It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:10 pm 

I have been looking at the fox 2.0 air shocks for the rear and front of my buggy ....what is the good and the bad of these shocks looking for input ????? here is a older video of the buggy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC782Mk_AAI#t=17

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:20 pm 

i have the sway-a-way race runner 2.0 air shocks on the back of my buggy and have not had a problem out of them. people say that they tend to fade if you really work them but i have not noticed it. i also am getting ready to get rid of my front torsion and install these on the front, the rear torsion has already been removed and it rides like its on a cloud of air. It also climbs great with these on it better than it did with the stock torsions. It dose take a little tuning to get everything dialed in right with the shock pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:33 pm 

I am running 2.0 Sway A Ways on mine and have had no trouble out of them yet. Everybody says they will loose air after a while but mine have not. I am running a Honda 3.2 motor a little heavier than a VW. no torsions front or rear. The ride is very nice. look up GOT HONDA in builds.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:25 pm 
WB Contributor

If your still running torsion the air shocks will work well. No torsion I would go with coil over fox 2.5

Posted using the WoodsBuggy Mobile App

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:54 pm 

If you have ever had a buggy with air bags then you would not ever think of running air shocks.
Good Luck
Kenric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:35 am 
WB Contributor

kvw wrote:
If you have ever had a buggy with air bags then you would not ever think of running air shocks.
Good Luck
Kenric

x2 you cant beat the price or the ride...love my airbags, but i would like some info on foxs for the front(king pin) as an option, running some junk on the front now....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:56 am 

I don't have rear or front torsions in mine. my buggy weights 1800lb. I have been running the buggy for 4 to 5 years now and have not had to touch my 2.0 air shocks. Everybody tried to tell me they would never work. Told me to run coilovers. But like i said no problems out of my air shocks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:42 pm 

It how they are tuned. There are several ways do dial in air shocks . Valving... how much oil... nitogen .. now the same goes for coilovers . U have spring rates . And valving. I've. Had several sets of king coilovers with remote resi. And after fighting them for about 2yrs I finally have them pretty much dialed in . And its a super nice soft ride they soak it all up all day. I have not ran air shocks I can't tell u much about them . And downsouthmotosports is the only place I will deal with they know there shit. Downsouth is one of the worlds largest supplier of king and fox shocks. I asked them since they sell both king or fox . They said king is the best. I love my kings on my buggy . And I also know a few guys that have airbags and love them also. Pm me if u have ?s about coilovers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:48 pm 

Almost sure i'm going with the fox 2.5 sway away on the rear and 2.0 on the front ....almost sure :?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:58 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I am looking at the ORI Shocks.. They claim to have no body roll, and you can set your ride height independent of your shock resistance. They also have have internal bump stomps and full extension limits.

My biggest issue with the Fox 2.0 is the body roll on the road. I could load up more air but then I would have a rougher ride.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:08 pm 

MickeyMouse wrote:
I am looking at the ORI Shocks.. They claim to have no body roll, and you can set your ride height independent of your shock resistance. They also have have internal bump stomps and full extension limits.

My biggest issue with the Fox 2.0 is the body roll on the road. I could load up more air but then I would have a rougher ride.

You got my att..... Where can you buy these shocks ? or have you got any info ? were your fox 2.0 sway away they hold a 1000 ibs per shock.... The reg. 2.0 only holds 550 lbs per shock from what i have read anyway .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:27 pm 

I was curious too, so I goggled them. They hold 1300lbs and everything I've read about them was very positive.
http://www.filthymotorsports.com/ORI_ST ... ri-stx.htm
The video on bottom of that link is sweet!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:50 pm 

Fox air shocks are like buying a TV from the salvation army sure it works but for how long. Spend the money and get coilovers. From king

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:56 pm 

I know guys that have been running the same 2.0's for atleast 5 years and ride no kidding every weekend. Probably atleast 100 miles. Love them and have never had trouble. They mainly trail ride at east lynn. Smitty can vouch for this
That is why I went that route and alot lighter than a coilover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:35 am 

I like fox shocks. As for how long they last only time will tell.
As for any hi dollar shock you can rebuild when they do go bad.
As for the ride there is a night and day difference from the monroe shocks I had before. My front end is like its riding on air :lol: . The front eats up the bumps with no problems at all. I did notice the leaning in the turns on the first few rides but not any more, so I guess I got use to it.
The only problem is now when I get the rear done I am going to get 2-1/2". Probably air bags and 2-1/2 fox shocks. $$$
If it leans to much I thinking about a swaybar that I can disconnect when not wanted.
Norm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:09 pm 

well it all depends on what you want out of your buggy.torsion bars are 60 year old technology no matter what shocks you put on them its only going to do so much and are not going to get the best of both worlds as far as street to woods ride . but if you go air bags with torsion eliminators plus a good shock you ride is just about unlimited in what you want to do

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:09 pm 

Close the bleed off a little in the piston and you won't notice the roll up front as much. Or run a thicker first shim on the compression side.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis