It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 pm

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Ivy Branch Julian WV
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:34 am 
BOTM Winner

Hey Gasman i would like to go back up this way if we get a chance....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:37 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Here's the name of the closest motel.Coal River Inn,304-369-0316. Single bed 50.00 double bed 55.00 extra people 10.00 each. Have suites at 75.00 1 bed 90.00 2 bed all suites are non-smoking.regular rooms are either.this is about 6 miles away from where we are riding it's at 271 Bradley road exit off Rt 119 corridor G.
Sorry I didn't get this up sooner.if you are ok with running a little black top ( I know some people doesn't like to do this) there is a new diner opened up 1/4 mile from where we turn off main road to go eat,awesome food.plus if your wanting to camp I'm trying to secure a nice place to stay but still working on that.have got use of the pig roaster for this weekend so going to do a pig.I don't have a good place to park a lot of big trailers or non 4wds but going to put the smoker up over on my property to do the hog and then just bring it to ivy or we can ride over to it by going about 1/4 mile hardtop then short ride through the woods.if anybody needs any info just call me and I will try and help you out.304 687 9506 cell#, pay no mind if you get my voice mail the after 4:30 is just for work related messages,lol.I'll call back when I get it. Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:45 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Tyrus wrote:

Hey Gasman i would like to go back up this way if we get a chance....

We will hit every trail,lol. I would like to get a big ride out into dog hollow also to let some these guys play on the reclaims but that's if we get time.what day you coming down tyrus? And are you camping also do you have a spot picked out yet? I live less than 2 miles from ivy so let me know if your gonna be down early.I live so close but I'm still going to camp over at the homeplace but gotta get mowing done and setup but just wandering how manta going to camp.edit the topic and put the ride dates in the thread topic and maybe get some more to come. Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 pm 
BOTM Winner

Chad i am coming over on the 4th maybe the 3rd if i get everything line out....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:28 pm 
BOTM Winner

Can't Wait!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:38 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

All right guys who alls coming to this ride? Be nice to get a head count to see what to expect for a food feast to put together. Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:11 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:09 pm 
BOTM Winner

I will be there Thursday morning after I get off work, I will be going straight there, but I am not going to be taking the box trailer, just the T-trailer and will be staying at the local motel, what motels do we have in the area? By the way, I have a buddy that might be coming with his RZR, is it OK for him to be bringing it? He is curious to see how the Ivy Branch trails are that the Hatfield-McCoy systems are wanting to make this part of their trails....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:31 pm 
WB Contributor

Not gonna make it :( :( A pipe decided to burst in my well this morning, so there went my gas money!! maybe next time

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:41 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Baddvw wrote:
I will be there Thursday morning after I get off work, I will be going straight there, but I am not going to be taking the box trailer, just the T-trailer and will be staying at the local motel, what motels do we have in the area? By the way, I have a buddy that might be coming with his RZR, is it OK for him to be bringing it? He is curious to see how the Ivy Branch trails are that the Hatfield-McCoy systems are wanting to make this part of their trails....

Sure bring the razor he can have a blast also.
Here's the name of the closest motel.Coal River Inn,304-369-0316. Single bed 50.00 double bed 55.00 extra people 10.00 each. Have suites at 75.00 1 bed 90.00 2 bed all suites are non-smoking.regular rooms are either.this is about 6 miles away from where we are riding it's at 271 Bradley road exit off Rt 119 corridor G.
Call me if you need anything. Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:12 am 
BOTM Winner

I will be there some time on the 4th

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 pm 

Weather is lookin good. I will be down friday morning and stay till saturday night

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:39 am 

Can't make it :cry: ...Sorry next time though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:29 pm 

I hope to be there Friday evening if not it will be sat morning. The same for Malone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 pm 

Wont be making this trip sorry guys hopefully next time

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:13 pm 
BOTM Winner

Just want to thank everyone who made it out we had a blast we need to plan another one.... Will post pic and videos when I get a chance....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:39 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Had an awesome time,should be some really good videos floating around soon.glad to have met everybody again and a few new people as well.wish I could ride today but got to do the Easter thing.thanks tyrus,Greg,Travis ,Chad,and a few others for helping out at some point through out the ride,lol.we WILL do it again soon.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:51 pm 
BOTM Winner

I had a great time there, I will definitely be going back next time we get a good bunch together.....Hey gasman, remember the "Mountain Bike" comment I made, I think that made our day!!......LOL :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:29 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Baddvw wrote:
I had a great time there, I will definitely be going back next time we get a good bunch together.....Hey gasman, remember the "Mountain Bike" comment I made, I think that made our day!!......LOL :lol: :lol:

Well I really wanted to be the first one over the top of that hill.it was one of the toughest I thought we'd tried this weekend I was trying to be the first,hell I did pretty good for 3cylinders lol.but I guess if anybody else could've been first glad it was you.I had a real good laugh myself out of it,but damn I hated being broke down while you all climbed.hope someone got Travis going over it he came close to putting it on it's top,good thing they put that tree there :? ,lol Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:57 am 
BOTM Winner

gasman wrote:
Baddvw wrote:

Well I really wanted to be the first one over the top of that hill.it was one of the toughest I thought we'd tried this weekend I was trying to be the first,hell I did pretty good for 3cylinders lol.but I guess if anybody else could've been first glad it was you.I had a real good laugh myself out of it,but damn I hated being broke down while you all climbed.hope someone got Travis going over it he came close to putting it on it's top,good thing they put that tree there :? ,lol Chad :mrgreen:

I was rooting for you to make it to the top, I was glad that the problem was minor on your motor issues that made it run on 3 cylinders and then later that fuel pump broke in which it sucks, it could have been a lot worst!! We will be hitting that hill again next time and I will let you go first!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Board index » General » Places to ride