It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oak tree / wellsville
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:18 pm 

Due to our campers getting broken into repeatedly, we are probably going to move to oaktree this year. I have heard alot of rumors that it is real hard to get into camp from the road when it is raining. What is the deal, is this true? anyother problems with that campground? Is there an easy way back in that campground from the off-roading area. My concern is towing or being towed back to camp. I know about the path to oaktree from the creek bed, but are there any other ways in or out of there. We were at yellow creek, and if you broke it was never very hard to tow someone back unless you were in the creek bed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:39 pm 
Master fabricator

Sucks to hear about you getting broken into, local punks I'll bet.
I would say that getting into the back upper section of OakTree would be real tuff in the rain, ask DVS1 that's where his camp is at. As far as the lower road, it should be passable.
I've towed more than my share of buggys up to Oak Tree from the creek, no big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:56 pm 
BOTM Winner

dont think oaktree is any better when it comes to being broken in to. i think dvs had problems there last year. he was looking at site's at yellowcreek till he saw the ridiculous price's. not sure which is the lesser of the two evil's.

**********"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:47 am 

we have only had one thing taken, a grill, that barley worked anyways. The road is not to bad but if it is real muddy a 4x4 is nesscary, or unload and we amde a 2wd up into the back of the campsite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

We are camped at the very top of the hill, there is an easy way to the top but a little longer drive. Last year someone stole the lid off of the top of the grill but never touched the camper. Like Plumberbill said, we were looking at Yellowcreek but the price was just outrageous, and also we have 2 crewcab duallys and 1 crewcab shortbed with 2 two car trailers and 1 big gooseneck, so we NEED big parking. ForbiddenZone is even cheaper BUT the drive up into there takes forever. I actually save 45 minutes drive, 1:30 min total just by going to Oaktree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:40 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

[quote='DVS1']We are camped at the very top of the hill, there is an easy way to the top but a little longer drive. Last year someone stole the lid off of the top of the grill but never touched the camper. Like Plumberbill said, we were looking at Yellowcreek but the price was just outrageous, and also we have 2 crewcab duallys and 1 crewcab shortbed with 2 two car trailers and 1 big gooseneck, so we NEED big parking. ForbiddenZone is even cheaper BUT the drive up into there takes forever. I ac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:18 am 

a friend of mine fred, who has a camper there somewhere, was broke into last year and they took everything, even the plactic forks, paper plates,etc. does anyone know him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Don't know hid but I know a guy that had his dirty underwear and socks stolen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:11 pm 

I had my old camper broken into once. They took a flashlight, candles, and some plastic silverware. They left and aluminum wheel, other parts, beer and a bottle of southern comfort.
Aparently the must be a high demand for plastic silverware on the black market. I think I'm gonna tape the help wanted ads to the front door that way the punks won't go anywhere near my camper. "Oh Sh*T! A Job! Run!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:26 pm 
WB Contributor

Thats funny wreckiin cars. Guess that could be a new deterent for several things if you think about it. Must have been hungry and need utensils. They couldn't eat the wheel so thats why they left it. Were honest enough to know that they are to young to drink legally and left the beer and Comfort alone.

The Wild Kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:37 pm 

OAK TREE SUCKS IT IS A RIP OFF $10.00 A PERSON PERNIGHT.
THAT SUCKS. COME TO THE PLACE OVER THE TREACKS IT IS FREE. THAT IS WHERE I CAMP AND I NEVER HAD ANEY PROBLEMS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:19 pm 

Ya well its nice to be able to go back to a camper w/o problems when you get back to your camp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:55 pm 
WB Contributor

i like the guy at oaktree. plus he is there to watch the trucks etc during the day we don't have a camper there yet. plus i don't mind the 10.00 i think thats plenty fair. but each his own.

"Lets go get stupid"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:01 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

my buddies got a double lot at the top of the hill this year and i think i amgoing to buy apass onto it i believe it is 125 bucks for the year.... really not that bad. everyone seems pretty friendly around us too..

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:26 am 

Hey we moved up to Oaktree and out campers have been broken into about three times up there. Has anybody else had this problem? Does anyone know who it is so we can lynch em? Some of the guys have been thinking up some midevil security systems. Ya know, blow torch and a pair of pliers type sh*t

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

wreckincars wrote:
Hey we moved up to Oaktree and out campers have been broken into about three times up there. Has anybody else had this problem? Does anyone know who it is so we can lynch em? Some of the guys have been thinking up some midevil security systems. Ya know, blow torch and a pair of pliers type sh*t

DO IT!!!!! And let me know how it works. We got broken into once last year, but didn't have anything to steal.

Board index » General » Places to ride