It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:43 am 

ive got 3 rib tractor tires on it right now im leanin towards mickey thompson mini mags but they say not for street use im on the road bout 50% an off road about 50% whats my best bet?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:55 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BFGOODRI ... ckQ5fTires

will these be a good tire?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:21 pm 

I would say your going to get alot of opinions, but if your looking for a DOT approved tire those seem to have a reasonable price. I know alot of people who run "snow" tires on there buggy. They are similar to alot of the 7.0-15 size tires myself and alot of others run.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:00 pm 

it dont really matter if they are dot er not im just wantin to get some aggressive lookin highway tires

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:46 pm 
BOTM Winner

http://store.cokertire.com/popular-tire ... -ndcc.html

These are DOT approved and they work pretty good.

Buy the best and cry once.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:13 am 
WB Contributor

I get the spare wheel out of a dodge truck or Cherokee 16" and cut the center out with a high speed cutter and weld in my own spokes.I use 7.50 16" 3 rib farm implement tires $90 each. They make up to 11.00 16's($160 ea) Nice smooth ride and easy on rocks.Bolt your spindle in a vice pointed up with a hub on it when you build it while spinning it. Remember to tack weld 1st because how welding pulls initially when you weld.Youll mess the 1st one up, but think of it as practice to get it right.Have your spokes bolted with lug nuts to the hub, then lay the rim on the spokes, then tack weld and spin. DD(me) rarely buys anything.They don't make 17 or 18 inch tires. Run tubes WITH SHORT valve stems.Go to PICTURES AND VIDEOS, then Our Ride Sunday, then the 16th post down look at the 3rd and 4th video and you'll see the Aarms with the homemade 16's. If ya don't like em go buy something. :D

Last edited by passat2800 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 am 
WB Contributor

:D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:49 am 
WB Contributor

passat2800 wrote:
:D

just curious? how many of you post under the same name??? cause your user name brings jeckyl and hyde to a whole new level :twisted: :roll: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:57 am 
WB Contributor

I don't get it. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:01 am 
WB Contributor

passat2800 wrote:
I don't get it. :D

me either thats why i ask :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:04 am 
WB Contributor

Hi BMoore. They work and they work great. I'm confused.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:13 am 
WB Contributor

passat2800 wrote:
Hi BMoore. They work and they work great. I'm confused.

hello dd (i think) i dont doubt your words of wisdom! or your ideas, infact i admire it!!! what im asking is how many people use your screen name??? man some times its cedric or who knows :roll: or is it just dd in 3rd person, man im confused cause your post are some what of a rollercoaster ride in themselves :wink: you do have a gift when it comes to thinking outside the box, but!!! just click on the read your own post tab and ask yourself how to take half of it seriously :wink: i see you added (me) to your post :wink:

Last edited by bmoore on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:16 am 
WB Contributor

sorry guys! i hijacked the sh!!! outta this one :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:41 am 
WB Contributor

Ooooh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now it makes sense. I love playing the character of Cedric from the hood that wants to be one of us. A Donk is an old American car with spinner wheels jacked up 3 ft high. I've been around buggies since 1971 and I want to help people so hard to learn what I have.But I've learned that I can bring sliced bread to the crowd and they still want to break it off in chunks, which is fine if they opt for that.I could build 9 fire breathing chain drives, but I'd rather stay in the mid level and build and explore.But anyway , you sound like a cool partner. When are you going to come down and get your fair share of abuse on these ugly Fultondale hills we've cut?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:30 am 
Global moderator

DD is way ahead of the game,,,he was using midshift trannys when the rest of us were passing them up for 3 ribs. He and Eric DeBord, and Blindchickenracing were keeping me in this sport once I got online. Woodsbuggy.com is my daily bread . I like the vtreads for fronts,,they look cool. I may look for some in a 16 or 17 and borrow DD's wheel idea :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:56 am 

Roy wrote:
http://store.cokertire.com/popular-tire-applications/vintage-military-tires/700-15-firestone-military-ndcc.html

These are DOT approved and they work pretty good.

These tires look alot like the old willies jeep tires. I have been researching what tires I want to go to on the front of mine also. The 3 rib tractors I got now are just not cutting it. I wish I could find some half worn out front tires from a 4x4 tractor.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:35 pm 

We run fedima xtremes:

But if you're not in any deep wet mud, etc, then you might be better with F4R's for tarmac/forest work:

As for wheels, we do pretty much the same as 2800 does, weld our own centers into commercial rims, but instead of fooking about trying to get them to pull straight with the welder, I just clamp them to a steel plate fixture I knocked up with 15 minutes on a lathe, make dozens in a couple of hours then. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:20 pm 
WB Contributor

passat2800 wrote:
Ooooh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now it makes sense. I love playing the character of Cedric from the hood that wants to be one of us. A Donk is an old American car with spinner wheels jacked up 3 ft high. I've been around buggies since 1971 and I want to help people so hard to learn what I have.But I've learned that I can bring sliced bread to the crowd and they still want to break it off in chunks, which is fine if they opt for that.I could build 9 fire breathing chain drives, but I'd rather stay in the mid level and build and explore.But anyway , you sound like a cool partner. When are you going to come down and get your fair share of abuse on these ugly Fultondale hills we've cut?

dd your post are a trip :wink: and yes sir we will be paying you a visit around march! like i said you have a gift thinking outside the box :wink: but some of your post [well] anyway we look forward to hearing your opinions in person :wink: but march will be the earliest we can make fultondale

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:09 am 
WB Contributor

Awesome. Yo buggy gonna wish it neva hurda alabama.Hi Philip from ova da pond.Hey dont Charles' driva know beda dan da goda where mad people is?Das hood 101 in Birminham.Cedric da birmy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:29 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

It don't matter who you are your gona read his post. Hell I look foward to seeing what 's next :shock:

DD rock and roll :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:03 pm 
WB Contributor

he is a trip :twisted: and thats just reading his post :wink: i can only imagine how he'd be around a camp fire with a few cold ones :mrgreen:

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels