All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:53 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

nothing crazy just messing around at bombdrop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH7IPvGaNW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6SxWaUKAz8

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 am 

HAD A BLAST CHASING EVERYONE AROUND NEW YEARS DAY :mrgreen: ONE DAY MY BUGGY WILL GROW UP!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:31 pm 
WB Contributor

Great! thanks for posting! I remember back in about '89 or '90 the gas company dug all that dirt out of there and piled it right where you land at, except it was about 25 ft taller. They had extensive work going on in that Mt busby valley we called "Tractor Tire" because of that giant tire they left behind over to the side. The hill stayed 25 ft extra tall for a few months and it was tough climbing that gas line hill that steep. After the gas company finished their new pipe installation they pushed most of all that fresh dirt down the hill to cover up their pipe. B4 they left they planted about 500 "year old" saplings for erosion purposes at the bottom of Bomb Drop. Then about'98 me a girl cut all afternoon on a couple of weekdays on the now "10 year old" trees., including the short road going down into there. I remember the Cassidy boys helping on Saturday. Later I cut a dense road going from there down into the valley b4 the swamp came caused by the new interstate work. I have a 1941 aerial photogragh of that place that you can print off the computer. Go to Aerial photos of Alabama then click Jefferson Co. then Fultondale 1941. It shows a big farm house where the old "Garage" camp used to be. Click on Acipcoville and you can see Wendy Mtn in 1949 and see all the old mining operations and the same with Coalburg. That place was saturated in mines. Republic had a grid of mines from Flying J to Adkins Grocery and all under Shady Grove. In 1943 46 miners were killed in an explosion rt behind Adkins Gro. near 5 mile creek. Grass hill had a railroad at the bottom in the '20s and there was another at Smokey Falls and a spur line to Wendy.I can show about a dozen concrete or stone structures thru out the woods if you hike. Those mines go back to the 1880's. Oh ..that lake at the bottom of Swamp Hill or Beaver Dam. (Billy Vann was always good at changing names, lol ) The same gas company project damed that lake up so they could lay pipe at Mt. Busby. But the beavers have up keeped it since. Well, that's your history lesson for today.lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:39 pm 

THANKS FOR THE HISTORY LESSON DD THE ARIEL SHOT HELP ME PICTURE IT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 am 

I think DD would have made a great history teacher his the only person I know who can give you a history lesson while drinking a beer

Posted using the WoodsBuggy Mobile App

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:23 am 

And thats not a bad thing

Sent from my LG-L40G using WoodsBuggy mobile app

Board index » General » Pictures and Videos