It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

Board index » General » Birthdays, Holidays and Newcomers Welcomes

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome Newcomers!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:02 pm 
WB Contributor

Welcome Newcomers!

Y'all come right on in.... We'd like for you to take a couple of minutes to introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about where you are from.... We have members from pretty much all over the United States on here, and we figure the more knowledge we share about our sport, and the different places that are available for us to ride, the better off we all are. So tell us, what kind of buggy you have, or if you are thinking about building a buggy......where you ride and if you have pictures of your buggy that you'd like to share, that would be great, too.

I think you will find that there are a lot of really cool people on here with a lot of knowledge about buggies, and all kinds of other stuff, and most of them would probably be willing to share some of their expertise with you.

We also have some great places to order good, quality parts and services. .

Don't forget when you are filling out your profile to put your birthday so that we can wish you a wonderful day, and maybe, pick at you a little bit.

I hope you enjoy our site and tell your friends about us. Don't forget, if you have any questions, be sure and ask them!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
Thomas Jefferson

Darlene

Post subject: Re: Welcome Newcomers!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:27 pm 

hey everyone names tony a 26 year old mechanic from north carolina got introduced to the buggies when i was 18 some on here already know me okie roy, im still looking to see if theres others i know on here lol i met madmike bert and odyknuck up in wellsville memorial day weekend i had a blast up there thanks for the awesome weekend hopefully soon my buggy will be up and goin but its rough rough right now i believe its an old bee line front end is now gone i need to weld my new one on itll be a sight to see when done i cant wait ill be posting pics when i get started and thru the process look forward to havin lots of fun and makin new friends hope to see yall out there in the woods

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:03 am 

Hello Gatorgal and the members of Woodsbuggy. I'm a noob here and my name is Darrin. I live in Elizabethton TN. Less than 1 mile from Little Stoney trail on Holston Mtn. I'm a CNC setup programmer by profession but I like working with metal, would like it better if I had proper tools...lol. I'm in the process of building a buggy. Not a hill climber just a trail buster. As for now it has all sedan guts. I mostly lack the wiring. Brakes and engine work. I will be posting pics soon. I've looking thru the post here gathering info. May I say there is a LOT in here. You guys and gals are very helpful. Look forward to meeting you, hopefully at Harlan Hill Climb. More hopeful somebody could give my nephew and myself a ride up trail 45. My wife won't let me scratch the Expedition...lol.
Later

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:31 pm 
Global moderator

bigDsmith wrote:
Hello Gatorgal and the members of Woodsbuggy. I'm a noob here and my name is Darrin. I live in Elizabethton TN. Less than 1 mile from Little Stoney trail on Holston Mtn. I'm a CNC setup programmer by profession but I like working with metal, would like it better if I had proper tools...lol. I'm in the process of building a buggy. Not a hill climber just a trail buster. As for now it has all sedan guts. I mostly lack the wiring. Brakes and engine work. I will be posting pics soon. I've looking thru the post here gathering info. May I say there is a LOT in here. You guys and gals are very helpful. Look forward to meeting you, hopefully at Harlan Hill Climb. More hopeful somebody could give my nephew and myself a ride up trail 45. My wife won't let me scratch the Expedition...lol.
Later

Hope you made it,,,good luck with your build.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 pm 

I got there too late. Nobody in the parking/camping area to snag a ride. With at least a 2 hour drive I was hoping to see at least one buggy for ideas oh well, not all in vain I got some info on the trail system. We will meet one day either at Harland, Wind Rock or Mountain City TN.
That's all folks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:25 am 

I'm new too. 18 years old for another week or so and looking to build my first buggy. I live in Paris, Tx but will be in Dallas next year for school. Not much in Paris in regards to junkyards, so it's gonna be a little tough finding parts. I'm also on a super lean budget :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:36 pm 

Just found this place this week. Bought my first rail buggy about 2 weeks ago. I have been into offroad riding and racing for over 20 years. I spend most of my riding time at a place called Turkey bay in western Ky. Beening riding quads, dirtbikes and rzr there for a long time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:15 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

smr wrote:
Just found this place this week. Bought my first rail buggy about 2 weeks ago. I have been into offroad riding and racing for over 20 years. I spend most of my riding time at a place called Turkey bay in western Ky. Beening riding quads, dirtbikes and rzr there for a long time.

welcome aboard, lbl is great we used to make that trip every year 8)

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:19 pm 

Hi, I live in Austintown, Ohio 48 years old with a GREAT wife and our daughter who will be 19 months....yes she is my first and only and she can already say buhhe (buggy) I had one about 15 years ago and then got into racing quads flat track on dirt. I just sold the quad and drove to Florida picked up my new buggy and drove back to Ohio. It is used and I eed to change some things and post a picture so someone can tell me what frame it is. I will be starting a bild thread as soon as I get some pictures. It will be mostly street and some trail. Looking forward to meeting whoever I can from here......one can NEVER have to many friends !!! Look me up on Facebook (Harvey Crowley)
Thanks !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:46 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

ROCKITV8 wrote:
Hi, I live in Austintown, Ohio 48 years old with a GREAT wife and our daughter who will be 19 months....yes she is my first and only and she can already say buhhe (buggy) I had one about 15 years ago and then got into racing quads flat track on dirt. I just sold the quad and drove to Florida picked up my new buggy and drove back to Ohio. It is used and I eed to change some things and post a picture so someone can tell me what frame it is. I will be starting a bild thread as soon as I get some pictures. It will be mostly street and some trail. Looking forward to meeting whoever I can from here......one can NEVER have to many friends !!! Look me up on Facebook (Harvey Crowley)
Thanks !

welcome

Chris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 am 
Site Admin

ROCKITV8 wrote:
Thanks !

Welcome Harvy! I'm not far from you. Just a hair north of Beaver Falls, Pa.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 pm 

Hi everyone my names darin. Im a noobie to rail buggy scene im from Wadsworth, oh. I got my first rail buggy last weekend and drove one for my first time also last weekend in Wellsville, oh. Where I plan on doing most of my riding. Plan on getting some good info from this site.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:08 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

goofydoofy wrote:
Hi everyone my names darin. Im a noobie to rail buggy scene im from Wadsworth, oh. I got my first rail buggy last weekend and drove one for my first time also last weekend in Wellsville, oh. Where I plan on doing most of my riding. Plan on getting some good info from this site.

welcome aboard, there is plenty of knowlegable folks on here that is allways willing to help :D

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:40 am 

Hi every body name is scott am 25 i have two buggies and live in st.louis.The buggy i drive is nothing special has a 1760 87mmx74mm with a 3rib.We have a buggy group there is a bout 20 buggies in our group me and a couple other guys are wanting to trip up and ride with some of you guys.Sorry cant make it this weekend but we will very soon.If you guys want to go for a ride give me a call 314-659-6515.We also have a web site with some pics and some video of my buddys and where we ride thanks.www.jcbuggy.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:43 am 
Site Admin

buggyscott wrote:
Hi every body name is scott am 25 i have two buggies and live in st.louis.The buggy i drive is nothing special has a 1760 87mmx74mm with a 3rib.We have a buggy group there is a bout 20 buggies in our group me and a couple other guys are wanting to trip up and ride with some of you guys.Sorry cant make it this weekend but we will very soon.If you guys want to go for a ride give me a call 314-659-6515.We also have a web site with some pics and some video of my buddys and where we ride thanks.www.jcbuggy.com

Welcome to the site!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:57 am 

hello all. im johnny, im 30. I live in kennard indiana. im new to the buggys but not new to offroad. Im a mechanic/fabricator. My buddy bought him a buggy the other day, its a short wheelbase 2 seater w/ 67 1500 and bug trans. Got me in the mood to get one. I pick mine up this weekend. hopeing to meet some cool people off here to go wheel with. our main place we will be goin is haspen. looking forward to learning something new from everybody on here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:37 pm 
WB Contributor

Hello everyone, I am new to this site but not new to the buggy lifestyle. I currently live in Chattanooga TN, I have a very supportive wife that loves the buggy and a two year old little boy. We are looking for buggy groups to ride with and areas to ride in the my area. I started out riding at about 2 years old in box frame buggy that started with a sixty-four VW chassis that was shortened 12" (don't understand why). This became my buggy at age 14 when we revived it after sitting in the weeds for eight years. Purchased a 63 that was wrecked and ran poorly for $75. removed the running gear, tightened the head bolts, yeah that was al that was wrong with the little 36 horse single port. I ran that buggy until I bought my first car a Chenoweth 2 seat car that had a 1976 stoker motor with a brand new set of Dellorto 48 carbs. I bought a second hand frame about 7 years later that I powered with a 2.8 Type 4 Porsche 914 engine (Very expensive to Build). I had blast beating on it until my son was born and then came the full custom four seater frame that my best friends Rodey and Daryl helped me to build. I chose to do the unthinkable and went water cooled with a Acrura 3.2 Vtech engine. I need to have my trans built by Eric on your ad board with all the Wheedle goodies but for now I have to run my stock 091 with super-diff and be gentle. I have read a number of the forums and there are some very talented and knowledgable people posting builds and great information. Thanks look foreword to hearing from anyone in the Chattanooga Area.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:54 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

welcome aboard,
here is a couple of riding places close by that you might like going to
windrock just outside of knoxville or there is a new park here in bama in the scottsboro area that just opened in the past few months that sounds promising also, mt aetna in the chattanooga area had some good riding from what ive heard but i think its been closed down

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:45 am 
WB Contributor

Thanks, Chris I have already explored the WMA at Prentice Cooper here in Chattanooga. I need to find another buggy or two to ride with. I don't like being to far out with out a buddy since things tend to break unexpectedly in the woods. I build my car for the woods in Florida> I need to build a coil over front beam and go to 35" tires on all four corners to get some more ground clearance. I will be posting my front beam, fox 2.0 shocks and King and link front spindles once I make the decision. Thanks for the suggestions.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:30 am 

Hello all this is a great site looks like a lot of great people on here. I'm nick I'm a welder. fabricator live near ft. Wayne indiana in the country been goin to haspin acres all my life have have several buggies my recent build started as a venture frame went from there 2276 . Been through a dozen 3ribs lol and two five ribs. A six rib and now back to five waitin for her to let go. 3by5 arms in back I made 930s 2 1/2 by 4 inront. King remote coilovers. On front and back.. wider beam . Saco rack . Kirky seats. Dry sump. Hids. Beadlocks. Getting ready to cut new stones for it. Been to wellsvills 3 times and had a blast that's our new ride spot. We have about 6 buggies in our pack. Sorry about spelling and my mess of words on here my phone don't like me half the time. Thanks. Nick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:52 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Location: rittman,ohio ----------- wellsville, water cooled chapter
Welcome nick ! I'm sure alot of us would love to see your buggy , if ya can post pics in a buggy build thread . Sounds like ya have a sweat buggy !
Jason

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:55 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Welcome buggybarn sounds like you got a nice buggy.post some pics.nitro-mudder lives in fort Wayne do you ride with him? Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:22 pm 
WB Contributor

gasman wrote:
Welcome buggybarn sounds like you got a nice buggy.post some pics.nitro-mudder lives in fort Wayne do you ride with him? Chad :mrgreen:

welcome nick! and my thoughts exactly about nitro! i ride haspin with the indiana boys all the time, hell might have even met you there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:24 pm 

Hello, woods buggy guys and gals.
My name is John Von Behren from Winchester ky. i am 45 years old
been married for 22 years, i have daughter that is 21 and a son that is 18 and a grand-daughter that is 5.
i am a Network Analyst for Appalachian regional Healthcare
i have a 01 Vstar 1100 that i have done some customizing to it, and love to ride.
also love the game of golf! a round a 6 handicap.
i was introduced to buggy's by a friend of mine and was hooked. i have done a bunch of 4 wheelin in my younger days and grew up on a farm. so i bought a used buggy. it has a Berrien frame a 1641 DP a 3 rib that keeps jumping out of reverse that a few of you have already gave me ideas on what was wrong. well it jumped out again on me so i am picking up a used rebuilt 6rib next week from Marty's buggy shop in Frenchburg ky.
looking forward to get it out and hitting some hills this spring or when weather allows.
basically live about 1.5 hours away from both Dirty turtle and Rush. looking forward to getting out and meeting some of the woods buggy guys and gals out there on the trails. of course from what i have seen on here the buggy's are always a work in progress and the same goes for mine. so i hope everyone had a merry Christmas and hope you all have a happy new years, and for those that are riding New Years day have fun!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:15 pm 

hello guys and gals my name is Dave and im from connellsville pa. I've been around buggies my whole life and i love them. wouldn't ride anything else. right now im runnin an old school champion chassis cage with a 1641 its not as much as most of u guys out here but it does the job for now :D i'm in the process of building a new cage that i traded for i have no idea what it is yet the guy didn't know either but as soon as some of this lovely snow melts ill dig it out for pics. maybe one of u guys or gals on here knows what it is. I'm real close here to Davehix and i'm really lookin forward to goin ridin with him and his buddies here soon. as of now its only me and my dad that goes. I've visited this site lots of times before but i figured it was time to join and tap into all of this wonderful buggy knowledge that's available :!: Well nice chattin with u all Thanks and have a wonderful day :!:

Board index » General » Birthdays, Holidays and Newcomers Welcomes