It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:05 pm

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 pm 

I think I'm very close to getting the buggy reliable, and tuned, enough to take it for a day trip. Haspin and Dirty Turtle are both about 2 hours away from Dayton Oh. What would be your preference, if you've been? I don't want to travel too far just to have issues and drive back. Hopefully I can squeeze a ride in before it gets crazy cold. Monday next week looks like 60 degrees. Crazy weather for December around here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 pm 
WB Contributor

The Cinci boys seem to like DTOR, I have never been to either. Get out there and ride :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:08 pm 

Red Barron wrote:
Get out there and ride :mrgreen:

x2 LET IT EAT.. and get plenty of vids

Save a tree... eat a Beaver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 am 
WB Contributor

dtor is cool and has alot of good big nasty hills on about 400 acres port o lets and not sure about food on site....haspin has a long main trail,some good hills,lots of woods trails,a dirt dragstrip,2 moto x tracks a bath house with showers and shitters,snack bar and on 700-900 acres...for test n tune i would go haspin,,,for hardcore beatin go dtor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:39 am 

x2......And if your camping go to haspin. no camping at the turtle right now or i would be there this weekend 65% :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:32 am 

I heard that big D. I'm gonna ride somewere this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:03 am 

For a shake down i would think haspin would be better what ever you decide better take advantage of the nice weather 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:07 am 

wrongwayray wrote:
I heard that big D. I'm gonna ride somewere this weekend.

Ray, IM heading to haspin saturday afternoon in my rzr if you come over i will keep an eye out for you

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:47 pm 
WB Contributor

go to haspin for your test ride for sure, dirty turtle when you know you've got it rite!dirty turtle no longer has night riding, shut down at 5pm now :shock: we were there a couple weekends ago and they shut us down at 6! and no camping till next spring :evil: ------ rick why the razor? bring the buggy man, me and ray are coming saturday as well, maybe darrell and whoever else we can get on board.. this will be the last decent weekend i think for awhile.. are you talking about going on monday forty or is saturday possible for you? if so make it sat. and we'll all ride together. we're gonna camp and night ride as well, and probably some on sunday and head out like 3 or 4... let us know! anyone else wanna ride :?:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:22 am 

[quote ------ rick why the razor?
Already had plans of ridding with another cat with an rzr before we knew the weather was going to be so good :? non the less ill be there and ready to party 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:06 am 

Right now my test day is on hold. I'm having a problem with the Megasquirt EFI computer that makes the engine run like total crap when the alternator is charging. I thought I had it about fixed and then last night realized I'm back to square one. I'm about to burn this computer to the ground and smile the whole time. If I figure out how to get this fixed I'd love to ride all weekend. I'm not expecting it to go well. I've been troubleshooting and searching for 3 weeks now on this problem. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:05 pm 
WB Contributor

fortydegnorth wrote:
Right now my test day is on hold. I'm having a problem with the Megasquirt EFI computer that makes the engine run like total crap when the alternator is charging. I thought I had it about fixed and then last night realized I'm back to square one. I'm about to burn this computer to the ground and smile the whole time. If I figure out how to get this fixed I'd love to ride all weekend. I'm not expecting it to go well. I've been troubleshooting and searching for 3 weeks now on this problem. :evil:

that sucks man, and i would be of no help to you on that set up. good luck tho, and if you figure it out and come, just look for us. or post it on here and i'll check with my phone and watch out for you. im bringing the bombs and the moonshine boys :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:02 pm 

Sorry to hear that fortydegree north. I will be lookin for ya Rick. Be ther sat mid morning.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:48 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

fortydegnorth wrote:

I don't know much about a Megasquirt system but you might look at this forum over on the STF.

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewforum.php?f=66

Lots of info there.

Turbo VW Sand Racer
Polaris Ranger

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"

Davis Motorsports FaceBook Page

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 pm 

Megasquirt is fixed and my test ride day is back on. Now all I need is some decent weather.

Board index » General » Places to ride