It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

Board index » General » Safety

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seat belts
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:21 pm 
WB Contributor

Go out side and run as fast as you can and don't let up til you put your hands out and stop yourself against a brick wall. You CANNOT do it ! Now imagine yourself thinking "if we are about to hit a tree my passenger will just reach out and stop themself. RIGHT! You are hitting that tree or culvert at 20 mph.About 4 times the speed that you ran!I've hit those bars at 10 mph and they put me in an MRI machine with my head all beat up and stitched!It's even painful wrecking with 5 point seat belts!These old invader frames with the bar hanging over your eyebrow and even grab handles and overhead consoles and bolts pertruding are just waiting on you.And everytime someone wrecks without a seat belt , they always reply, "OH, but we were only going to go just over 1 hill. That's when the Grim Reaper tries to get you!

Post subject: Re: Seat belts
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:06 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

i put mine on and whoever is with me before starting the buggy i fliped on a small baby hill that i never thought would be possible to flip on lucky i had them on but ever since then i always have them on no mater what

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:04 pm 

Buckle up! It's the law! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:06 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

passat2800 wrote:
Go out side and run as fast as you can and don't let up til you put your hands out and stop yourself against a brick wall. You CANNOT do it ! Now imagine yourself thinking "if we are about to hit a tree my passenger will just reach out and stop themself. RIGHT! You are hitting that tree or culvert at 20 mph.About 4 times the speed that you ran!I've hit those bars at 10 mph and they put me in an MRI machine with my head all beat up and stitched!It's even painful wrecking with 5 point seat belts!These old invader frames with the bar hanging over your eyebrow and even grab handles and overhead consoles and bolts pertruding are just waiting on you.And everytime someone wrecks without a seat belt , they always reply, "OH, but we were only going to go just over 1 hill. That's when the Grim Reaper tries to get you!

1 post in safety since April that either means we are really safe or not caring,I'd say a little of both hopefully.I agree DD,if you've got anything in the roof of your buggy hope you got belts,key boxes and mirrors are not forgiving on the noggin.and it's true you never know when it's time for your time,but being strapped in is the best thing that you can do for not busting your head open.and maybe helmet but that's no matter if it throws you out or breaks your neck against the roof bars before it rolls over ya.but I also carry a little first aid kit.never know and it takes hardly any space up,and it has been used a whole lot more than what you'd think.just another remind to be safe this year guys,Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:43 pm 

jan 1 1978 420 pm wrecked my 1st rail buggy. my engine had blown and my brother was pulling me home with a chain. it came loose from the truck wraped around the front tire, hit me in the face then broadsided a 3 foot boulder and fliped 12 or more times per. witnesses. i didnt think i needed my seat belts , or helmet. broke back crushed leg, paralized, face torn up badly and much many more issues i finished 11th grade in a bed then to a wheel chair etc. you all know the rehab rotuine. any way never stoped loving or building buggys but if anyones in mine and it moves 1 inch they have their 5 point on.
dale meeks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Glad to know you made it and see you stuck with buggys.it just takes a second to change the rest of your life.use that second to put them on instead of years or never being able to do them things again.wearing them don't make you a wussy,just gives you a chance to say,damn did you see that,glad I had these belts on.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:55 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

I would bet that every rider on here has personally been affected by or know someone getting hurt or killed by not wearing them,any bets.Chad :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:51 pm 

gasman wrote:
I would bet that every rider on here has personally been affected by or know someone getting hurt or killed by not wearing them,any bets.Chad :mrgreen:

I can chalk another up to putting them on but having them loose :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:36 am 

Does anyone no where to buy good harnesses to fit kids I keep seeing junk ones I'm looking for ones for go karts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:51 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

blackbeauty wrote:
Does anyone no where to buy good harnesses to fit kids I keep seeing junk ones I'm looking for ones for go karts

Having my kids safe is very important to me and I searched for a while to find a good kid seat belt. The best option I found was the Dragon Fire harness made for kids.

http://www.dragonfireracing.com/blog/2010/05/21/honey-i-shrunk-the-utv-harness/

Board index » General » Safety