It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:29 am 

Hey guys Im new here and I wanted to post up my thoughts on the rancho 9000s that I installed on my buggy. Im running a heavier buggy with a the all steel 2.3l turbo engine. I have 3x2 tube arms out back with torsions. I bought these shocks for 160 shipped to get by since my old ones that came on my buggy were shot(sh@T). To get me by until I eventually go with racerunner airs.

The shocks are the longest they come in, I think mine are 32 inch extended and 19 collapsed. From my past experience with cheap shocks it seemed like they were always either way too soft or way too hard. I liked the adjustability with these and I read that the adjustment really does work.

Anyways these shocks do very well. The adjustment stiffens them up way more than I thought it would. Just turn the dial and they will get about 3 times as stiff. They heated up to a bit above warm the first couple of rides but I think they needed broken in a bit and I wasn't at all taking it easy the first ride or two. They are very easy to adjust, the only real downfall is that they have to be mounted upside down or the adjustment doesn't seem to do much.

I would recommend them to others who don't want to spend 500 on air shocks and another 200 on a n02 tank.

Don't buy a pair of non adjustable shocks for 130 just get these. I'll post pics of mine soon.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis