It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

Board index » Blogs » Perrib's Place

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Easter Sunday ride
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:21 am 

I wanted to get a good hill climbing video of my rail for the site. No one wanted to go with me.I headed out by myself and joined up with another group. There is not much action since most of the terrain is rough I could not drive and video tape at the same time. They have some video but still have not sent it to me. here is the little bit I took. I followed the Yellow Jeep through the rocks in the first picture. It is on one of their cameras. All the Jeep drivers got a big kick out of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-pbHMLUB0s

Post subject: Re: Easter Sunday ride
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:19 am 

that is some very pretty views out there would love to come ride with u someday

Post subject: Re: Easter Sunday ride
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:55 pm 

You may want to hurry. When people moved here from the east coast and midwest this was a great place to live. Now it is filling up from the west coast where values do not seem to be a desired trait.
That and cheap quads are getting areas closed. It is not uncommon to see an expensive 4wd pull up emty out comes the old big screen tv, PCs, washer, dryer, couches, toys, water heaters etc then blast them up from 10 feet away and then hop in and leave. I watched in amazement as a group used a spotting scope to sight a large caliper hunting rifle and some aks 25 feet from the targets. An hour later they were still at it. I can hit soda cans at 120 yards with my Ruger 22 what is the challege with a Rem. 70 or 30 ot 6 at 25 feet. Quad owners are making hundreds of their own trails. White Tanks, Reno Pass got closed and they are looking at Martinez Canyon which is still clean but vandalism to mine and ranch property is very apparent. At the Four Peaks clean up my daughter and I were among 500 volunteers that removed trash and filled three full size 20 yard roll off dumpsters with 21 tons of trash and the US Forest Service garbage truck before 2 pm. I think we could of filled up at least two more by 5 pm all in an area around 6 square miles.

Board index » Blogs » Perrib's Place