It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:21 am

Board index » General » Places to ride

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Morris Mountain ????
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:58 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Has anyone ever gone riding at Morris Mountain?

A local off road club is going to Morris Mountain in January and I was thinking about tailing along with the buggy but I do not know anything about Morris Mountain..

Post subject: Re: Morris Mountain ????
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:28 pm 
WB Contributor

Where is Morris Mtn? Tenn?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:33 pm 
Global moderator

Morris Mountain is near the Talledega National Forrest..it is where one of the first hill climbs was a few years ago. It is a mostly 4x4 park.

http://www.morrismountainorv.com/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:08 am 
WB Contributor

OMG! Back in about 98 or 1999 I wrote the Alabama Forestry commissioner and said" Can yall set aside some land like Geaorgia does so all erosion ,tresspassing and all other mischief can be concentrated in one spot?" Mean while I gained the support of Off Road Connection(4x4) in Fultondale to talk to him aswell.Well when I walked into Off Rd Conn I told them my plan and the owner imediatly replied " You dune buggies propel yourselves by ripping up the dirt". I let it go, but I thought we could be partners in this endeavor.Later I got a call from the state Commissioner and he was all excited about my idea. I gave him Off Road's telephone number and really believed I was going to make something happen.Well, guess what. The Commissioner called me back the next week and told me," Mr. Phillips, You dune buggies propel yourselves by ripping up dirt."(I wonder where he heard that)."We have considered opening up some land in the Talledega National Forrest but it will be for jeeps and ATV's." I'm not absolutly sure about the year but every sentence is true with my right hand in the air.

Last edited by passat2800 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:04 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

passat2800 wrote:
OMG! Back in about 98 or 1999 I wrote the Alabama Forestry commissioner and said" Can yall set aside some land like Geaorgia does so all erosion ,tresspassing and all other mischief can be concentrated in one spot?" Mean while I gained the support of Off Road Connection(4x4) in Fultondale to talk to him aswell.Well when I walked into Off Rd Conn I told them my plan and the owner imediatly replied " You dune buggies propel yourselves by ripping up the dirt". I let it go, but I thought we could be partners in this endeavor.Later I got a call from the state Commissioner and he was all excited about my idea. I gave him Off Road's telephone number and really believed I was going to make something happen.Well, guess what. The Commissioner called me back the next week and told me," Mr. Phillips, You dune buggies propel yourselves by ripping up dirt."(I wonder where he heard that)."We have considered opening up some land in the Talledega National Forrest but it will be for jeeps and ATV's." I despise a pimp or a sucka$$ I'm not absolutly sure about the year but every sentence is true with my right hand in the air.

i know kieth at orc and he is a super nice guy, or at least he always has been to me ( back when i had my rock crawler anyways ) buuuuuuutttttttttttttttt, true there colors, MOST of the 4x4 guys around bama cant stand a buggy, because unless they are jumping or crawling across bolders, we for the most part go where they go with smaller tires and less tires pulling and less horsepower :roll: :twisted:

so yes DD i believe every word of it :|

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:29 pm 
WB Contributor

Morris mt is very buggy freindly. That is where me and greg adkins put on the very first buggy hill climb comp ever. There is all kinds of different terrain there. The owners of the park are very nice also. as for Keith, ive been talking with him a good bit lately and he told me he really injoys the buggys rideing in 4x4 style parks. Maybe he has grown to realize that we are all out just having fun, and is trying to help offroading grow in Alabama.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:09 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Thanks for the info

The youtube videos look pretty cool. There are some areas that have some Rocks but most of it looks like trails.

I am trying to get to know some of the local 4x4 clubs and they are going to MM or Jan 18th. I am hoping to join them with the Buggy. It will be interesting going with a bunch of Jeeps. I have a feeling there will be a lot of waiting :twisted: :twisted:

If I make it, I will let you know more about the park..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:31 pm 
WB Contributor

Ain't Jan 18th on a tuesday?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:52 pm 

whats the local clubs i just built a jeep wouldn mind going if no one cared

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:08 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

My mistake.. It is Jan 14-16.. The club is Georgia Trail Riders.. They seem pretty cool.

Here is their web site. www.gatrailriders.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:11 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Too Funny... A bunch of the guys from the local off road club (GA Trail Riders) started complaining that a 2 wheel drive buggy cannot ride with them.

Two reasons they gave...

1) 2 wheel drive buggies tear things up...
2) They do not want to wait for a buggy to make it through the difficult areas...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:57 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

MickeyMouse wrote:
Too Funny... A bunch of the guys from the local off road club (GA Trail Riders) started complaining that a 2 wheel drive buggy cannot ride with them.

Two reasons they gave...

1) 2 wheel drive buggies tear things up...
2) They do not want to wait for a buggy to make it through the difficult areas...

that is complete and total BULLSHIT :!: :!: :!: :!:

it is EXACTLY the OPPISITE

1) the ones that say that have never ridden in or with a halfway decent buggy, or are the idiots that set there and DIG HOLES like a freakin moron, thinking it is mysteriously gonna grab a hold and go a few inches further

2) i've never seen hardly any of the 4x4 guys out of the single digits (speed wise) out trailriding, and if they get hung up, or broke, or upside down, it usually takes forever WAITING ON THEM

Chris

Board index » General » Places to ride