It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Air Cooled Engines

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:52 pm 

About to see what I need to do for my Accelerator cable... I ran some rope the length of the rail following the stock path and from the "Y" bracket down the center on top of the transmission and over the bell housing threw the fan shroud to about where I think the cross bar will be for the dual carbs measures 7 foot 8 inches... Can you folks tell me if this sounds like the way to get the measurement? Path sound OK? I didn't pull it tight just let it follow the lines... So I found an 8 foot cable someone wanted to sell... looking at trying to get that and figure out how I want to hook it up... I may need to change something up... my first thought was to run it inside of my center console.. but I already have so much packed into that thing, I am afraid I may be pushing my luck... so I might just run it down the outside of the console... but the "Y" adapter of the pedal, sits about 1/2 inch or so to far in if I do that... might need to modify the "Y" adapter or move the pedals (more on this when I get some parts to mess with). Anyway... if you guys have some pics of your setups could you post them? I am looking for ideas and creativity... Having dual carb setups and pics of that would help too...

more to follow once I have something to show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:26 pm 

I might have an idea... thinking I will get one of those Rod Ends with the hole in it (looks like a heim joint) if I can find one the exact size of the "Y" adapter I can add a notch to the adapter on each side and use a retaining clip... this way even though its too long it will not matter... and the Rod end will pivot and swivel so it will not cause friction... I need some parts to test it out on... but am shooting for something like this... as long as I measures right I will be fine I guess...

Board index » Tech and Fab » Air Cooled Engines