It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 pm

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Buggies 4 Sale

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WTB Woods Buggy ~$2500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:56 pm 

Alright, I don't have too much cash after taking a massive loss attempting to restore a 1988 Tecate. So, I'm definitely not looking for a project and it has to be complete and running. I'm really after a something for trail riding as I don't do much hill climbing and I would prefer the wheel base be less than 100".

I check craigslist and other classifieds consistently and I've already contacted a few people; but, if you or anyone you know has something let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:45 pm 
WB Contributor

get an ol s-10 2 door blazer! 4x4..irs front suspension...wheel wells are so big you can put 31" mudders under it (no lift kit needed), powerful 4.3 with auto. Me and Billy Vann had s-10 vs Cherokee jeep competition once at Fultondale on a hill called 1st gear. I went up it the 1st try. Billy made it on the 6th 0r 7th and over heated. Ask him what pulled his pick up out of Indian valley last year.. Ask Bobby Bell what got his buggy out from niga bridge when the Cherokees failed and left drive shafts all in the trail. The locals are amazed that I climb climb climb and never work on it. A narrow truck has playing room on a road where as a wider truck has no choice but to put a tire in wash outs. Long wheel base bottoms out. Too tall and you sway and can not defy gravity. And they ride soooo gooood with irs and busted shocks . Watch a Cherokee full of people. Their heads hit each other , the window, the beer cooler constantly sloshes. S-10 just ___________________________ . Bust the glass out and remove doors if you want a buggy! OH! you open the back hatch on a Cherokee and all all yer $hi+ rolls out! I HATE junk jeeps! lol And most have that ol common lifter rattle. My s-10 odometer is stuck at 395K miles and still going. When it does die I will sell the carcass for $300 scrap and put the wheels and air freshner on the next one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:12 pm 

Man, honestly, I didn't understand 80% of what you are talking about. All I got from that was S10 Blazer, 4x4, and beers. I'm just after a rail buggy that's setup for trails. Thanks though?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:13 pm 

Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:34 pm 
WB Contributor

I was telling you about the best bang for your buck! lol I have a yard full of $10k buggies and an s-10 is like a sore d!k. You can't beat it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:56 pm 
WB Contributor

dont mind passat, half of us only understand 50% of what he says :lol: a correct response would be, welcome to the site and we hope you have a little knowledge as to what your looking at, cause your not gonna get to much in that price range.if you have any questions we'll gladly help you out though. heres one you might want to consider though, it at least has cnc pedals, cutter brakes and looks like it has disc brakes ,maybe even aftermarket arms, cant really tell from the pics. good luck in your search man .http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/4347909503.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:04 pm 
WB Contributor

heres another link with more pics.http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/sno/4337792610.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:10 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I didn't have much to spend when I bought mine either. But if you find one with a title you can take out an auto loan on it. 3 year loan on $5k isn't to bad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:54 am 
WB Contributor

OK let me put it to the new guy this way...I'm sorry for trying to tell you humorously a great cheap way to go. Join the others. Eventually migrate thru the years with buggies and have 18 pistons and cylinders laying around 3 sets of heads 9 tires 2 headers 3 cranks with dowel pegs wo out, 2 lbs of oil pumps, stripped timing gears, and a pile of transmissions a show dog can't jump. Or just hit the S-10 with the hose and be done with it. Oh... And save up and buy a house right out side of the trail entrance. No trailers, dui's. I save up to 3 hours a ride by not loading up, driving , unloading and then the reverse that evening. Run home to get a part, food or toilet. Trail ride thru out the week. To keep from trailering , I've stuffed trucks out in the dense woods for years and all I had to do was bring a gas jug and pull the camo tarp off. Or just paint it camo with house paint.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:02 am 

Thanks for everything guys, I completely understand that my budget is a limiting factor. However, I've watched the market and I know there are a few that pop-up within my range. I'm not looking for anyone to hold my hand and search for me. As I've stated I already know what I want and I have been actively searching and contacting sources. I'm simply trying to expand my search and see if anyone on here has anything that's not already listed on Craigslist or other public classifieds.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:01 pm 

May pick up a roller and get your own trans and motor. I would say you would come out better that way with knowing what you have.

However I did get my buggy off CL about 3 years ago with a buggy title dp 1600 and 3rib for 1400 so you may get a deal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:15 pm 

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bar/4373954327.html

Sent from my iPhone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:19 pm 

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/sno/4284998684.html

Sent from my iPhone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:22 pm 

http://morgantown.craigslist.org/wan/4336440797.html $2500 and comes with another buggy

Sent from my iPhone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:12 pm 

what is the Tecate a trike or quad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:58 pm 

It's an 88 quad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:46 am 

heres a great deal if your still looking for a buggy..check it out
http://muncie.craigslist.org/cto/4387808330.html

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Buggies 4 Sale