It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leeds Alabama is out!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:49 pm 
WB Contributor

Last nite I replied to a post, just buy a house next to the woods and be done with traveling. 10 hours later I woke up and drove into the woods at the abandoned green house and 2 dudes were loading up their side by side. I slid up and said are yall coming in or going out? They said they work for USX and they were sent out to make a report with pics. One said, I know it's just you and your dog but riding out here is over. I said are you a hunter? He said no, I am USX.(That was his words). We have observed many climbs at long jump with a prepared fire at the top with hundreds of beer cans. All of that is erosion and the cans will wash into the Cahaba eventually. He said the Fire Barrel area has dug out holes and he knows the hunters had permission to be there but did not have permission to bring Bobcats. The railroad has reported gravel disturbances from 4 wheelers crossing and we have made pics at Baja and niga bridge. He said all of the erosion pisses off the river society but the most mad is the hi way dept where someone has made roads off the hi way. I'm guessing Bruce Po's bunch coming in from Grand River. He said many many years in the past the game and fish wardens patrolled this area and there were no trespassers. The Forestry Dept, Hi way dept, Cahaba River Society, Norfolk Southern Railway, USX (US STEEL) who owns this 90k acres and Alabama Fish and Game have sent me out here to put together a report and when I turn it in , the game wardens will be instructed to impound vehicles and put all individuals in jail. We have tried to be nice and a girl got drowned in a Jeep accident and the trial is still pending. To prevent future lidigations, railroad crossings, errotion, trash we will put barriers out here that have not yet been seen before and a full time game warden.(My words) Don't bother crying to USX. They are head quartered in Pennsylvania. Some fat old man makes a stroke of a pen and it is law here. And that is that. Same when they clear cut Fultondale 10 years ago for lumber. Got to remember when great amounts of iron ore and coal was discovered here in the 1860's they invested and financed and built this city.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:24 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Don't saprise me to many idiots to much traffic and to much empty beer cans all over the place only a matter of time

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:07 am 

Well that just sucks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:37 am 
WB Contributor

Anybody up for Fultondale this Sat? Flipindale is the ONLY place that has NEVER had an issue. Early morning so we can have a full day. The weather forecast looks good.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:45 am 

I wish I could but my motor has a knocking in it I gotta take it to smokeys and get it rebuilt. I think a lot of guys are going to Rush this weekend

Board index » General » Places to ride