It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:03 am

Board index » General » Birthdays, Holidays and Newcomers Welcomes

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:43 pm 

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I only own a project buggy at the moment and looking for a better one. My Father-in-Law has a nice buggy that I have played on before and that is what started the fever. His passion is VWs so I have someone to teach me how to rebuild the engines. I am currently in Iraq with the Alabama National Guard and will return sometime in January. I have a month off from work and in that time I will finish up my gunsmith business and work on a buggy that I am looking to purchase. My business will start small but if anyone has ideas for my buggy I'm open to them. I would like a street/mild off road buggy. I have a few ideas on what I want so finding the right buggy frame, then the dreamin starts. If anyone is wondering I am a Small Arms Repairer for the National Guard in Montgomery.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 pm 
Global moderator

Thank you for your service,,,and welcome to the site. Good luck with your project.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:08 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

We appreciate what you do for us.. thanks..

As for the buggy.. What are some of your ideas? 2 seater or 4 seater.. What frames do you like?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 am 

Your welcome!! It’s all part of the job. The frame that I would like to find is I believe the Invader frame? I know what it looks like so if I see it I will know. I found one for sale on this forum but I’m not home to go pick it up so I hope my luck doesn’t run out and he still has it when I get home for R&R in September. I have 2 engines one is complete and the other is a long block, I would like to completely rebuild the long block and possibly make a turbo motor with it. I only have the tranny that is attached to the current buggy that is a 3 rib I think. My wife and Father-in-Law are going to the bug blast at Tannehill State park on the 28th to look for frames and parts just in case the one I’m looking at is gone when I get home. As I said above I want mild off road and street use out of this buggy, I have an idea for a trailer to pull behind the buggy that will have tire racks for mud tires and a cargo hauler for tools, spare parts, and camping gear. My dad has a motorcycle trailer that he isn’t using anymore that I can use for that. The other buggy I have is in sad shape and will need lots of work. If all goes well I would like to convert it to a 4 seater for cruising. It will take a while for that. If anyone has any ideas for me please share. Thanks!

Board index » General » Birthdays, Holidays and Newcomers Welcomes