It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Buckshot Q's ????
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:24 pm 

I currently run a 35/14.5/15 cut bogger that is pretty much wore out. I really dont want to spend 600+ on a new set of boggers and i was thinking about swapping to the buckshot Q. I found a set for 400 and i have the 15/8 wheels, but i dont need to loose any ground clearance. So does anyone know how tall the Q's are.? Or would i be better off running the R's? (2052 motor/3 rib) I plan on cutting them asap.

Post subject: Re: Buckshot Q's ????
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:42 pm 
WB Videographer

i really cant remeber,but i think a Q is 36 and a R is 38

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:14 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Are you looking at the orginal Gateway Buckshot tires or the new Maxxis Buckshot tires. There is a BIG different between the two of them. The Gateway Buckshot Tires are very hard to find but they are VERY Aggressive.

Gateway Buckshot Tires

Maxxis Buckshot Tires

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:33 pm 

where can i find the buckshot original in bias

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:37 pm 
WB Contributor

Ckeck out the sponsors. Keith Mitchell usually stocks them. His number is 205-752-0962.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

all keith has now are 38 inch ones its like well hidden secret to find these things down here lol but brand new they 600 for 2 so would not be saving any money but they are way better than a bogger i tride my new ones out last weekend and im in love with em :mrgreen: :mrgreen: well worth going to them

I DO NOT FREE BASE COCAINE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:45 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

jesse wrote:
they are way better than a bogger

i doubt that :roll:

i know a couple of guys running boggers that can go about anywhere anything else will go (buggywise) outside of a chaindrive or cookie cutter wearing firestones :lol: :wink:

not saying buckshots are bad, just saying they AINT A LOT better than boggers 8)

as a matter of fact just ask the guy that started this thread, he started with wore out boggers and then he got the buckshots, but guess what, he is back to running boggers again :mrgreen:

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:43 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

i ran boggers for years and went to buckshots and saw a huge improvement and both are better than them cookie cutter tires :twisted: :twisted: unless i can be proven wrong at the bragging rights climb we aint playing on no fresh hills these are many years old and need more than 31 inches of tire :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:17 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

jesse wrote:
i ran boggers for years and went to buckshots and saw a huge improvement and both are better than them cookie cutter tires :twisted: :twisted: unless i can be proven wrong at the bragging rights climb we aint playing on no fresh hills these are many years old and need more than 31 inches of tire :twisted: :twisted:

well to each his own, but we have used about every aggressive tire out there and almost everybody up here in north bama that does any real climbing uses boggers even them old farts that are still around from the 80's that didnt believe in anything but a buckshot back then

and yes i am well aware of rutted out hills, bruton branch in tn (the fultondale of tn) is very rutted as was our local riding spot till it got shut down, so i guess we can talk about it at the top of hulk hill or maybe bomb drop if i get to make it down there or maybe come up to stony lonesome sometime and talk about it the top of one of the 3 hills before you get to last years competition hills, although they aint rutted (to my knowledge it aint been but 1 set of buckshots far enough up those to rut anything out) :lol: :twisted: :shock: :mrgreen: :wink:

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 am 
WB Contributor

Easy on the old farts with bck shots there chris :lol: :lol: . I will still take my shots on a rough rocky hill over a v trea any day. In fultondale clearance is a huge issue. Although I have seen ron climb some rutted out stuff that a 35 inh tire couldnt touch. each buggy has its advantages over others and at fultondale its been proven that ole HELL BOUND aint no slacker out there. :lol: :lol: So letsput the tire buisness behind us and just get it on. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:58 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

im just trying to get some excitement built up :D :D but i do wanna go to stoney and up their in north alabama this summer and we will take you over to bombdrop if you come if you hit the middle :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:52 pm 
WB Contributor

I just put the buckshots on the 1 seater and a set of 38s on the 2 seater. Im ready to tear some asses up. I cant wait. Its gunna be a slaughter. 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :idea: :idea: :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:00 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

hey kevin i aint talking about yo old ass (i think im older than you) i was talking about the ones that keep the dead pecker bench warm up around here :lol: but yall better better watch out for the "king" down there :twisted: :wink:

and jesse its always a better show then there has been some smack talking going on but yes i do want to take a look at bomb drop if i make it (as long as we dont have to run down the highway), ive seen vids and pics and have talked to folks that have seen it a few years ago but i want/need to see what there is to land on at top before i will say for sure if im gonna hit it or not, but unless hulk hill has gotten a lot worse since tool and ron flipped the end of last year i definantly want to try that hill :mrgreen:

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:05 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

kevin f wrote:
I just put the buckshots on the 1 seater and a set of 38s on the 2 seater. Im ready to tear some asses up. I cant wait. Its gunna be a slaughter. 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :idea: :idea: :idea:

i think you just looking for an excuse if the "king" hands you your butt in a handbasket :lol: :shock: :lol: :wink: :lol:

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:06 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Quote:
hey kevin i aint talking about yo old ass (i think im older than you) i was talking about the ones that keep the dead pecker bench warm up around here :lol: but yall better better watch out for the "king" down there :twisted: :wink:

and jesse its always a better show then there has been some smack talking going on but yes i do want to take a look at bomb drop if i make it (as long as we dont have to run down the highway), ive seen vids and pics and have talked to folks that have seen it a few years ago but i want/need to see what there is to land on at top before i will say for sure if im gonna hit it or not, but unless hulk hill has gotten a lot worse since tool and ron flipped the end of last year i definantly want to try that hill :mrgreen:

the landing is not bad if you make it that far you got it the landing aint the worry lol but we will take you over to it if you come and i havent seen hulk in a while so i dont know but we will go to it as well i just wanna good show :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:07 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

who we calling the king lol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:17 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

jesse wrote:

maybe he will chime in and say something he likes a little smack talk also :mrgreen:

Chris

Last edited by ridenrace6 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:11 pm 
WB Contributor

ridenrace6 wrote:
jesse wrote:

maybe he will chime and say something he likes a little smack talk also :mrgreen:

Um hello thats a dumb question. Every time he comes to fultondale or any where else hes the man. The man with at least 50 grand in his ride. The man that talks until he cant talk anymore. The man that I laid the smack down on in windrock :oops: :oops: . I think that should be enough to figure it out. :lol: :lol: And no im not refering to Rob :lol: :lol: . This is gunna be a fun ride everyone needs to make this one 8) 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:18 am 
Global moderator

I aint got that much in my ride,,,and I dont talk that much,,,,,,,do I?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:47 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Quote:
Um hello thats a dumb question. Every time he comes to fultondale or any where else hes the man. The man with at least 50 grand in his ride. The man that talks until he cant talk anymore. The man that I laid the smack down on in windrock :oops: :oops: . I think that should be enough to figure it out. :lol: :lol: And no im not refering to Rob :lol: :lol: . This is gunna be a fun ride everyone needs to make this one 8) 8)

haha i think i have a good idea but we gonna have a new king come the 16th :twisted: :twisted:

and i agree anyone that can make it show up its gonna be a show and its time to figure out who is really the king not just self proclaimed :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:10 pm 
WB Contributor

jesse wrote:
Quote:

haha i think i have a good idea but we gonna have a new king come the 16th :twisted: :twisted:

and i agree anyone that can make it show up its gonna be a show and its time to figure out who is really the king not just self proclaimed :twisted: :twisted:

Thats right so come on chris lets see what u got. I cant wait to see your face when I make ole red white and blue look bad. This isnt goin to be for the faint at heart, men only :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:20 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

hey kevin i plan on being there but ole rwb aint scaired however the driver dont know much about most of them hills yall been talking about, but i have seen smoky falls and i dont say this very often but that one is better suited for the rock bouncing 4x4 guys, the only thing im gonna hit smoky falls with is my purse :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:02 pm 
WB Contributor

What about bomb drop. It aint no cake walk. Or the hill to left of 5 jump over in the woods. Im ready for all of em. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:11 pm 
WoodsBuggy Addict

Quote:
What about bomb drop. It aint no cake walk. Or the hill to left of 5 jump over in the woods. Im ready for all of em. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we gonna take him to bombdrop :twisted: :twisted: and maybe the one behind it no-ones been in their for a long time

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:41 am 
WoodsBuggy Addict

kevin f wrote:
What about bomb drop. It aint no cake walk.yep i want to take a looke at that one Or the hill to left of 5 jump over in the woodsdont know anything about that one. Im ready for all of em. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris

Board index » Tech and Fab » Tires and Wheels