It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:24 am

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Buggies 4 Sale

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:52 pm 

I am looking for a toy/project. Prefer a 4-seater so my kids could ride but would buy a 2-seater if the right deal came around. I’d like an air-cooled VW power plant and bus trans. – or no motor and I will build one myself. I am not looking for a POS but I am willing to work on some minor things. My 2 hurdles are this: 1.) I am in Michigan and at the moment do not have a trailer so it needs to be local, or you would have to deliver. 2.) I don’t have a ton of money so I have to buy at a good deal. Thought I’d throw this out there and see if anyone on here has something they want to sell. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:25 pm 
WB Contributor

I think you need to look around, try Craig's List, TheSamba, and keep an eye out here. Buggies vary in price build quality and the amount of tlc they require. If you are in the area of a good shop you can check their bulletin boards and some like Souther Buggies even build custom Chassis for reasonable prices. When you buy a project completed often you will spend more in time and money than if you built it. Just my humble opinion. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:56 pm 

red is rite... alot of ''built'' buggies that end up being basket cases and then there are some really smokin deals out there. best advice i can give is do your homework.. know what your looking at when you see it, and keep up with parts are going for.. do that and you can get into a good ride at a good price 8)

Save a tree... eat a Beaver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:04 am 

i agree with the last two opinions: a project that is "cheap" most often only seems that way in the beginnng. having went both routes i can tell you that you will almost def be better of buying a turn key buggy. i have built many projects in many diffferent mechanical "fields" and its always cheaper to let someone else spend the money and time to build it and then buy it for half what they have in it. ive been on both sides of this.

and like the others precluded to: all buggies are not equal. the build quality, attention to detail, fit and finish, and time taken to do something right has to come into play somewhere. ive seen alot of guys spend alot of money and great parts and end up with a pile of junk because what they bought just didnt work well together or the plan was executed poorly.

most of the time....YOU PAY LESS....YOU GET LESS....(most of the time)

theres a reason why some buggies are 2000 dollars and some are 10,000 when to the untrained eye they look basically the same.

IMO ......what i would call a "good" buggy that is a late model build (not vintage) has good parts and isnt wore out or beat to death is gonna run 3500-4500 dollars. but im more picky about my stuff than most.

you can spend less...you can spend more....but generally this is what you are going to pay for a quality ride that has good capabilities, is reliable, and looks nice.

FYI: i have a practically new buggy for sale at a good price if your interested....

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Buggies 4 Sale