It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:04 am

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Parts, Parts & More Parts

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:14 pm 

Hello Everyone,

A couple updates here!

Our Ecotec turn-key swap packages have been incredibly popular!

It's time to move on from that leaking, expensive, and tired air-cooled VW motor! No longer are the days of expensive and complicated fuel injection motor systems! OEM reliable fuel injection systems are in REACH. Did you know that GM built over 4 million 2.4L LE5 Ecotec's from 2006 to 2009? That's right - over 4 MILLION.

So what does that mean to you, the customer? It means that finding a low mileage LE5 2.4L Ecotec is as easy as picking up the phone. It also means that the LE5 2.4L Ecotec offers you an EXTREME VALUE for your money. The term "Dime a Dozen" fits here nicely. Parts are affordable and readily available at your local Autozone or NAPA.

The LE5 is a larger 2.4 L—2,384 cc (145.5 cu in)—version of the Ecotec. Both the 88 mm (3.5 in) bore and 98 mm (3.9 in) stroke are larger, and Variable Valve Timing [VVT] on the intake and exhaust improve low-end torque. Compression is 10.4:1. Power is 164-177 hp (123-132 kW) and torque is 159-170 lb•ft (215-230 N•m). The engine uses a reinforced "Gen II" block. The LE5 is a true 175 HP out-of-the-box solution.

The 2.4L Ecotec is the motor of choice in off-road applications at AFI. Here is why:

* The cost difference between the 2.2L L61 is negligible.
* The 2.4L LE5 offers more displacement
* The 2.4L LE5 supports VVT
* The 2.4L LE5 supports Electronic Throttle Body
* The 2.4L LE5 uses the 'reinforced' GM GEN II block [the same block as the LSJ/LNF]
* The early production [2006-2007] 2.4L LE5's are BOOST READY w/ Hypereutectic Alumuminum pistons, forged rods, & a nodular iron crankshaft
* The 2.4L LE5 has targeted oil jets to cool pistons
* The 2.4L LE5 has a higher flowing intake manifold [than the L61]
* The 2.4L LE5 uses 58X crankshaft position sensing
* The 2.4L LE5 uses digital crankshaft & camshaft position sensors
* The 2.4L LE5 uses an individual coil on plug ignition system
* The 2.4L LE5 uses the vastly superior 32-bit E67 ECM

So why buy an Ecotec engine from AFI? AFI does all the work for you. What we do at AFI is provide a value to you. We believe customers of AFI appreciate a known source, and above all else, appreciate a quality product. We go above and beyond, when you choose AFI with your Ecotec engine you are getting:

1. Bench tested via engine run stand [compression & leak-down]
2. Known low mileage [under 65K miles]
3. Engine is cleaned & race prepped
4. All not needed accessories/sensors are removed
5. All needed engine sensors are present
6. All things Ecotec experts at your disposal!

We have a couple combo kits that we offer. Here is a brief rundown.

AFI STAGE I Ecotec Combo's come with the following accessories and are priced as follows: $2400 + shipping

1. AFI Ecotec 2.4 VVT engine [used] w/ intake manifold & throttle body
2. Exhaust manifold w/ O2 Sensor
3. All needed electronic sensors [coils, cam sensors, knock sensor, VVT, etc.]
4. Fuel rail & injectors
5. AFI Billet Adapter Plate & Flywheel [8" or 9"]
6. AFI Engine Harness, ECM, & Performance Tune
7. AFI Radiator Fan Thermostat
8. AFI DBW Pedal
9. AFI Intake Air Temp. Sensor [needed for harness]

See pictures and more info here:

http://www.alphafabindustries.com/collections/ecotec-solutions/products/afi-2-4l-le5-ecotec-swap-combo

AFI STAGE II Ecotec Combo's come with the following accessories and are priced as follows: $2675 + shipping

4. Fuel rail & injectors
8. AFI DBW Pedal
10. AFI Billet water neck block off
11. AFI Billet -6AN fuel rail adapter
12. AFI Billet Oil Pressure relocation kit
13. All parts & accessories installed!

See pictures and info here:

http://www.alphafabindustries.com/collections/ecotec-solutions/products/afi-2-4l-le5-ecotec-swap-combo-stage-ii

AFI STAGE III Ecotec Combo's come with the following accessories and are priced as follows: $3000 + shipping

4. Fuel rail & injectors
8. AFI DBW Pedal
13. New GM Remanufactured 125 AMP Alternator
14. GATES Micro-V Serpentine belt
15. All parts & accessories installed!

