It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Parts, Parts & More Parts

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:15 pm 

That's why we have night riding in the summer time. I remember years ago in Jemison their was a 73 year old man would come out about once a month and ride around some and he would still climb the smaller hills but stay away from the big ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:08 pm 
WB Contributor

I remember him. He had a gold buggy with an automatic.He was one of Robert Shadrick's clan at SnS buggies in Bessemer from the 70's. He is a true veteran.I bet he must be bumping 90 by now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:19 pm 

What happened to s &s buggies in Bessemer ?? They built my dads 2275 ,20yrs ago and I'm still running it to day

Dirtdobber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:56 am 
WB Contributor

Back in the 80's they had 3 registers ringing all day long. Buggies were popular. But if you ease dropped on each sales person they would be filling the kids ears with crap. Son, buy this and you get 10 hp, buy this and get 30... The kid goes Really!. But when you break and go back to them . The moment you flare, Robert had this big weight lifter let go of his register and come to his defense. His name was Terry with 18" arms. They sold many a motors as stroker motors and they were mere stock strokes. And they would swear to God that was not the crank that was in the motor. Back in the late 90's their accountant told them to sell out while it was still hot. God gave me the chance to tell 3 potential buyers what a crook they were. All 3 said, "But Robert says there is a 1/2 million dollars in their inventory. I said yeah, and all his motors have 82 strokes too. I spent over an hour telling these potential buyers other incidents and finally SnS faded out. OH! And for a $100 more the transmission would have a "RACE" 1st gear in it. B/S. Back in those days nobody I knew rebuilt them or knew the difference. Transmissions were so plentiful. Later as I got to see them they were all stock . As time went on, too many people caught on to their game. I used to stand on a hill top like Billy Graham preaching the gospel. I was humiliated by Terry, his bouncer, at one time, so I crusaded to keep others from having to be put in that spot. I had one of the 1st sets of 3x3's and the welds broke 50 miles from home and 5 miles out in the woods. The wheel laying under the buggy. Robert told me to take it up with his welder in another county. So I told them both. I'll never even buy a spark plug in here and I will spend every moment telling y'alls game to the masses. After I welded up the 3x3's I said well dam. That was so easy. I think I'll start fabbing my own stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:00 am 
WB Contributor

Oh this is good. Back in about 97 when he was still hanging on and his bouncer let go, Robert said on the phone, he had brand new heads for $70/ea. So I go, well how can he screw me on this. By now I had been weight lifting thru the years. I opened the box and they were pretty. I got on the interstate and reached for a head because I knew he was good at screwing people some kinda way. There were NO VALVES in them! I turned around, went back, and layed them on his counter. Had my sleeves rolled up and I had the 17" arms and put the bare heads on his counter. I was nice , diplomatic and silent. Without words my face expression was saying," look the tables are turned now b!tch". I did not even let him look up at me. Every time he'd try, I'd stare down into his.It was fun! There were no words said, because he knew our past. I guess I'm weird cuz I just hated most old men. I was taught to respect them , but all they did was mistake my kindness for weakness. The preacher man said, God wants us to be as gentle as a lamb , but shrewd as a wolf or something like that. Don't let people screw ya! Years ago at work a guy would walk the floors at work humiliating people, until he met his match. The new guy slammed his pencil and his eye balls filled with blood and he let him have it in full view of the others. Ole BAD ASS changed jobs and put in for early retirement. He could not handle the tables turned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:32 am 

Sorry so many was screwed, I may have the only good motor he built then

Dirtdobber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:54 am 
WB Contributor

Negative. I bought a motor from one of his personal riding buddies. It was a 76 crank and every time I took it to the machine shop the machinist would say that was the truest , hardest and straightest crank they had ever messed with and I only had to turn it once. It was originally built in 1980. Back when Americans made there own steel I guess. Today one of Austin's buddies has it but he never rides much . SnS used to love these steel forged 76 strokes back in the day. I heard the cheaper brands put that company out of business years ago. Cast Scat cranks would explode and destroy motors. But Robert would push those because of the higher profit margin.

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Parts, Parts & More Parts