, younger brother, Grandma and grandpa (They have a 1979 cj-7 lifted with 35's), and my aunt and uncle. It was a great time, Beacause my grandma was born and raised in the town of evarts so she went and saw her old elementary school and places where her and her friends used to hang out and things. We took our cherokee and had a blast. My dad and I, and the group we usually ride with, also took the buggies there to ride once, and it was fun and all, but there aren't very extreme trails there so we had a little more fun in the jeeps, just because it was more challenging. But it really is a great place to ride and do some awesome sight-seeing. :D

-Dakotah

-Dakotah/koko
keep on keepin' on!!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:08 pm 

Great place to ride ! Been there couple times a yearago. Some really diff trails! Nice clean houses to rent with very nice people --- buy their gas and eats and ride for free!

That's what I'm talking about!

High speed
Low drag
Teflon coated
And ready for action!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:57 pm 
WB Videographer

hey guys were goin to try to ride up there the 4th we could all meet up give me a hollar!!! :o

Board index » General » Places to ride