It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: dtor in bedford,ky
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:14 am 

has any of the kentucky or cincinnati boys been here? http://www.dirtyturtleoffroad.com/ i keep track of anyplace public or private that i can that is close via my facebook page. these guys constantly are building bounty trails.... if you can film you getting thru them and without flippin(i have seen some nasty ones) and are the first to accomplish it you score $$$$ from 200 to 1000 a shot.... they seem to be constantly dozin new trails... was just curious if anyone on here had been there... if it was a truck only spot (like bills 491 in crittenden is nice just too easy to bug ride)or if it had some nice hills or what? if its worth anything they supported 2 rigs in the king of the hammers race and am sure they would support the hillclimb series.... or a possible sponsorship for the site...

Post subject: Re: dtor in bedford,ky
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:59 am 
BOTM Winner

This place used to be Hills and Hollars, right? Thats what i've been told. That place was good.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:07 am 

i have no clue..... dont think so..... think its the other side of 71 towards indiana.... think hnh was in lockeport or bethlehem... lookin thru their pics on fb some bugs have run there... just a thought for those lookin at hillclimb spots in the future... as they had or are having vehicles in king of the hammers, and highlighted by ky rec commision, and are havin a "atv world" sponsored event soon so why wouldnt they be up for a woodsbuggy event...if there is anywhere worth riding... course i didnt see much at wheelers when i went the first time they opened and there are events there... i know it seems to be more 4x4s at the place but that can always change or well we are all in the same basic sports and when we lose places we all lose places... more light and attention spread to all the sport aspects the better... be it 2,3, or 4 wheels gettin us around..

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:07 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

i think some of the folks from around london and louisville ky have rode there

Chris

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:22 pm 

RaceBugg1098 wrote:
This place used to be Hills and Hollars, right? Thats what i've been told. That place was good.

Me two . hill and hollars was south of 71

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:29 pm 

Been there several times. It's not the same place ans Hillz-n-Hollarz. Anything offroad is welcome. Not a bad place to ride but it is oriented more towards 4X4's. A lot of the hills have big cutouts at the bottom that make it near impossible for a buggy. I think its only about 300 acres, so within a couple hours you've seen everything. As far as hills go there is not very many steep hills for hill climbing. I only know of the ones down by the creek called str8t up and a few next to it. Camping is primitive. Carrollton, Ky is not too far away. Its a good palce to take the kids because you are never more than 10 minutes from the truck.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:06 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Been there 3 times. Its a nice place. Went with my family and Tim n Rhonda (Southern Buggies) and Yankee a couple months ago. Huey is right that it is more geared to 4x4s, but it aint just a rock garden. Joe the owner is super cool and has always been very friendly and welcoming to us.
We cut a couple little hills that a decent 1915 buggy could climb (and did 8) )and It IS kinda fun to blast up some of those drop offs they cut out. There is one really good lookin ridge that you could cut some fairly challenging buggy climbs on. It was untouched when we saw it on the way out , but plan on cuttin a few on it when we go back.
As far as "The Challenge" thing....its $1500 if someone films you climbing all 3 of the challenge hills in one day. They are marked off with blue flags. I was all excited when I heard about it and went and busted the first one and was on the way to find the next one when I ran into Joe in the woods and he told me the payout was for 4x4s only. :cry: He told me no 4x4s had ever made it out that one, and mine was only the second buggy to make it that he knew of. He said he saw a chaindrive get all busted up flippin off it.
They also got a KILLER motocross track and a baby motocross track.

Its definately worth a couple hours drive. You do see it all quick, but we always have fun there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:57 pm 

Went there 2 weeks ago nice camp sight .Lots of nice buggy trails i would go back but i love anywhere in the wood that has a few hills.Good people there

Board index » General » Places to ride