It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:21 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:31 pm 

I've been covered up here lately trying to fix other things and have been running without shocks since airbagging mine around x-mas time. Moneys been tight and finally scraped up enough to get some shocks. Found some Pro-Comp shocks online new for about $70 for the pair. Main reason I haven't been in hurry to fab shock mounts is due to how little room I have to work with on my stock arms. Was just gonna wait till I could get a set of 2x3's but it was looking like it would be pretty late in year before I could afford a good set. Anyways....shocks have little over 11in of travel and I wish I had bit down and got some shocks when I first put the bags on. Rode like a pogo stick these past 6 months and I had gotten used to it pretty much. Couldn't hit anything real hard cause it would literally bounce you out of the seat. All I've got left to buy and install now is my limit straps. I've been relying on the factory spring plate stops (I know I know not real smart...), could be why I had trouble breaking CV's a few weeks back...I don't have much room on either side of shock and so far they have just barely touchd inside of tires. gotta finish bracing shock boss tonight but I think they'll hold up once I weld gussett in. threaded shock bosses here at work on lathe. Next investment is gonna be a harbor freight tubing notcher!! Woulda saved me quite bit of time!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 pm 

Don't know why it posted this 3 times??

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis