It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Air Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:55 pm 

I've already got a 5rib in my buggy but years of abuse from previous owners and such have taken toll on end of frame horns. It's got the cheapo bolt in car to bus adapter with the straps that bolt over the trans. The threaded "inserts" in the end of the frame horns have came loose and started to pull out unfortunately. I'm already planning on a new beeline frame in next few months but want to fix this one to still drive until then. What kind of motor/trans mounts do yall run? Found a kit on moore parts thats welded in but unsure how it all fits exactly. Best bet would to whack the factory horns off and get set of tubular frame horns but would the horns themselves are still in good shape, just the ends are coming apart. And the nuts keeping backing off the front (nosecone end) mount every couple of rides. Still using the 2 studs that screw in nosecone and slide into the mount. I'm going to pull motor in next week so I can have some room to work on it and so I can weld in some braces going to frame horns to frame. I'd like to see some pics of how some of yalls are mounted to give me an idea of what kit I need. Thanks guys

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:12 am 

http://www.woodsbuggy.com/index.php?opt ... 23&t=11652

Board index » Tech and Fab » Air Cooled Engines