It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 am

Board index » Blogs » Perrib's Place

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fox Shock test
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:36 pm 

Lee at Race Shock rebuilt and revalved a pair of Fox Shocks he had taken in on trade. They were done in one day.
My grandson and I picked up my rebuilt Fox shocks from Lee at Race Shock in Phoenix at 25th St and Shea yesterday. We installed them and drove Shea out to the Beeline to the Probocito Entrance and put the shocks to a six hour test at the Rolls and Lower Sycamore. I noticed the pipe fence there is coming along. As a menber of Tonto Recreation Alliance I cut all the uprights for the fence. The Alliance has been working closely with the Forestry Service to keep as many trails s possible open in the Tonto Forest. The new entrance to Lower Sycamore is also cut in. It will be paved. There will be a kids/ beginners area built adjacent to it.

It is directly opposite one of my favorite erosion ditches. Unfortuantely the rain has mellowed this one out a little.
The rebuilt Fox Shocks work great. This is at cove 2. #1has an abandoned Ford Ranger pickup with all the windows broken out but not burned, yet. It is hard to tell a clean up was just done there a couple of weeks ago. Someone brought a picnic table to cove three.

More pictures and some video at:
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc28 ... 23%202009/

Also vist Raceshock.com for a video of Lee's Coyote race rail in action.

Post subject: Re: Fox Shock test
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:33 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Looks very nice there

You need to hit this in 2nd wot and really test the fox shocks :lol:

Post subject: Re: Fox Shock test
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:50 pm 

That is what I use. Its in my videos somewhere. This was called Widow Maker. it was first used in 1979. I rode it for the first time in 81 on a 81 250R three wheeler back when there was no erosion. It is scheduled to be closed and restored soon. The third trail in the pic is the challenge if you crest the top you drop down straight 12 feet into the second trail. A high powered truggy made that trail.

Board index » Blogs » Perrib's Place