It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:38 am

Board index » General » Birthdays, Holidays and Newcomers Welcomes

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:46 am 

Hi,

Some pics of my Bugpack Fugative, had it for 10 years sat in the barn.. people don't really 'do' buggies in the UK (except for a certain person already on here) so I run it at 4x4 days in local sand and cement quarries.. where it REALLY annoys the Land Rovers etc..

Its pretty basic, although I'm developing it all the time, its 1641cc.. for now.. its due a full strip, powdercoat and rebuild any time soon..

Biggest problem is getting parts, I'd love some wider rear wheels, and some spindle mount fronts.. but shipping them over from the US makes them too expensive (ie CB Performance Exhaust = $130, shipping to UK = $130)

I know you can't tell from the photo, but in this shot we're climbing a vert wall..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:04 am 

Hi :D

What size are the rear wheels you have on there? We've a fair few lying around now in various sizes.

There's the old VW engine + 4-1 buggy manifold, some weber 40's and dellorto 45's, etc, on the shelf too...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 am 

PhillipM wrote:
Hi :D

What size are the rear wheels you have on there? We've a fair few lying around now in various sizes.

In those photo's it has 8" banded steels! now it runs generic 5 spoke steels (wide 5), also in 8"..

and that engine is probably worth more than my entire buggy ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:17 am 

Ah, nothing any wider than that, biggest we've got lying around is some 7" wide 5's.
I can see there being much in a small diameter that's wider than an 8" over here, we really struggled to find the 16x8J rims - not without some being banded or someones got some imports in a shed somewhere anyway.

I do know a man that can spin custom aluminium outers up to bolt centres into - but it's probably cheaper to fetch some over.

Engine might not be, it's shot - think it's spun a bearing - but the parts are probably salvagable :lol:

Edit:
Quick google brought these up cheaper than I've ever seen them before though: http://www.firstfour.co.uk/steel-wheels ... 754481.php

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:39 am 
WB Contributor

Wellcome to the site.Are you going to make it to Fultondale this weekend? :lol: I hear y'all speak English over there.I've traveled England a good bit. It's a cool place to drink beer. My favorite is Strongbow!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:44 am 

passat2800 wrote:
It's a cool place to drink beer. My favorite is Strongbow!

That not beer :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:12 pm 
Master fabricator

Must be the second British invasion. Welcome to the site.

G
A

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:57 pm 
WB Videographer

Welcome! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:16 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I thought it was a single seater until I seen the second pic,lol.your steering wheel is on the wrong side.glad to have you.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:09 pm 

gasman wrote:
I thought it was a single seater until I seen the second pic,lol.your steering wheel is on the wrong side.glad to have you.Chad :mrgreen:

It's on the right side :wink:

Did they never teach you right and left? :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:47 am 
WB Contributor

PhillipM wrote:
passat2800 wrote:
It's a cool place to drink beer. My favorite is Strongbow!

That not beer :lol:

Yes, Cider.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:26 am 
WB Contributor

Had a British girl come here and ride with us 10 years ago. She had her fingers with rings wrapped around the bars and we rolled. The rings were smashed flat on her fingers and cut her tendons or ligaments or whatever in two.She had hand surgery twice, with both hands. The famous Wendy Mt. was named after her.So, scold the pretty girl in the pic!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:04 am 

passat2800 wrote:
Had a British girl come here and ride with us 10 years ago. She had her fingers with rings wrapped around the bars and we rolled. The rings were smashed flat on her fingers and cut her tendons or ligaments or whatever in two.She had hand surgery twice, with both hands. The famous Wendy Mt. was named after her.So, scold the pretty girl in the pic!

Totally agree.. although I think its my own fault as I haven't fitted a sissy bar for the passenger, thats in the plan when I get the tube bender out.. it needs tree fenders in the side and quite a lot of extra bracing around the cockpit etc.. I doubt the current cage would survive much of a roll with triangulation..

Thanks for the welcomes.. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:08 am 

PhillipM wrote:
A
Engine might not be, it's shot - think it's spun a bearing - but the parts are probably salvagable :lol:

How much?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:15 am 

passat2800 wrote:

There's a couple of guys with missing arms over here. That's why we all run window nets/doors these days.

Board index » General » Birthdays, Holidays and Newcomers Welcomes