It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:08 pm

Board index » General » Pictures and Videos

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:02 pm 

Been spending more than enough time after/before work out in the garage here lately, nothing special by any means but it's came long way from when I got it. Spent majority of time RE-wiring pretty much entire thing front to rear, Adding relays, wired in oil & charging indicator lights, puttin in the new oil pressure & oil temp gauges, backup lights, and spending lot of time trying to "Tidy" up engine bay a bit. Air bagged the rear, Added external oil cooler and full flow system, put the new(er) motor on, put new chrome engine tin & cylinder tins, new electric fuel pump, new diamond plate tool box, fabbed up diamond plate console, swapped out old cutters for set of CNC's, added 2 front & 2 rear 27w LED flood lights that are a little over 2000 lumen a piece. Put new roll bar padding, new seat covers & 5pt harness, new spun aluminum fuel tank, new SCAT shifter (worth every penny!). All in all I've spent a few dollars and several hours but I'm not near done yet. Actually waitin on more parts to come in...Got a set of Weld beadlocks I'm waiting on adapters for, and got new exhaust on the way. Be nice if it weren't 30 F'n degrees out side so a man could get some enjoyment out of it!!! :evil: Wish I had some before pics of it before I started on it, but heres pretty much how it sits now. Shoulda took pics before goin out and beatin on it out in the mud today....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:31 am 

well I finished my new diamond plate dash up last night and got the new flush mount "angel eye" LED lighted switches in along with relays. Got email from Drews offroad sayin that the shipping was a little delayed and that my adapters were gonna be shipped tuesday. So hopefully thursday I'll have the welds on. Do any of you all have issues with beadlocks as far as staying aired up?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:15 am 

Did you silicone where the wheel was welded together at on the inside? Even on new wheels the welds aren't always perfect. And I like the box that goes around the cutter brakes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:49 pm 

naw I haven't done anything to the wheels yet. so I need to silicone where the wheel is put together? I'll check it out and see how it looks. I've still gotta take tires thats on my buggy and break em down to put on these welds. The welds had tires on them but like usual I was financially embarrassed and couldn't swing em both... :x the diamond plate lil box around turning brakes & shifter was just something I made at work pretty much killin time. I would have bought one of those consoles that EMPI or whoever makes but just couldn't see how I'd made it fit really. I took another pic or two of the new dash assembly I put together I'll post shortly. Thinking bout getting some of those K4 engraved indicator lights, anyone running them?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:08 pm 

Here's how my dash was before...

And this is how I re-did it. Before, there was only 1 fuse on the ENTIRE buggy... When I redid it I put relays on fuel pump/lights.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:21 pm 

and snapped a few of the LED floodlights I put on it front & rear... Hard to tell how bright they really are sittin in the garage, prob would have shown a lil better outside but it's cold as hell!! They're waterproof and tougher than shi*t, little over 2000 lumen a piece and draw only 2 amp running them 12v. I used these same ones on a boat wiring them up 24v and they only draw litle over 1 amp. Well worth the price if you do much night riding

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:31 am 

Lookin good buddy keep it up :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Board index » General » Pictures and Videos