It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 am

Board index » General » Birthdays, Holidays and Newcomers Welcomes

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Guy, Same old story!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:29 am 

Hello everybody! My name is Randy (nomad59). I'm new here but like the rest of you I LOVE playin' in the Dirt! Started with buggies 20+ years ago then on to trail bikes, 4x4 and the like. Finally come full circle back to the buggies. Man things have changed since then. I remember when water cooled was exotic. Now a days just a fairly simple swap! So I'm thinkin' ECOTEC! Been following some of your builds and wearing out the search box and if ya don't mind I might throw in a few dumb questions. I live down in south central Missouri about 100 miles East of Springfield with lots of room to ride. Anyone else down my way?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 am 

8) Welcome to the site...dont be shy..ask questions and give in-put that you may have..thats what makes this site the best. you must have some insight after being in buggys for so long , so jump right..Ive only been in my buggy for a couple yrs..only have about 25 days true seat time..not much in 2 yrs..lol.(thats me on the slideshow on the home page flippin).. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:07 pm 

Russ, thanks for the welcome. Nice flip! Bad thing is that almost looks fun! I haven't been around buggies for quite awhile. Lots of new products and services out there. Some of it that wasn't even thought of 20 years ago! Can hardly wait to get mine going! Thanks again, Randy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:48 pm 
WB Contributor

If I had a new start I'd put a high rpm v6 front wheel drive in the back seat of a 4 seater.Beer gas battery and radiator go where the old bug motor went.Most have 150-300 hundred hp these days.And very reliable if you learn what you are doing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:30 am 

passat2800, that sounds awesome but I've already got most of what I need for this build. Definitely something to think about for the next one though. Thanks for the idea. My wife thanks you too! NOT!!!lol

Board index » General » Birthdays, Holidays and Newcomers Welcomes