It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:20 pm

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:40 am 

I live in central Ky and new to buggy and would like to find something close.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:16 am 
WB Contributor

move o Fultondale Alabama. best kept secret and no one rides there because they do not charge $45 to get your family in for 1 day.If I am wrong , does anyone want to straighten me up?Old shut down 10k acres of violent coal mining usx land owened by some clowns in Pennsylvannia that does not know or care what we do. hills free to man .uh!!! Ask Ron the bad one or Kevin the Revin Fondren about it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:12 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Check out http://www.GoOHV.com There are several places in KY to ride but I do not know how central they are.

You can either select the state or click on the Map

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:25 pm 
WB Contributor

dirty turtle off I 71.....harlan county,black mountain and bridge to nowhere off corbin exit on I75 not reallt central but theyre not too far...we hit them and were in cincinnati oh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:19 am 

I right down the road down in Glasgow, nice to see someone local 8) Theres several places around here to ride. We mainly go to Fanchers in hart county or mud camp in monroe county. But we venture to black mountain (harlan) and Brimstone (huntsville tn) every once in awhile. Gimme a shout whenever you've wanting to ride and we'll hook up

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:15 am 

There is a small park in bowling green. Rock bouncers put on a show there last summer. Can get name from my dad he lives there and attended the show.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:55 pm 

Wrongway where at in B-green.

Snail rail sounds good let me know I would like to go some where trail ride. Don't know much about hill climbing. :?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:22 pm 
WB Competitor

turkey bay at land between the lakes. its rite on the lake. about 2000 acres mild to wild trails and hills. if you go there once you will want to go back.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:19 pm 
WB Contributor

braves4ever98 wrote:
Wrongway where at in B-green.

Snail rail sounds good let me know I would like to go some where trail ride. Don't know much about hill climbing. :?

hillclimbings esay...peg it at 9000 and hold on....trail riding on the other hand is a little more challenging. once you get past the hold ons-coolers empty,need a beer,gotta pee ,etc, then you have to watch out for trees jumpin out in front of you,mudholes you have to snorkel back to camp from and people like diamond dave in the woods!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 am 

like I said just let me know when you're wanting to do some riding and give me a shout. I've been wanting to go the past few weekends but haven't been able to convince any of my buddies to go yet. Guess its still too cold for them... :roll: The place in hart county I mentioned is right on green river & little barren river and theres lots of nice wide flat trails if that's what you like, and theres several pretty decent hills also if that's your flavor :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:41 am 

I'll get the name for you. They are adding more land this year. I believe its on richardsville rd. I will find out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:45 am 

There are 2 places to ride near Bowling Green and they're both out on Barren River Rd. The 1st one you come to is called B&J's offroad park. They say it has gotten better, but I haven't been there in years. I only went one time, if that tells you anything. Your experience may differ.
The next place is called the Wishbone Ranch. It's a small park geared more towards rock crawling. A few of the hills are pretty knarly but the whole area is full of rocks. Not really buggy riding stuff, IMO... I personally like it, but I got rid of my buggy a couple years ago and been wheeling a samurai ever-since.

Hart county is where you need to be if you want close to Campbellsville (my hometown, btw) 8)
I'd like to know more about that place in Monroe county....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:25 am 

the place in monroe county you're referring to has gotta be mud camp. Some pretty good riding there but no where to park unless you know someone that has bordering land that'll let you park there. And just so happens I do 8) Matter of fact we're loading up and goin to hart county this saturday down at fanchers. Yall outta load up and come on

Board index » General » Places to ride