See more info at pictures here:

http://www.alphafabindustries.com/collections/ecotec-solutions/products/afi-2-4l-le5-ecotec-swap-combo-stage-iii

AFI STAGE IIII Ecotec Combo's come with the following accessories and are priced as follows: $3650 + shipping

2. AFI Long-tube Header w/ O2 Sensor
4. Fuel rail & injectors
8. AFI DBW Pedal
13. New GM Remanufactured 125 AMP Alternator
14. GATES Micro-V Serpentine belt
15.AFI EFI Fuel pump [supports 65 PSI]
16. All parts & accessories installed!

See more info and pictures here:

http://www.alphafabindustries.com/collections/ecotec-solutions/products/afi-2-4l-le5-ecotec-swap-combo-stage-iiii

This is a complete bolt-in solution with the large primary pieces needed to properly install your Ecotec!

Want more power? We have that too! We've developed 3 Stages of off-road based turbo kit packages - rated from 250-400+ RWHP. Our turbo kits were developed so that our customers could grow power levels with time/budget/transmission!

Our AFI 2.4 ECOTEC STAGE II TURN-KEY ENGINE & TURBO KIT PACKAGE: $6825 + shipping

STAGE II Turnkey Package, ~ 300-320 RWHP [350+ @ crankshaft] 15-17 PSI:

* AFI 2.4 Ecotec VVT Engine w/ all needed sensors, AFI ceramic coated turbo exhaust manifold w/ O2 sensor, USED crate engine equivilant, bench tested, race prepped, cleaned, assembled, and AFI QC
* AFI Harness & ECM System, OBD2 compliant, configured for electronic drive by wire throttle [cable throttle available upon request]
* AFI Billet -6AN Fuel rail adapter
* AFI DBW Pedal
* AFI Intake Air Temperature Sensor
* AFI Stage II Turbo kit: Includes AFI turbo manifold [ceramic coated], GT28 Ball-Bearing turbo w/ v-band exhaust, Tial 38mm external wastegate [we can dump this back into exhaust if needed, ALL needed oil fittings, lines, and gaskets, ALL needed oil drain fittings, lines, gaskets, and oil pan modification, ALL needed water feed and drain fittings, lines, and adapters, Siemens 60" injectors, GM 2-BAR MAP Sensor, AFI Top Mount Air to Air Intercooler option w/ all piping, painted mount, silicone couplers, and Tial 50MM blow off valve, high flow air filter, AFI ECM STAGE II tuning, and all nuts, bolts, gaskets, etc.

Our AFI 2.4 ECOTEC STAGE II TURN-KEY ENGINE & TURBO KIT PACKAGE: $7800 + shipping

STAGE III Turnkey Package, ~ 350-400 RWHP [430+ @ crankshaft] 18-22 PSI:

* AFI 2.4 Ecotec VVT Engine w/ all needed sensors, AFI ceramic coated turbo exhaust manifold w/ O2 sensor, USED crate engine equivalent, bench tested, race prepped, cleaned, assembled, and AFI QC
* AFI Harness & ECM System, OBD2 compliant, configured for, electronic drive by wire throttle [cable throttle available]
* AFI Billet -6AN Fuel rail adapter
* AFI DBW Pedal
* AFI Intake Air Temperature Sensor
* AFI Stage III Turbo kit: Includes AFI turbo manifold [ceramic coated], GT30/35 Series Ball-Bearing turbo [determined upon order/turbo matching your needs] w/ v-band exhaust, Tial 38mm external wastegate [we can dump this back into exhaust if needed, ALL needed oil fittings, lines, and gaskets, ALL needed oil drain fittings, lines, gaskets, and oil pan modification, ALL needed water feed and drain fittings, lines, and adapters, Siemens 80# injectors, GM 3-BAR MAP Sensor, AFI Top Mount Air to Air Intercooler option w/ all piping, painted mount, silicone couplers, and Tial 50MM blow off valve, high flow air filter, AFI ECM STAGE III tuning, and all nuts, bolts, gaskets, etc.

Want a combo package you don't see? Just ask - we have supported and can support the L61 [early and late w/ individual coils], LSJ, LNF, LAF - naturally aspirated or boosted. It doesn't matter. Please call 734.794.3082 or email sales@alphafabindustries.com for questions or to place an order. Right now, our lead time on combo packages is 14 days.

These go fast!! Please call or email with questions!

http://www.alphafabindustries.com/colle ... ap-combo-1

Specializing in EFI systems engineering, design and tuning for the GM Ecotec Platform.

Last edited by Alpha Fab on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:05 pm 

All emails and PM's responded to! Thank you!

-Shaun

Specializing in EFI systems engineering, design and tuning for the GM Ecotec Platform.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:00 pm 

Whats it take to get into the super charged version?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:00 pm 

Rick wrote:

That's what i'm talking about ........i want to know too..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:23 pm 

Rick wrote:

darrell wrote:
Rick wrote:

That's what i'm talking about ........i want to know too..

Well... Probably around an additional $1400 [with injectors, SC, pump, hoses, fittings, ECM tune] and about another week build time =) Feel free to send me an email sales@alphafabindustries.com

-Shaun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:43 pm 

You guys take air cooled motors in on trade lol

Posted using the WoodsBuggy Mobile App

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:32 pm 

pm sent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:54 pm 

meganaustin2010 wrote:
You guys take air cooled motors in on trade lol

Posted using the WoodsBuggy Mobile App

frankenbuggy06 wrote:
pm sent

Possibly... What type of AC?

PM back at ya!

-Shaun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:14 pm 

its a 1915cc vw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:33 pm 

Rick wrote:

You may want to think twice about the supercharged version of a 2.4 LE5. I have more than $1400 into adding it to mine. Don't get me wrong, I love the power but I personally think I would have been better off with a turbo.
Here is just a few reasons why. New intake manifold, cooler and water pump, and additional plumbing. You also need some different brackets. Also, the turbo would have helped out when I was trying to figure out the exhaust system. Overall, it was a nightmare getting everything to fit.
http://www.woodsbuggy.com/forum/buggy-builds/9243

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:54 am 

Twotrackerbryan wrote:
Rick wrote:

You may want to think twice about the supercharged version of a 2.4 LE5. I have more than $1400 into adding it to mine. Don't get me wrong, I love the power but I personally think I would have been better off with a turbo.
Here is just a few reasons why. New intake manifold, cooler and water pump, and additional plumbing. You also need some different brackets. Also, the turbo would have helped out when I was trying to figure out the exhaust system. Overall, it was a nightmare getting everything to fit.
http://www.woodsbuggy.com/forum/buggy-builds/9243

Hey Bryan,

Yeah I would agree that turbocharged is a simplier route. Especially since with TC you can mount an A2A intercooler rather than having to plumb a W2A system! I do like the way yours came out though!

-Shaun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:46 pm 

I know I am not the only one thinking this... so if you think TC is the way to go what kind of extra cost does that bring? I could only imagine a turbo on my buggy... I am hard enough on my turbo diesel truck... love that whistle!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:50 pm 

I would also like to know about the TC version as far as cost goes, I would think equal to if not less than. But I may be wrong...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 pm 

Go Big Or Go Home wrote:
I know I am not the only one thinking this... so if you think TC is the way to go what kind of extra cost does that bring? I could only imagine a turbo on my buggy... I am hard enough on my turbo diesel truck... love that whistle!

Our basic "Do It Yourself" kit looks something like this:

Initial cost will be around $2275 shipped and is based around the robust, reliable, and fast spooling GT28 Dual BB Turbo. The basic kit is tuned for 7 PSI which will be good for ~ 240 RWHP. Everything you need to get started is included. We leave the design of the A2A intercooler setup and exhaust to you. The basic DIY Stage I kit will include the following:

AFI Turbo Manifold [Un-coated]
GT28 Dual BB Turbo w/ V-Band Turbine - Internal WG
2.5" V-Band Clamps [for downpipe fabrication]
Siemens 60# Injectors
2 Bar Map Sensor
AFI Turbo ECM Tune
All Oil Feed & Drain Fittings, Lines, & Accessories
All Gaskets

I've got 5 of these in various stages of development now. Will post some other information on the Stage II and Stage III kits shortly!

-Shaun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:18 pm 

More engines in stock! They go fast!

Thanks for all the support!

-Shaun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:28 pm 
WB Contributor

was wondering if the 2.4 has ever had the same issue with the 2.2 timing belt tensioner not getting oil? ive been reading up a bit on these and im trying to figure the best route to go with one. ican get a 2.2 for $400 but really dont want to buy something i immedately have to work on. do you guys do before selling or recomend replacing the timing belt? here is one link of the issue im talking about.http://chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/219345/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:58 pm 

Dave the later years didnt have the problem. Im thinking 04 and after was fine.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:11 am 

