It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 am

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Turkey Bay
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:40 pm 

I plan on being at Turkey Bay this weekend. My crew plans on meeting there around 10 am Satuday morning. I beleive earlytimz and the metroplis boys will be there also. Is anyone else from the site going to be there? I will be parked at the first parking area on the left off the main road.

Woody

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:33 pm 

Hey Woody...
We ain't gonna make it this time. I'm still fighting a pinched psychotic(sciatic) nerve so it's out of the question for me right now. We're gonna try to make it over sometime soon, but not that soon... lol. Y'all have fun!

-Steve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:15 pm 

Well Friday morning loaded buggy up went to my campground. I thought I would play around for a while. Me and my youngest son was cruising around when I heard a pop. There went my transmission. First time I ever broke on just riding around. So I loaded it up went home and picked up our 4 wheelers and just rode around the campground. I heard the were over 20 buggies at Turkey. Wish I could of been there. I have 1 more 3 rib. I will get it changed this week sometime.

Woody

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:33 am 

That sucks man! At least nobody was hurt.
These buggies are a never ending project. I've been working on mine a little since I can't ride. Most people probably won't recognize it when they see it again. That's what happens when you can't ride and have to much free time...
Later
-Steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:32 pm 

I got my tranny tore down. It sheared the pinion gear without warning. I had another 3 rib witout 1st gear, so I hope to take 2 and make 1 good one.

Woody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:44 pm 
WB Contributor

me and the wife went to Turkey Bay last weekend on 4 wheelers due to the fact the new buggy isnt finished we had a blast until she wrecked and broke her leg .
when i get finished with the buggy we will have to hook up and ride

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:22 am 

Your wife broke her leg???

Did you just take her back to the truck and keep riding? You know, hate to waste a good day in the hospital... :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:45 pm 
WB Contributor

i carried her to the main trail and called a ranger to come get her and then I went ridin !!! I sure hope he found her!!
Actually 2 days and 2 hospitals later I made it home then My mom came down to ck on my wife and crashed her car and broke the same leg my wife broke and also broke her wrist so buggy build is on the back burner for the moment
still tring to figure a way to get her to the hill climb at wilborns in a wheel chair LOLO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:43 pm 

Sounds like you have my luck. I was loaded to go to Turkey Sunday, But when I came home from church to get my buggy the storm had taken the roof(trustees and all) on the back 24 ft. of my shop. I am also without power(for the 3rd day). I got a tree on my powerline. I have got a leaking roof with shingles off. I have been running a generator to keep my freezer and fridge going. It uses 2 gallon of fuel every 2 hours. So my buggy build which was coming good is on a hault until my repairs at home are complete.

Woody

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:07 am 

Day-umm!!
Remind me not to stand near either one of yall during a lightning storm!
I hope yall's luck changes for the better really soon. Let me know if there's anything I can do...

Board index » General » Places to ride