It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 pm

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Buggies 4 Sale

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Price Ruduction, 7200.00
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 pm 

This is one of best buys you will ever see, and you may never see a deal like this again. We started asking $15,000 for this package, which included a brand new dune buggy, a matching balanced trailer, and many extra parts. We’ve tested and tuned it ourselves, and it’s more enjoyable to drive. It may be the strongest buggy that you could possibly build, from the Porsche 930 CV’s and axles to the home made trailing arms. Everything from the tie rods and ends has been welded with gussets, along with every area of the frame itself. Here are some things it’s got to offer: an excellent running 2332 with a complete Weddle aftermarket geared transaxle that has nothing but all aftermarket racing parts in it, a maximum of 10 hours running time, a custom trailer specially built and balanced with a storage compartment to carry extra parts/tools, everything is new, and the price has been reduced from $15,000 to $7200.00! Don’t let the price scare you away! If you are serious about building a buggy like this one, you will have at least that much in it just in parts, if not more, not to mention the hours of labor and hard work that would be put into it. We are located in the Bellaire, Ohio area and would be glad to offer directions for anyone interested in buying. Once you come take a ride in this machine, you will know what a deal you this is. You can reach us at 740-671-3856 or 304-218-9562. Please leave a message if there is no answer, and we will get back to you. :P :P :P

Also you can reach us at btofffroad@zippytech.com.

PS, Full size pics are just a few pages down from this original add. We are going to take more recent ones in the next few days of the whole package which includes a custom trailer and tons of extra parts that go with it.

Robin Bowen

Last edited by jimmyb on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:42 pm 

can i see some pics at derrylcregar@yahoo.com and how is the trans geared from ring and pinion and first through fourth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:00 pm 

Can you post pics? If not email me some? cooksey_culligan@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:37 pm 
WB Contributor

yea some pics would be helpful jc88152002@yahoo.com please

Post subject: price ruduction 7200.00
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:34 am 

hello guys

Since we are getting so many questions and calls I will try to answer all of them with one post. This buggy is geared like no other. It has an 091 transaxle with all Weddle aftermarket parts except the German Ring and pinion that comes with a six tooth pinion gear that is made to out last any other ring and pinion on the market. This particular ring and pinion set only comes in 550 to 1 and 483 to 1 ratios. We have been specializing in transaxle building for 20 years now and chances are the transaxle you are running in you dune buggy has been here at our shop one time or another over time. the gearing is setup for maximum hill climbing capability and also drive-ability on the tight trails and even will not become gear bound at high speeds either. you really must come and drive it to really get the full picture on how this car runs. It has a very good running Brand new 2332 Engine. When the car was built it had a 1915 in it but was just not enough. It it also made of all non rusting materials like aluminum, Titanium, Stainless and Acrylic Urethane Paint. It is definitely the strongest built car we have ever done to date and will be the last one we do because of my failing health.

you can reach us at 740-671-3856 -- 304-218-9562 -- or email us at btoffroad@zippytech.com

Robin Bowen

Last edited by jimmyb on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:32 am 

You are killing me! You expect someone to make a $7200.00 decision on that pic?! Email them to someone that can post them at normal size so we can see this thing!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:55 pm 

what is titanium on this buggy ????

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 pm 

if you spent half the time you spent typing that paragraph and instead taking pictures, you would probably have it sold

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:56 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

yeah better pics will help but i would like to know more about that tranny, ive heard of richmond, weddle, mendeola, albins, fortin, erco, pbs, and ftc trannys and gears for a vw but never dennon, and as far as i know is it not the "ratio" (for lack of a better explanation) of the r&p that would determine the 6 tooth pinion and not the brand name :?

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:35 am 

Go Big Or Go Home wrote:
You are killing me! You expect someone to make a 7200.00 decision on that pic?! Email them to someone that can post them at normal size so we can see this thing!

I am very sorry about the lack of pictures for my add but I have been having trouble getting more than one to download to the add. If you would send me your email address I would be happy to send you as many pics as you like. I really didn't think that an item such as this would sell based on a picture anyway. I really feel that it will sell itself when someone gets to see it and drive it person. Again I am very sorry to have caused any frustration to anyone.

Pics are right below this add!!!!!!

you can contact me at btoffroad@zippytech.com

740-671-3856
Thanks
Jim

Robin Bowen

Last edited by jimmyb on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:10 pm 
BOTM Winner

Well, you figured wrong. As the old saying goes "A picture speaks a thousand words". You will get very few people interested in coming to drive this Buggy , let alone take the time out of their day to drive the distance without seeing pics first especially with the advent of this new invention called the INTERNET!. I sure the hell know i would not. I am sure I speak for most! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:42 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

send pics to ridenrace6@yahoo.com and i will post them for you

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:15 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

here ya go

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:58 am 

If there is anyone on this site even remotely interested in this buggy please contact me as soon as possible. I also have it on many other sites also and the response looks promising. Of course I would rather keep it in the woodsbuggy family seeing that it was made for woods not dunes. If you would like speak with me directly. My number is 304-218-9562.

Must sell -- It breaks our hearts to sell this car at this price but with Jim's health failing we must sell it at this time.

Thanks

Thanks

Jim /

Robin Bowen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:22 pm 

OMG, I can not believe your buggy has not been picked up. This buggy handles it all the trails, hills any thing it is a beast. I've riden in this buggy the power is unreal. Jim ran a tranny/motor rebuild shop and done excellent work. He always helped me on my buggy whenever I could go down from Canton. The asking price is NOT an issue it is a STEAL, you get everything he's got.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:34 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Is that a MSD sticker on the back because it does not look like a MSD distributor?

This is a very clean and good lucking buggy but I do not see a lot of upgrades. Maybe I missed the details when I read the post but for $7200 I would expect some additional upgrades.. (Hydrologic Clutch, Cutting Brakes, 4 wheel disc brakes, 3x3 arms, Dual Carbs, MSD inginition box, MSD distributor, upgraded shocks, Aluminum wheels, etc.. )

In addition, I would rather buy a buggy that has a few months on it.. With everything so new, there is a lot of risk in buying this buggy. Unless you are going to warranty the engine and trans. If an engine or trans is going to fail, it will normally fail in the first few rides or it will last for a few seasons.

Just my 2 cents..

Board index » Buy Sell Trade » Buggies 4 Sale