It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 pm

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:21 am 
WB Contributor

ridenrace6 wrote:
hey kevin i wasnt saying caos owned grey rock i knew that tony was the owner but caos is usually in charge or running the show so to speak at most of big events / open rides and they have been raising the prices lately and having fewer people show up according to all my rockcrawling sources/buddies :roll:

and as far as tub rock that gonna be one of them hold my beer and watch this shows :twisted: :lol:

Yeah thats what they said, and thats why they are starting to take it back. CAOS just leased a bunch of land somewhere so they wont be at grayrock much longer I wouldnt think.I like the guys that run CAOS(Brent and Monica) ive known them for a long time. Brent told me a while back that the club members voted against buggys riding with them so they were stuck with that. Im not saying all 4x4 guys dont like buggy heck 90% of them started out in a vw based buggy. :) When we when to Grayrock a couple months ago we had a blast and only a couple altercations. Everything was fine though anytime you put a bunch a beer drinkers together somethings always gunna happen. :lol: :lol: Im looking forward to riding there and hope everyone else will to, we need more good places to ride.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:32 pm 
WB Videographer

"CAOS members voted not to ride with buggys", then I have no use for any of them. Stupid idiots just made a whole community enemies, Buncha Southern Four Wheel Drive wannabes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5wGMaUMXUQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:42 pm 

LOOK FORWARD TO RIDING THIS PLACE. BEEN THERE BEFORE IN A JEEP WITH SOME BUDDIES, SOME PRETTY RUFF TERAIN. LOOKS VERY PROMISING THOUGH.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:06 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Maddog wrote:
"CAOS members voted not to ride with buggys", then I have no use for any of them. Stupid idiots just made a whole community enemies, Buncha Southern Four Wheel Drive wannabes.

we have to put up with a lot of that crap down here out of the 4x4 comunity, some of them are fine and are super nice but they are usually out numbered 2 to 1 by a bunch of a$$holes that hate buggys, at least thats been my experiance, you come up in a 4x4 and they will talk and help you out, but pull up in a buggy and its like your carrying the plague or something, also god forbid you make something look easy they had a hard time with, if so you WILL get the go to hell look if not a cusssing :roll:

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:05 pm 
WB Contributor

Back in '96 the Land Rover dealer in Birmingham put on an excursion to promote sales. They had about 15 vehicles out at Calera at the Stick Rd at the bottom off Jack Knife and the Bluff.All day long the salesman would brag on the Land Rover and I would blast thru the crowd and throw out my beer can out.I did this at 3 or 4 of their stops and thought that was all of it. But at the end of the day a customer guy came out of the Land Rover crowd and said," Dude, you are my hero." I said, "What? "He said all day long the salesman said, " This is where 4 wheel drive leaves all else behind" and here you come,leaving your beer can as a calling card and GONE!All the women would shake their heads and get back in the trucks.""Dude, you are awesome!" That was back in my air cooled days and it was a BLAST!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 am 
WB Contributor

DD thats one thing that we have got to work on with some of the people we ride with. After every ride at fultondale I come home with 20 to 30 beer cans in my buggy. I dont even drink, its from picking up trash that others throw on the ground. That shuts down riding in a heart beat. Grayrock wont put up with it. We all need to try and keep the trails clean. Its not you im talking about, your like me and yry to keep the place clean. :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:08 pm 
WB Contributor

Got an idea. I'm going to bring 3 or 4 trash bags and tie them to a few buggies and the back window of my S-10 will always be open.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:59 pm 
WB Contributor

kevin f wrote:
DD thats one thing that we have got to work on with some of the people we ride with. After every ride at fultondale I come home with 20 to 30 beer cans in my buggy. I dont even drink, its from picking up trash that others throw on the ground. That shuts down riding in a heart beat. Grayrock wont put up with it. We all need to try and keep the trails clean. Its not you im talking about, your like me and yry to keep the place clean. :) :)

i agree kevin, and not just in bama but everywhere :wink: i love my beer and drink more than my fair share, but the empty cans always come out with me! it should be woodsbuggy law pack out what you pack in :twisted: if not we will be hated everywhere

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:39 pm 

so are any of yall going to make it to frenzy??? Need some to BS with and Make some noise

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 pm 

me and some of my friends will be there.. wat does your ride look like and ill find ya?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:57 pm 

Blue with grooved tractor V's. Got a blue mohawk on top

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:23 pm 

What ab your ride? and what day will yall be there?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:10 pm 
WB Contributor

ill be there. I dont know if I will have my single seater done by then but Ill either be in it or my baby blue and silver 2 seater.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 am 

mines black with a rebel flag roof

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:08 pm 

anyone still goin to grayrock this sat? prolly goin to be muddy as hell

Board index » General » Places to ride