It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Board index » General » Pictures and Videos

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Chaindrive Buggys
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:42 pm 

I'm getting more and more interested in the chaindrives here lately. There just isn't a lot about them on the internet. A few old vids and a picture every now and again. Curt's site says the domain is for sale. Is this gonna be a dying breed or do ppl still ride them? If you have any info or pics or vids I'd like to see them. Thanks for your time.

Post subject: Re: Chaindrive Buggys
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:47 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I to would like to see more build pics and for sure would love to see a build of curts single seater.there is a few pics and videos on here just got to search the archives for them.Rocks probably got a bunch if he'd just post them :shock: ,lol.but maybe this will get some new stuff,maybe some
Of them top secret pics we just here about.I know rocks built a bunch of them but the pics are kinda like bigfoot you here about them but NEVER see them,lol.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:15 pm 

chaindrives are few and far between but there are still a few around..kevin thomas here in bama has really gotten in to them the last few years and like gasman said, ole rock has had several through the years. they are awesome machines and will climb jus about anything you point it at, jus limited riding for them...what would be a serious hill for a conventional buggy, a chaindrive can stop in the middle of it and then take back off with ease

Save a tree... eat a Beaver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:52 pm 

first off I'm new to the forum but i bought a chaindrive a couple months back and i freaking love it. I use to ride rails alot but been into rock buggies for the last 12 years. I bought this one in covington georgia and i got to say i would put it up against some of the best 4x4 buggies. I can't believe how it climbs. took it to stoney lonesome the first weekend i got it and had a blast.
last hill i hit at stoney

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:04 pm 

thats awesome dude..where you from? back in the day, there would be 15 or 20 CDs show and ride fultondale 3 days straight. not takin away from what TC done on the bounty hill, but that is a bump in the road for what i have seen kevin t take his CD up...saw kevin climb a mountain of a hill and then clear the 15 foor vertical wall on top :shock: :shock: with little more than spinning a tire jus for thrills :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:27 pm 

I'm from Jasper, AL. yea man i'm freaked out how it climbs. i've spent big money on lots of rock buggies and have already done stuff in this i couldn't in them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:52 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

yea their bad buggies i cant wait to get me one and i will have one one day lol i hope soon might start saving up for one bring the crowd of chain drives back :mrgreen:

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:10 pm 

jasper?! you right down the road from fultondale...that is a CDs playground!! PM me your number, next time we go i will hit you up, youll love it out there

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:23 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

here is curts latest site, that i know of at least, should be able to get up with him on there about anything chaindrive and like reno said kevin thomas is the go to man here in bama on chaindrives as far as i know 8)

http://www.rail-buggy.com/forum.php?s=9 ... c933d52d5b

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Had this one a while back .It is a nice buggy Stacy Belcher built it in Chulavista Al .You got it off my buddy Todd (BIRD)
wookthedook wrote:
first off I'm new to the forum but i bought a chaindrive a couple months back and i freaking love it. I use to ride rails alot but been into rock buggies for the last 12 years. I bought this one in covington georgia and i got to say i would put it up against some of the best 4x4 buggies. I can't believe how it climbs. took it to stoney lonesome the first weekend i got it and had a blast.
last hill i hit at stoney

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:45 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

It needed a auto trany and a Turbo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:55 pm 

I've got the motor u need for that duel propane with turbo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:06 pm 

I've talked with kevin t. about building me one. He said I need a donor CD to keep cost down and just to make it easier. I'm gonna go ahead and tell ya I'm gonna be greedy with this build. Not piecing junk together. I want efi V8, A arm front end, Jimmy Smith looking crazy chaindrive. :twisted: I want all the bells and whistles. Been saving up for years. I'm not quit there yet but when it happens I'll make sure all the bigfoot pics are released. :shock: Also Richard from clanton is building one I hear is gonna be cool. I'd like to see his too. thanks for the link ridenrace6. Keeps the Pics coming.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

wookthedook wrote:
I'm from Jasper, AL. yea man i'm freaked out how it climbs. i've spent big money on lots of rock buggies and have already done stuff in this i couldn't in them.

yea until youve jumped the fence its hard to beleive whats on the other side.the 4x4 guys have some wicked machines and can go places thats hard for us to go.but flat out straight up climbing i cant see them keeping up.nice buggy glad to hear a 4x4 guy give an honest opinion. chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:53 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Quote:
I've talked with kevin t. about building me one. He said I need a donor CD to keep cost down and just to make it easier. I'm gonna go ahead and tell ya I'm gonna be greedy with this build. Not piecing junk together. I want efi V8, A arm front end, Jimmy Smith looking crazy chaindrive. :twisted: I want all the bells and whistles. Been saving up for years. I'm not quit there yet but when it happens I'll make sure all the bigfoot pics are released. :shock: Also Richard from clanton is building one I hear is gonna be cool. I'd like to see his too. thanks for the link ridenrace6. Keeps the Pics coming.

