It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

Board index » Blogs » Perrib's Place

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:59 am 

It is one in the morning and I still have another hour before irragation ends.
I started the morning by welding acouple of universals to a shaft for a custom steering column in a 67 Jeep.
At 9 I was looking for something else to do. Perhaps a Roundtuit.
The oil pump pick up on my 2180 has been bothering me for many years. Today I grafted the smaller Brazilian tube to the German pickup. The Brazilian tube was never perpendicular to the case and the screen is not well made like a German one.
I cut the tube abut 1.5 inches from the end and welded on the better made German pickup

With that done I started to assemble my 2180. The cam bearings for this engine needed another .0005 to be happy. It went fine until the new Revmaster rods hit the cam. The clearanced stock rods needed more case clearance but never hit the cam. Go figure. I headed over to Bills for the lathe but a party was already going on. This happens a lot since a keg cooler is only 20 feet from the lathe.

Afte a beer I decided to go back and start on Marks 84x92 engine. Along with Bills and my engine I had alreadt checked the crank, wrist pins , case and rods for proper bearing fit. This time the cam bearing had no end play.

This cam had no run out at all. Great job Web Camshafts. I headed over to Bills for the lathe but a party was already going on. I got 20 minutes left on irrigation so i guess my day is almost done.

Board index » Blogs » Perrib's Place