It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:25 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:37 pm 

Guys, I need to take a measurement... the below is all I have to go off of... Can someone help me out with a pic or a better description so I can measure??

He said:
If you put a meauring tape in from the end of the torsion housing to the first pivot clip you can reach, and give me the measurment from that tab to the crack between the end of the torsion housing casting and the steel cap. It shoul be around 14 inches and change. There are two styles of bus torsion housings and it all has to do with where they welded the pivot clips onto the torsion housing tube. There is about an inch difference between the two types.

Is he referring to the trailing arm mount on the torsion housing?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:14 pm 

You should be able to put what ever torsion u want in I had the short torsion and kept breaking it so I put the longer torsion in which allows it to twist more you just have to buy new spring plates not very expensive and worth upgrading to

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:24 pm 

this is a measurement for some arms being made (Avery's dual pivot arms for bus torsion)... I am removing the torsion bars and using the eliminators (working twords coil overs)... just another step in my build... curently I have a mess to deal with, the PO welded up disk brake tabs crooked and fabbed up a criiked shock mount... Also he left part of teh frame connected to the torsion housing and didnt cut the frame horns off... All another story... going to take me a while... but working on it is my fav. part ;) just not the money going out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:08 pm 

Sorry I miss read ur post yes he talking about the torsion tab trailing arm tab which ever you want to call it. Keep up the upgrades and post some pics.

Board index » Tech and Fab » Suspension and Chassis