yea i really want one i think ima start saving up and getting a start on one myself once i start my job i just wanna buy one done and rdy for a start and change it up how i want

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:53 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

CD the buggy you got now Jesse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:05 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

would the frame not be to small most chain drives that are done right are big

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:06 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

if i do one i want it right not a mix of chain drive ans conventional buggy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:28 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

The thing about a crazy looking Jimmy Smith buggy is it's too heavy you thinking rock bouncer. And I would rather have a v6 turbo than a V8 anyday.You can get the same HP with a lot less weight.But what do I know :roll:
jneese9125 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 pm 

I know what ya mean Rock. I just know there is a way to make a chaindrive look good and break away from the typical straight lines buggy. I've had 5 different frames so far in my buggy ventures. I could have bought anyone of them the day i was born. That's how old the frames are we ride. I mean i understand I'm only 28 but I ran into the guy that welded my high top invader together when it was new. He said yeah son I built that buggy in 1983 and it looked a lot better when i had it. lol... I was born in 83. Just saying this sport needs some new publicity and some new gen frames. Maybe a rolled tube frame like a coleworx buggy but in a dune buggy application would get something started. And i agree 100% about less weight with same power. like a new cobalt ss motor or camaro or mustang V6. Screaming little motors but ya gotta love the waaa poww of a V8. I dunno what to do. I just refuse to pay 17 to 20 grand for a decked out 900 xp like the rest of the world when i know there is a man out there that can turn 17 to 20 grand into the baddest chaindrive anyones every seen. Jordan Tanner pulled screamin 2 up beside my junk and said he always wanted to build a buggy like mine. Maybe we could get some of the high roller 4x4 guys in it and bring some new ideas and new publicity to the sport. I dunno. I just know the feeling at the top of a hill when your thinking oh s**t and some how it makes it over the top. I want that feeling all the time and i want it in 2 wheel drive please. AND RAMBLING STATEMENT OF THE YEAR GOES TOO.... I'll Take It!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:34 pm 
Global moderator

jneese9125 wrote:
I know what ya mean Rock. I just know there is a way to make a chaindrive look good and break away from the typical straight lines buggy. I've had 5 different frames so far in my buggy ventures. I could have bought anyone of them the day i was born. That's how old the frames are we ride. I mean i understand I'm only 28 but I ran into the guy that welded my high top invader together when it was new. He said yeah son I built that buggy in 1983 and it looked a lot better when i had it. lol... I was born in 83. Just saying this sport needs some new publicity and some new gen frames. Maybe a rolled tube frame like a coleworx buggy but in a dune buggy application would get something started. And i agree 100% about less weight with same power. like a new cobalt ss motor or camaro or mustang V6. Screaming little motors but ya gotta love the waaa poww of a V8. I dunno what to do. I just refuse to pay 17 to 20 grand for a decked out 900 xp like the rest of the world when i know there is a man out there that can turn 17 to 20 grand into the baddest chaindrive anyones every seen. Jordan Tanner pulled screamin 2 up beside my junk and said he always wanted to build a buggy like mine. Maybe we could get some of the high roller 4x4 guys in it and bring some new ideas and new publicity to the sport. I dunno. I just know the feeling at the top of a hill when your thinking oh s**t and some how it makes it over the top. I want that feeling all the time and i want it in 2 wheel drive please. AND RAMBLING STATEMENT OF THE YEAR GOES TOO.... I'll Take It!

I'd love to see your dream come true. Do it before someone else does

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:12 pm 
WB Contributor

jneese9125 wrote:

jason,
have you been drinking again ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
hell you'd just get drunk in it and pass out while me , kevin & bebo , go out and look for you for hours , OH i forgot wilborns is closed !!! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:22 pm 

I do what I can Ronald! lol Just ready for a change. I sold my Momma Tried buggy yesterday. Want something different. Just don't wanna get over to the 4x4's yet. I love it when they have all kind of trouble and then i make it look easy in 2 wheel drive. Makes my day. :lol: I'd love to try a chaindrive for a while but it's like pulling teeth just trying to get some info or pictures of them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:59 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

There easy to get pict just call Mr Burns at CDR he will build you anything you want . If you got the cash he will make you go Fast. And he will style it anyway you want.But IT ain't cheep.There again neither is a Jimmy Smith buggy.If I had the cash to plop down on a ride it would be a CD befor a rock bouncer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:57 pm 

Thanks Rock. You've got a lot more experience in it than i do. I'll try to get in touch with Mr. Burns. I know there is no set price on a CD because the sky's the limit but you've built a few. What's the ball park on an average CD build without motor cause the motor could range 400 to 4000. Too big a variable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » General » Pictures and Videos