It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:37 am

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Parts, Parts & More Parts

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:05 pm 

Hello everyone,

It's time to move on from that leaking, expensive, and tired air-cooled VW motor! No longer are the days of expensive and complicated fuel injection motor systems! OEM reliable fuel injection systems are in REACH. Did you know that GM built over 4 million 2.4L LE5 Ecotecs from 2006 to 2009? That's right - over 4 MILLION.

So what does that mean to you, the customer? It means that finding a low mileage LE5 2.4L Ecotec is as easy as picking up the phone. It also means that the LE5 2.4L Ecotec offers you an EXTREME VALUE for your money. The term "Dime a Dozen" fits here nicely. Parts are affordable and readily available at your local Autozone or NAPA.

The LE5 is a larger 2.4 L—2,384 cc (145.5 cu in)—version of the Ecotec. Both the 88 mm (3.5 in) bore and 98 mm (3.9 in) stroke are larger, and Variable Valve Timing [VVT] on the intake and exhaust improve low-end torque. Compression is 10.4:1. Power is 164-177 hp (123-132 kW) and torque is 159-170 lb·ft (215-230 N·m). The engine uses a reinforced "Gen II" block. The LE5 is a true 175 HP out-of-the-box solution.

The 2.4L Ecotec is the motor of choice in off-road applications at AFI. Here is why:

* The cost difference between the 2.2L L61 is negligible.
* The 2.4L LE5 offers more displacement
* The 2.4L LE5 supports VVT
* The 2.4L LE5 supports Electronic Throttle Body
* The 2.4L LE5 uses the 'reinforced' GM GEN II block [the same block as the LSJ/LNF]
* The early production [2006-2007] 2.4L LE5's are BOOST READY w/ forged pistons, rods, & crankshafts
* The 2.4L LE5 has targeted oil jets to cool pistons
* The 2.4L LE5 has a higher flowing intake manifold [than the L61]
* The 2.4L LE5 uses 58X crankshaft position sensing
* The 2.4L LE5 uses digital crankshaft & camshaft position sensors
* The 2.4L LE5 uses an individual coil on plug ignition system
* The 2.4L LE5 uses the vastly superior 32-bit E67 ECM

Why buy an Ecotec from AFI? Here is why: AFI does all the work for you. All AFI Ecotec motors are bench-tested, professionally cleaned, prepped for your application, and guaranteed to give smiles in your BAJA, dunebuggy, or sandrail. AFI Ecotec's come with the following accessories.

* Intake manifold & Throttle Body
* Exhaust manifold w/ O2
* All electronic sensors [coils, cam sensors, knock sensor, VVT, etc.]
* Fuel rail & injectors

Basically - your motor will have everything you need to complete your swap. We can provide complete swap solutions including engine harnesses, ECM unlocking, ECM custom tuning, fuel systems, adapters, etc. Please see our other product listings. We typically do our motor, harness & ECM combo, adapter plate & flywheel for $2150.

Feel free to PM or email sales@alphafabindustries.com with questions!

Thanks,

-Shaun

Specializing in EFI systems engineering, design and tuning for the GM Ecotec Platform.

Last edited by Alpha Fab on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:36 pm 

PM sent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:44 pm 
BOTM Winner

If I did not have so much tied up in my Subaru Turbo Buggy this would be the route I would go.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:54 pm 
Master fabricator

Odyknuck wrote:
If I did not have so much tied up in my Subaru Turbo Buggy this would be the route I would go.

Same here, without a doubt.

G
A

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:58 pm 

MadMike wrote:
Odyknuck wrote:

X3...... I love superchargers!
You guys seen this yet http://youtu.be/k0c4V-ML9Fk

Posted using the WoodsBuggy Mobile App

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:13 am 

MadMike wrote:
Odyknuck wrote:

Psycho Alpha wrote:
MadMike wrote:
Odyknuck wrote:

X3...... I love superchargers!
You guys seen this yet http://youtu.be/k0c4V-ML9Fk

Posted using the WoodsBuggy Mobile App
Odyknuck wrote:

Stay tuned guys - I've got a bolt in turbo kit in the works. Well a couple actually, both small frame and large frame. Will include top mount IC, injectors, manifold, downpipe, IC piping, etc., and of course ECM calibration.

Specializing in EFI systems engineering, design and tuning for the GM Ecotec Platform.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:10 am 

I want to thank Trent & Ben for coming up my way to pick up some AFI goodies! It was a pleasure meeting you both and I look forward to seeing your build[s]!

More Ecotec's on the way.

[3] x Early version [2006/2007], boost ready, higher mileage under 60K: $800

[2] x Later version [2008+], low-boost ready, lower mileage under 30-40K: $800

Winter swap special: $2150 includes engine, harness, ECM, tune, adapter & flywheel.

These are going fast - Call or email w/ questions!

-Shaun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:25 pm 

All PM's, emails, and voicemails responded.

Thanks!

-Shaun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:14 am 

Alpha Fab wrote:
I want to thank Trent & Ben for coming up my way to pick up some AFI goodies! It was a pleasure meeting you both and I look forward to seeing your build[s]!

More Ecotec's on the way.

[3] x Early version [2006/2007], boost ready, higher mileage under 60K: $800

[2] x Later version [2008+], low-boost ready, lower mileage under 30-40K: $800

Winter swap special: $2150 includes engine, harness, ECM, tune, adapter & flywheel.

These are going fast - Call or email w/ questions!

-Shaun

Hi Everyone,

Cyber Monday Special! 10% off our LE5 2.4L swap packages! That's a savings of $215!

Cyber Monday swap special: $1935 includes engine, harness, ECM, tune, adapter, & flywheel!

-Shaun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:45 pm 
WB Contributor

! lOOKS LIKE THE WAY TO GO. I LIKE IT! WHO CAN LOOK INTO THE POSSIBILITY OF USING THE TRANS ASWELL? I JUST NOTICED THAT THIS POST WAS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF "BROKE VALVE SPRING,OIL RELIEF PROBLEM, SUPERFLOW INTAKE GASKET COMMON LEAK, NEED ANOTHER TRANS. WE ALL SHARE THESE EVERYDAY PROBLEMS. G.M. STANDS FOR GOOD MOVE! NO MORE CHINESE CHEESE! MR EMPI HAS 3 GRANDCHILDREN THAT MUST GET INTO YALE. HIS YACHT HAS 1 ENGINE PUTTING OUT 5 MORE HP THAN THE OTHER AND MUST HAVE IT FIXED. WHAT ABOUT A ECOTEC TO SOOB ADAPTER. OR A SOOB TRANS WITH THE ECHOTEC BEING A MID ENGINE?

Last edited by 2800passat on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:03 pm 

2800passat wrote:
! lOOKS LIKE THE WAY TO GO IF IT 'S NOT TOO HEAVY. WHO CAN LOOK INTO THE POSSIBILITY OF USING THE TRANS ASWELL?

A fully dressed 2.4L weighs 278 lbs... Maybe 40 lbs. or so more than a VW. However, when it comes to Power/Weight Ratio Ecotec wins. =)

-Shaun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:24 pm 

Not interested in the engines as I can buy them for half that but i am very interested in Turbo kits. Have you completed any? Dyno numbers? Cost? Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:46 pm 

what about supercharged. Is anyone doing that besides Terry F.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:21 pm 

bradley59dzl wrote:
Not interested in the engines as I can buy them for half that but i am very interested in Turbo kits. Have you completed any? Dyno numbers? Cost? Thanks

We understand folks can find these motors cheaper at local salvage yards. We encourage folks to do so. What we do at AFI is provide a value. Customers of AFI appreciate a known source, and above all else, appreciate a quality product. We go above and beyond, when you choose AFI you are getting:

1) Bench tested [compression & leakdown]
2) Known low mileage
3) Cleaned & race prepped
4) All un-needed accessories/sensors are removed
5) All needed sensors are present!
6) All things Ecotec experts

At any rate. Our turbo/SC kit development is coming along nicely; most will hopefully debut at the Michigan Buggy Builder show in March. Our Stage kits will entail everything needed IE; IC, injectors, tune, etc., so the development process has taken a bit. Our GT28 "Torque Monster" kits are pushing 240RWHP - 280RWHP on a mild tune and mild boost. Cost will range from ~ $2200 to $3400 depending on Stage. I'll see if I can dig up some development photos.

-Shaun

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Parts, Parts & More Parts