It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am

Board index » Blogs » Perrib's Place

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:59 am 

I pulled my engine apart on the 20th. Then I get a call from Joe to recover a Sante Fe from Forestry Road 192.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70E97gat-zU

Besides the normal things like getting my wifes car through emissions and helping my 9 year old and 13 year old niece
with thier science fair projects on the 27th I get a call to recover a 2005 Ford F150 fronm FR 192.

The first recovery took 12 hours on FR 192 and the second 16 hours on FR 162. The Ford recovery is not on video yet. It took two 4x4 to pull it up much of the trail.

The road is posted NO car or truck travel allowed but people still try. When I get the chance I will see how long it takes my rail to run FR 192. It is the third recovery I went on since March on FR 192.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 pm 
BOTM Winner

ship like that is why i do ship like this

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:44 pm 

I also keep all that and more on my rail. I just found out Bull Dog makes a 4000 lb quad winch which will soon find a home on my rail. The Ford F 150 we just recovered this week snapped a drivers cast aluminum lower control arm and the strut. I started fixing the trailer Joe borrowed at 6 am and stopped at 1 pm.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:05 pm 
BOTM Winner

Extra stuff on my rail? I would rather not endanger or over weight the thing as it might have a negative effect on forward or upward momentum? Now the tow/rescue truck gets to haul all the stuff i can think of just cuz for sure if you dont have it you will be screwed without it and if you have it you will not be likely to ever need it? Seems I have carried a slime spair kit and never had a flat but it been used twice for women in distress. The tool kit only comes out to work on other peoples stuff or the lawn mower? If i only had a winch and a cell phone I bet I could go to hell and back and not slip a tire :D

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:31 pm 

A turbo could fix that lack of momentum feeling! I admit there has been a few times when more HP might have made the difference. When your out with me in Az on a ride you could end up 60 or 100 miles from your tow/rescue rig.
Anyways I started to fix the trailer Friday. I wanted to put the axles under the springs but not being the owner it stays a low rider. I am using a round pipe for the rear most cross menmber.
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc28 ... wn%20King/

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 am 
WB Videographer and BOTM winner

Really enjoy your post perrib!! It's great having a different type of buggy riding on here. Thanks and keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 am 
WB Contributor

I'm loving the handy-man/shovel/axe/spare-tire/gas-can set-up up you've got going on in that last pic....Oh...I almost forgot the WD-40.....Perri, you must've been a Boy Scout, b/c it looks like youare certainly prepared! 8)

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
Thomas Jefferson

Darlene

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:29 pm 

Thats Kendals truck but my rail has all that good stuff. Nothing worse than walking over a simple repair. This week I should be able to get my engine back together. I really want to run the Lake Pleasant to Crown King road in the rail. It is in the low hundreds here a sign spring is here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:25 am 

Well I got back to my engine this week. It had been overreved several times so I decided to change the rods and bearings. The new Revmaster I beam rods required turning the cam down to 20 mm. I also decided to lower the compression so I would not need to blend race fuel. Along with new barrel spacers I had to make longer push rods. I also made the slit between the oiling grooves on the new lifters. I am also going to try swivel feet adjusters. My first set of lash caps lasted 19,000 miles the last 2000 miles used up 4 sets of lash caps and 3 sets of adjuster screws. There seems to be a serious problem with compatability with the new parts. In 20 miles the first set of new adjuster screws destroyed my 19 year old GB lash caps. The valve springs are also getting changed and intalled with a little more pressure. The old cam showed signs of abuse from valve float. which could just be from being over revved.

I also am going to try CBs new dry sump system.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 pm 

hey Perri, i luv your recover videos, why dont you post them under pictures and videos. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:52 pm 

I'll do that. Most of the good stuff does not get on video. I did get the moter back in time for July.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:16 pm 

awesome 8) 8)

Board index » Blogs » Perrib's Place