I have switched over to the dark side.. I have been chasing the power to the dollar to time avail issue for awhile. I, probably like most of you Love the sound of a stroked out flat four with fat cam and high compression and race fuel, but with a family and having two little girls and a Honey do list the bank account would not let me afford that. I want to get in, turn the key, or push the button/flip the switch and go, come home wash it off and and be ready for the next adventure.
I called Shaun and ordered his combo kit, seemed like the best bang for the buck and my precious time. Yes you can go to the junk yard, pull and engine $6-800 with wire harness, but by the time you add your labor and time and with my lack of time to figure out what it really takes to get this thing to go vroom and scrounging in junk yards to find all the parts, this kit is really worth the money. I for one like to support new/local or start-up businesses as much as the next American.
I will start a build thread soon so that it may inspire another to do the same and to assist in the ease of doing the project. Once I get used to triple the HP I plan on putting a turbo set up from a Saab 9-3 that I bought off Craigslist (next year), though Shauns looks awsome.
I am coming from a stock 1600 3rib that I had turbo-ed at 5psi and run exclusively on propane, I can't wait for the adventure to begin. I am putting in the 2.4 with a 6rib.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:12 pm 

diamonddav wrote:
was wondering if the 2.4 has ever had the same issue with the 2.2 timing belt tensioner not getting oil? ive been reading up a bit on these and im trying to figure the best route to go with one. ican get a 2.2 for $400 but really dont want to buy something i immedately have to work on. do you guys do before selling or recomend replacing the timing belt? here is one link of the issue im talking about.http://chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/219345/

bluebuggy wrote:
Dave the later years didnt have the problem. Im thinking 04 and after was fine.

Bluebuggy is correct - that thread if for the 7X reluctor wheel engines IE; engines built PRE 2006 [and probably some transition year 2006 engines. We do bench test our engines along with leakdown and compression. Most, if not all, of AFI engines have less than 35K miles.

Hope this helps!

-Shaun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:44 pm 

BAJABUGNUT wrote:
I have switched over to the dark side.. I have been chasing the power to the dollar to time avail issue for awhile. I, probably like most of you Love the sound of a stroked out flat four with fat cam and high compression and race fuel, but with a family and having two little girls and a Honey do list the bank account would not let me afford that. I want to get in, turn the key, or push the button/flip the switch and go, come home wash it off and and be ready for the next adventure.
I called Shaun and ordered his combo kit, seemed like the best bang for the buck and my precious time. Yes you can go to the junk yard, pull and engine $6-800 with wire harness, but by the time you add your labor and time and with my lack of time to figure out what it really takes to get this thing to go vroom and scrounging in junk yards to find all the parts, this kit is really worth the money. I for one like to support new/local or start-up businesses as much as the next American.
I will start a build thread soon so that it may inspire another to do the same and to assist in the ease of doing the project. Once I get used to triple the HP I plan on putting a turbo set up from a Saab 9-3 that I bought off Craigslist (next year), though Shauns looks awsome.
I am coming from a stock 1600 3rib that I had turbo-ed at 5psi and run exclusively on propane, I can't wait for the adventure to begin. I am putting in the 2.4 with a 6rib.

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the support - you're going to love the power. Looking forward to your build!

-Shaun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:16 pm 

Thread updated as of 27 JAN!

Order now - these combo's are like hot cakes. I've got 6 more adapter plates in stock. Engines in stock. Harnesses & ECM's IN STOCK!

Our billet water necks also arrived! Get yours while they last.

Thanks for all the support. Come see us at the Michigan Buggy Builder Show!

Shaun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:19 pm 

Prices will go up $100 March 1st!

We've got engines, adapters, ECM's, turbo kits, and water necks IN STOCK - ready to go! Come see us at the Michigan Buggy Builder Show!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:31 pm 

When and where is the buggy show. I've been meaning to swing by your guys shop for a while now as my build is under way and hopefully coming to an end here before summer. I went with the 2.2 out of a grand am. I'll probably run this and if I can hopefully find a 2.4 down the road make the change and boost it.

How far are you guys from ikea area?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:46 pm 

Will there be any specials at the show?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:16 am 

blackoutt wrote:
When and where is the buggy show. I've been meaning to swing by your guys shop for a while now as my build is under way and hopefully coming to an end here before summer. I went with the 2.2 out of a grand am. I'll probably run this and if I can hopefully find a 2.4 down the road make the change and boost it.

How far are you guys from ikea area?

Some info on the show:

March 23 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lansing Convention Center, Lansing, MI.

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganBuggyBuilders?fref=ts

http://buggybuilders.com/

The 2.2 is a nice start. Make sure you check and re-check the timing chain. What is the zip?

ScramblerXLE wrote:
Will there be any specials at the show?

I'm going to have as many prepped engines there as I can - probably have 4-5. I'll have 4-5 swap kits ready to go + other cool stuff. I WILL be offering show only discounts - I don't plan to come home with any swap kits or engines lol.

-AFI

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Parts, Parts & More Parts