It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 am

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:09 pm 
WB Contributor

I have stepped out in front and slayed the dragons for the poor. You keep on looking for bus trans and I'll keep on pondering how many makes and models of trans to use.And the cable shifters still attached to them just stretch out and bolt to your floor. Too easy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:51 pm 
WB Contributor

What alot of people dont realize is how simple the things DD does is to do. If you look at the passat buggy you can see its not that complex. It just takes a good mind and picture painting to do it. I couldnt have ever come up with the idea but after seeing it, its really a fairly simple design. DD i got a freind that wants to put a suzuki gs1200 motor in a buggy. Im thinkin a rearend out of Z car or something like that. Set the motor in sideways and make a flange that will bolt to the trans using a vw axle, attached to the Z car rearend. Whatch think. :idea: :idea: :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm 
WB Contributor

That would be awesome!Pull a Part had some 300sx cars and I think their irs diffs were around 4.00:1 . Perfect for the small motor. There are sites on the compt. that show ratios. Thread the c/v empty joints with 3/8" bolt holes,7/16 for porshe all the way thru.Put a zip tie around the joint and mark it with a pen. Then high speed cut it in half. A slight imperfection ain't bad because a "little" wobble will NOT let the c/v balls stay in 1 place and mash a dent.Weld 1 half on to flange with a 7018 3/32" rod after heating it up pretty hot with a hand held propane torch.Remember this is hard steel. Only Moses can separate these now.If you don't like your passenger put the motor slightly into where the passenger seat went.Tilt it down so your oil pan won't starve for oil on steep hills.Use grade 8 bolts or M10 for metric.Some IRS flanges such as the Lincoln Continnental will have to be cut down or machined to fit.The outter stub axle housings off Lincs. or thunderbirds/ cougars are great.Their brakes are awesome and they have NICE $25 aluminum 15x8 and 16x8" rims.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:59 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

here is what i got its just wide enough for a buggy and once in plae wont break or be moved i can get it to the parking lot we could lay it in place and be done with one side

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

Board index » General » Places to ride