It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:10 pm 

For the first time ever Gray Rock ORV in Bama is letting buggys ride. I've been there a bunch in my crawler its pretty good riding. you can camp n stuff. they sell food on site. And always plenty of action. Feb 4-6 MT.Olive AL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:37 pm 

they were allowed in November and December to

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:00 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

been there several times in my crawler also, and have always wanted to take a buggy but they never would allow it accept for at the december toys for tots ride they always have, and then they allowed them in at the king of cable comp they had this past november for some reason, i'm just wandering if this is a permanent rule change or if somebody at caos bumped there head or is talking out of place, because unless something has changed this year they have always been in charge of febuary frenzy? :?

maybe they have seen the light and we can add grey rock as place to ride whenever they have open rides :D

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:58 pm 

i was told by a few diff people that they would be allowed in from now on but ill ask again to make sure..... very fun place to ride tho, i always take my silverado

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:22 pm 

The only buggy i've ever seen there was that yellow one seater chain drive. i would have took my buggy sooner if i had knew this

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

BobbyCupps wrote:
i was told by a few diff people that they would be allowed in from now on but ill ask again to make sure..... very fun place to ride tho, i always take my silverado

cool, i hope its true :D

i checked thier website and it says "rail rigs" welcome and on the rules page they have "added" side by sides but it also still says "vehicle must be four wheel drive" :?

http://grayrockorv.com/index.htm

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:28 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

NRIbuggys wrote:
The only buggy i've ever seen there was that yellow one seater chain drive. i would have took my buggy sooner if i had knew this

fondrin and a couple more were there at the king of cable comp they had in november 8)

maybe if this is a permanent rule change i will try and make it to at least a couple of their rides this year

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:59 pm 

i jus talked to keith bailey and he said YES we can bring them to feb frenzy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:08 pm 

yea i talked to keith today also to make sure. i guess their just trying to bring in more folks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

would be a great place for a woodsbuggy poker run and maybe a hillcimb event if they would let us cut a new hill or 2 out of the bunny slopes hollow

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:51 pm 

there are some good hills going to the canyon. im gonna hit tub rock and maybe bents and dents where they made it wider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 pm 
WB Contributor

NRIbuggys wrote:

Oh. you must be talking about,"Der Panzervogon ,Ya".I want to paint it German Army gray with an Iron Cross on the side. :lol: Did you see it on Trash Talk?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:57 pm 

NRIbuggys wrote:
there are some good hills going to the canyon. im gonna hit tub rock and maybe bents and dents where they made it wider

good luck on tub rock, not much room to get a run at it but if i take mine ill try it with ya bud lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:05 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

NRIbuggys wrote:

im with you on hitting tub rock and the hill to the right of big egg i think it is over there around buzzards roost :D

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:51 am 

Yea, cant get a good run at tub but if you can get the front tires up on it then it should ok

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:52 am 
WB Contributor

"Can't get a good run,Can't get a good run"You are tellin the rock crawlers we must sling shot ourselves over the rough stuff.Which is true. :lol: I don't know if I can call my Panzerwagen a one seater buggy, a rockcrawler or a chaindrive. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:45 pm 

Look on youtube under garyb427 and see me backing down tub in my yota after i broke my left front knuckel off. the only thing left was the brake line

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:12 pm 

passat2800 wrote:
"Can't get a good run,Can't get a good run"You are tellin the rock crawlers we must sling shot ourselves over the rough stuff.Which is true. :lol: I don't know if I can call my Panzerwagen a one seater buggy, a rockcrawler or a chaindrive. :)

lets jus say the panzerwagen is unique lol, thats sums it up in one word

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:06 am 
WB Contributor

I have talked to keith and tony both. They both said that CAOS dont own the place, and with them not letting other off roaders in its costing them $. If someone can climb tub rock in a conventional buggy now I would be impressed. It has two huge holes at the bottom of the rock. I couldnt get my back tires 3ft up the rock hitting it hard. The only thing ive noticed about grayrock is the way 4x4 riders treat buggy riders. They dont care about buggys at all. All the time talking crap about how buggys suck(until I pass their ass while stuck on a hill digging huge holes). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:15 am 
WB Videographer

I don't have negatives about buggies, and I know alot others that don't as well.
You must be talking about jeeps, I like them too, they taste like chicken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wGMaUMXUQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:06 am 
WB Contributor

OK I'll try it again. Rock Crawlers and buggies better get it rite becuase the well hated Passat is going to have it rite this Spring. Fresh motor$450 trans $150. 21" of ground hieghth front to back, operational 1st gear ,40" cut swamppers, A- arms, Power stearing, front 16" 1100 series singgle rib tires, shortened from 131" to 118" wheel base.New 14x3 trailing arms instead of upside down truck leaf springs.Every body better get it in one sock this spring.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:54 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

hey kevin i wasnt saying caos owned grey rock i knew that tony was the owner but caos is usually in charge or running the show so to speak at most of big events / open rides and they have been raising the prices lately and having fewer people show up according to all my rockcrawling sources/buddies :roll:

and as far as tub rock that gonna be one of them hold my beer and watch this shows :twisted: :lol:

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:01 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

then again i may not be going, i just read on hardline that the entry fee was $50/rig/driver :shock: for frenzy, no mention to what passenger price is yet :roll: tony is going to have to say something to caos about that shit if they dont want to keep losing business :shock: :evil:

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:48 am 

ridenrace6 wrote:
then again i may not be going, i just read on hardline that the entry fee was $50/rig/driver :shock: for frenzy, no mention to what passenger price is yet :roll: tony is going to have to say something to caos about that shit if they dont want to keep losing business :shock: :evil:

i was told 50 for the weekend but 30 per day and $5 dollar passengers.... i guess we will find out at the gate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:45 am 

yea, is prob 30 a day or 50 for the weekend and 5 a passenger. unless i take my old lady i make my buddys split it. Because they usually contribute to some of the broken parts and some missing beer later on. Aint nothing like showing some one that talks sh!t about ya.

Board index » General » Places to ride