It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:34 pm

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:03 am 
WB Contributor

Marty comes to Fultondale and yall tell him , "Yeah Marty , look at this hill , we are going to cut that hill and look at this hill , Marty."(1st of all you are a guest here Marty, I am after my group). I go to Cahaba and it is the same thing. Run and hide from the chain saw.These local guys want to talk all this Fultondale and Cahaba new climb game and don't. I am the most hated on here and don't none of yall say ,"Oh no, DD we loooove you."Don't make me puke.I am the only one with direction and an insite of the future.Fultondale hides from me so I went to Cahaba today. The wife had to subdue me to keep me from throwing my chainsaw off the cliff.I am surrounded everyday by 10 big a$$ bad a$$ grown men that can pound me in the ground, but run from a pick or machetee.I'll give credit to Kevin Richard Julie and Joyce.I'm getting old and out of shape. If I ask for a dime, I really need a dollar.Look I get a big high off of bad a$$ vehicles climbing a moutain this spring.Help me, help you, help me, help YOU!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:03 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Hated or not... You crack me up everytime you post something.... And noone can ever call you sneaky, underhanded, or dishonest.. You shoot straight and say it as you see it.. I sure can repect that..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:22 am 
WB Contributor

Thanks Mickey. And when they park my wheel chair at the top of Mt. Busby in 2025, these kids that are eating crayons as we talk are going to get to the top and show us their old 2014 Cadillac Northstar front wheel drive set ups.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:29 am 
Global moderator

Most hated my ass,,,you aint seen the dark side have ya :mrgreen: DD you are my hero. I want to be just like you when I grow up :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:08 am 

I think you hate people with a vw based buggy.Everytime you go on a rant,it involves some kind of crazy contraption that you are thinking up and nobody else. Show us the way Obey1 konoby.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:15 pm 
WB Contributor

Team mates that want to come to the game, but not to practice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:31 pm 
WB Contributor

DD you know anytime I have a chance im game for some sawin. The hills and trails arent going to open by themselves. I would like to cut another hill just to the left of little hulk and work it into the top it. We really need a exit at the top of little hulk. Hell dude ive never heard anyone down you that we ride with about your ideas. I mean hell its the truth, air cooled parts are eventually going to be extinct. I have been watching the things that u come up with, do they work, yes, could they be done better, yes but you can only do something as good as the things you have to work with. Tony Kiley is like you, he shops around at pull a part and finds things that could very easily be used in a woods buggy. All I can say is keep up what your doing and it will be the future of our sport, its inevitable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:44 pm 

Firebug wrote:
Most hated my ass,,,you aint seen the dark side have ya :mrgreen: DD you are my hero. I want to be just like you when I grow up :wink:

i have heard you mention this a few times just wandering what is the dark side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:56 pm 
WB Contributor

dink2275 wrote:
Firebug wrote:

i have heard you mention this a few times just wandering what is the dark side

the dark side is the other website :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:06 pm 

what other web site

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:26 pm 
BOTM Winner

Yea what other web site?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:49 pm 
WB Contributor

Hi Kevin. Thanks for the good comment.I'm off Sunday and next week end and the next. You point, I'll cut.I'm not lettin HOT weather slip up on me again and we sit and wish we had cut something.I'm sure Richard will be in.That hill over in Coalberg neighbor hood needs to be skin up.It's knee high in dead sticker bushes. Cross the interstate bridge and go parrallel to it then drop off down to it.We also need to snip a hole in the fence so we can get to the old side. Tie wire it back of coarse.Dr. Joe is completly shut out now. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:59 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

when i have the money to get out im more than happy to help cut i know we could put a couple new ones in bomb drop as well and the old hill behind it we could open back up its till a bad one with that good rock wall down their

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:03 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

and it would not be a bad idea to cut some more easy hills cause not everyone wants to do these big ones and theirs not alot of smaller ones out their that way everyone could enjoy and not have it to where you have 20 sitting at the bottom all day while 4 play if you off all those weekends i say set up one where we go cut as much as we can in a day i will show up for any weekend as long as i can ride with someone out their unless my buggy is going

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:17 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

DD I completly agree with you about the VW stuff. Stock is almost none existant around me, and aftermarket can cost an arm and a leg. You are on the right track, just too low geared for me to be able to drive on the street also. Same problem with chain drives for me. I am too far from the hills to not have it streetable for weekend joy riddin! Just keep blowing up those light bulbs for us DD, when you finally get her all figured out and dialed in more will follow. Your design uses junk yard ready parts with high power and low cost. Not real sure on the down side to that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 am 
WB Contributor

Hi Jesse. If someone shows up ready to cut or pick, their vote counts on what we do.Last month we cut several toy hills at the Cahaba.I can take you to several medium hills at F'dale that we are letting grow back up!But the bottom line is, "We are trying to entertain the crowd." I want to get behind my coldbeer and watch and film some action!If your buggy is narrow than 90" you can go under the interstate.But there is a 3' drop off at the end.Yall bring your worst scrap iron and I'll make 2 of the ugliest but practical ramps to leave inplace.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 am 
WB Contributor

Hi Nitro! Thanks for the compliments! With a 5 speed trans it will do 65mph fast and easy. That's plenty for around town.But I'm with ya. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:40 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

i love the big ones that why i come to ride i jut noticed their alot of people that do alot of sitting and not playing thought it may be cause alot of the hills are bad ones but im not to much into leeds but im more than happy to help you out cutting in fultondale pick a weekend and i will do my best to get out their with you and cut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:02 am 
WB Contributor

Im with u on leeds jesse. Everytime i go out there I get water in my motor crossing the cahaba. I have way to much $ in my motor to be doin that. I wonder if we bring DD all our scrap steel if he could build us a bridge across it. :lol: :lol: . DD all u have to do is give me some notice and ill be at futondale to do somecuttin. Your rite to jesse about some smaller easier hills. I like watching everyone play not just me a few others every ride.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:54 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

exactly the river always messes up leeds you either have to ride one side or the other most the time and i been going their since i was born cause i live 1 mile from where we go in on my side the river . but im in as well so dd set us up a day at fultindale to do some cutting and someone give me a ride from the parking lot lol and i have just noticed alot of the people that come out dont get a chance cause either we go to windy that most wont go into and if so you dont come back out or we go to lil hulk and most wont do that we need to start spreading it out a lil more and doing some good trail riding and hill climbing go around to all size hills and cut some new ones small medium and big and open up alot of the old ones all we got to do it hit them they all rdy cut for us

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:09 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Quote:
I wonder if we bring DD all our scrap steel if he could build us a bridge across it.

if you got a boat motor we can go out and build a flat top boat to fit a buggy and boat them across one at a time :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Quote:
Yall bring your worst scrap iron and I'll make 2 of the ugliest but practical ramps to leave inplace

dd i may have something perfect for this its one massive sollid peice i would need help getting it but their would be no building you just lay it down and your done i will try to post up a pick of it and see if you think it will work good if so i will donate it to the build a bridge fund for fultondale

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:47 pm 

dink2275 wrote:
what other web site

http://www.rail-buggy.com/forum.php

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:52 pm 

I cant believe im saying this but it is a good thing your doing,building stuff from junkyards and other parts that are not stamped VW.This just means more vw parts for me. The only things i can think of that might be extinct years from now are torsions,front ends,3 ribs and Dellorto's. They are already building new 6 ribs from the case to the internals and the rest of the stuff we need to build a good buggy is all in the aftermarket now.I cant remember the last time i went to the junkyard to buy parts to build a buggy and i dont build them overnight,so please dont think ive got money,im probably the poorest person on here.

Board index » General » Places to ride